“Another Excellent Comfort Suites”

Comfort Suites Byron
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Byron
Helen, GA, United States
“Another Excellent Comfort Suites”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I'm a frequent guest here - and every stay I've had has been excellent. There are no bad rooms in this hotel - no loud rooms or noises. The pool is nice and clean, breakfast in the morning is above average, and it's easy to get in and out of the hotel. In my business travellers' opinion - this is the best overall hotel in the Macon / Warner Robins area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Curt K
CSByron, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Byron, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for the compliments. We work hard and take a lot of pride in our hotel and service towards our guests. The entire staff strives to make every guest special in their own way. Thank you for lodging with us. See you again soon Curt!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times on and off for the past 5 months for business and whenever I'm in this area in the future I will be staying here. Beruk at the front desk has been very helpful with any questions or issues I've had, Housekeeper always makes sure my room is clean and everything is working properly, and the manager has been more than helpful with everything during my stay and takes time out of his day just to have a conversation with you. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed June 2014
You are one great guest Willie! Thank you so much for choosing us as your hotel. We appreciate having you and look forward to seeing you soon!
Reviewed July 1, 2014

The hotel is first class in every respect. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, providing directions to place such as restaurants, barbers, points of interest. The breakfast bar was plentiful with a variety of options, such as waffles, eggs, sausage, cereals, bagels, fruits etc. I especially appreciated the 24-hour availability of coffee or tea hot water and a variety of teas both with and without caffeine. The in-room WiFi worked wonderfully to allow me to keep in touch with family and friends and obtain news and weather on my laptop.Printer in the lobby kept my work going over all great stay. will stay here every time I am in the area.

Room Tip: try Georgia Bob's BBQ place
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Valued Guest,
We appreciate your review and on behalf of the entire staff we thank you. We look forward to seeing you again and again!
Commerce
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Bedbugs! No manager on duty. Front desk person was extremely nice but was just apologetic. While the price was good, now I have to clean all clothes, suitcase, etc. what a pain! To say nothing if the bites!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank 21CJ
Northwest Indiana
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is just wonderful! We had a room with 2 queen beds & a sleeper sofa & my sister's family had an adjoining room w/ a king bed & a sleeper sofa. Both rooms were very quiet & spacious and had a microwave and minifridge. Furniture was modern & in perfect shape & nice size flat screen tv on wall was very nice for the hubby;) The bed was sooo comfy & my husband wanted me to find out what kind of mattress it was so we could get one for home:) The beds each had 4 pillows - 2 firm & 2 soft so you could choose what you preferred. I've never been to a hotel with that before! The bathroom was beautiful & the cleanest I've ever seen. My husband & 2 daughters loved the pool... even though my hubby thought it was a little chilly (must've been a little wimpy;) Breakfast was yummy with eggs, bacon, fresh-made waffles you make yourself, toast, bagels, muffins, yogurt, cereal packs, etc. I always feel like I'm staying in a fancy place when you control the room temperature by a thermostat on the wall;) The price for each room was $104 including taxes which I think is great for the quality of the room that we had!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
CSByron, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Byron, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Guest,
On behalf of the entire staff we want to thank you for the review. We just love to hear back from our guests and we are delighted that your stay with us was fantastic. We are more than happy to give you the information on our mattresses and pillows if you call the hotel. We hope to see you and your family again soon. You guys are now part of our big happy family. Thank you!
Chicago
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I ;am changing all my thoughts about minimal service hotels after several stays at Comfort Suites lately. That is a brand I steered clear of in the past but had to visit one to use the business center in Kingsport, Tn last year and was pleasantly shocked! This Comfort Suites was no different. It was a super value in comparison to the usual 2.5 star rivals in the area, at least 30% less. However, the rooms are huge, large suites with a seating area, granite in the bathroom, very comfortable beds and sparkling clean. The furnishings are contemporary and inviting. There is a business center, a decently equipped, clean gym and indoor pool. Breakfast is anything you might want from a self-service hot buffet. The hotel had a large wedding party in during our stay that was taking over all the tables and stripping all the food but they were so accommodating that they offered to open an additional conference room for us to use and bring us food! They really bent over backwards to make the stay great. The little convenience shops in Comfort Suites make it nice to grab and drink and snack on your way up to the room after a long day, Conveniently located right off the highway.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
CSByron, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Byron, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Guest,
The entire staff does a little "cheer" dance every time a guest as yourself is satisfied with your stay. We consider all of our guests part of our big family and work hard to make every one of guests special. We sure hope that your experience with Choice Hotels grows and that the next time you are in town we are your choice for accommodations. We look forward to seeing you again. Thank you for the uplifting review!
Warren, Michigan
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Totally dirty! Had about (50) dead lady bugs in the closet next to the window and under the window. But most disgusting was 2 blood stains- each the size of a quarter- on the mattress pad. Was very tired and asked for another room- that room had same amount of dead lady bugs and no bath room exhaust fan. They offered a discount to compensate for the disgustingly dirty rooms. Wouldn't stay there again even if it was free!

Stayed here during Winter Break-end of February 2014- while on the way to Florida. Would rather sleep in my car than sleep here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank CLEO1300
CSByron, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Byron, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Valued Guest,
On behalf of the entire staff I want to apologize for not meeting your needs while you lodge with us. I will not excuse letting you down, but I do want to mention that in regards to the exhaust system, we do have in our hotel an exhaust system that works 24/7 called "breathing rooms", that is why you did not find a switch for it. And we do sit next to an USDA agricultural orchard and seasonally the lady bugs are very attracted to our property. We try our best to keep them under control.
Again, I apologize and hope that if you give us another chance we can prove that we will not let you down. Feel free to call us if you have any questions.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Byron
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Byron
#5 of 10 in Byron
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 10 in Byron

Been to Comfort Suites Byron? Share your experiences!