“OK for Business”
Review of Legacy Lodge

Legacy Lodge
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Buford
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I feel for this hotel. Everyone is very nice, but how much business can they get in the off season? Because of this, the rooms are a bit dated - no deadbolt on the door - and the furnishings are not what you might find in more upscale hotels. I had a spider in my room, and a colleague had ants in hers. The bedding really needs updating. I did appreciate the Starbucks coffee in the room.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
llisocial, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback during your most recent visit to Lake Lanier Islands Resort. Please know that your concerns have been addressed with the proper department manager.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

A beautiful property and the staff is very friendly. I was there on business and the conference area is excellent for groups. I also used the tennis courts which need a little updating. I also enjoyed the fire pits overlooking the lake.

Room Tip: This is a beautiful Resort and the rooms are very nice but unfortunately you can hear your neighbors...
1  Thank GeorgiaDoonie

We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback on your most recent stay.
It is our hope that you are planning a return trip back!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I have just attended a business meeting being held at the spectacular Legacy Lodge and Conference Center. I have seldom experienced such attention to detail and overall concern for quality customer service as I found here. The accommodations were amazing, the food was delightful and the facility is simply breathtaking. All together it made a business trip turn into a memorable and restful leisure opportunity as well. Kudos to the bell staff for the absolute best hospitality service and beautiful smiles I have experienced in all my travels. I can only hope for the pleasure of enjoying Lake Lanier Islands and Legacy Lodge again soon.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind words. We are proud to pass along your comments to everyone here and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed February 21, 2014

We booked a valentines romance package and I should have taken heed when they called me the week before confused about my pre packaged reservation. Upon our arrival the initial room we were given had molding that was falling off the ceiling and spiderwebs including bugs in another corner. They did promptly change our room and were very apologetic. The only restaurant available on property was Bullfrogs, the food was ok but pricey for basic bar food. After retiring for the evening, around 10 pm a loud party started in the room above us that lasted until about 2 am. When we were checking out I indicated that it was not a very enjoyable stay and we were told that the sheriff had been called to shut the party down and that they would make a note for the manager. I did receive a call on Monday that I returned however I have not heard back since... All in all disappointed in the way they handled this issue. We had planned to spend the day Sunday looking at their various wedding venues however have had second thoughts based on our stay.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

We appreciate you taking the time to give us your comments from your recent stay here with us at Lake Lanier Islands Resort. Please accept our apologies for the problems that you encountered during your time here with us. We truly appreciate all of our guests and want them to experience the best here at the Resort.
It is our hope that you will plan a return trip back to visit our many wedding venues.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

My husband I stayed at the Legacy Lodge this past weekend for Valentines. The property was amazing and the staff was so nice. We would love to go back when it warms up to be able to better enjoy the resort. We stayed in one of the suits which was large and really comfortable! It's not like your average luxury hotel, it has more oF the lodge feel, which was expected as denoted by the name. The indoor pool was closed for renovations but they had a nice fire pit and gym. Almost everything was good except for Bullfrog's Bar and grill. We had purchased a packaged from the hotel for a Valentines dinner, live music and a couple's photo. The photo and music were good but the restaurant Bullfrogs as a whole was horrible. We were served "bar" food for a romantic valentines dinner and when we requested a steak and baked potato from the pre planned menu we were told they no longer had potatoes!!!! I couldn't believe it, this meal was over $100 dollars and we get bar food and they don't even have everything on the menu. We also ended up having to eat from there again because the same restaurant was used for room service. This restaurant uses frozen food and when I ordered the hot wings which said 12 per order I only received 10 and when I advised the server, nothing was done.I can see this restaurant being on the resort as a pool side venue but not in the hotel. It just isn't good! Especially for an expensive Valentines dinner. They did have a restaurant Windows which we ate at for breakfast which was really good with an omelet and waffle bar and all of the typical breakfast foods. Overall Lake Lanier is nice but I will probably eat off of the property when going back!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dannnie82

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback during your most recent stay here with us at Lake Lanier Islands Resort during Valentine’s Day Weekend. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your suite and the fire pits! Please accept our apologies for the problems you encountered during your dining experience at Bullfrogs. It is our hope that you will return to the resort soon.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Legacy Lodge is beautiful! I was in town to see the Christmas Lights and was very impressed with the lodge. The front desk staff were very friendly and checking in and checking out did not take long at all. The valet/bellman were very nice as well. There are two restaurants. I ate dinner at Bullfrogs(located on level 1) and it was excellent. I ate breakfast, which was a buffet at Windows and it was great. I stayed on the 2nd floor and had a beautiful lake view. The bathroom looked as if it had just been renovated. I could be wrong but the tile, shower hardware, etc… all looked new. I had read other reviews about the television stations be blurry. I DID NOT have a problem at all with it being blurry. There were two beds in my room. I would say the beds/bedding were average. It states on their website Serta pillow top mattresses and High-thread count linens. Mine must have been missing. The outdoor pool is under construction but it clearly states that on their website. I reserved a package which included pony rides and a wrist band for carnival rides. The carnival rides were fun for the children but the ponies had already packed up for the night when I arrived. I didn't address it with the hotel but feel sure if I had they would have given me credit for that. I would definitely stay at this resort again.

Room Tip: Lake View is beautiful!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
llisocial, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

We were so happy to read your wonderful review of Lake Lanier Islands Resort during your stay with us during the Magical Nights of Lights. We'll be sure to pass along your kind words about our staff. It is our hope that you will plan a return trip back soon.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Spent one night for pleasure after Christmas. Bed was softly firm, view of lake just out back door, staff took care of you from the moment you arrived. We were able to see the awesome Christmas tour of lights that was included in our room rate. But they will eat you up with taxes and resort charges, even $10 for entering the place. Dinner buffett wasn't that great with limited choices, especially for a diabetic. Not being a boater, I don't think we would return but glad we went for the light show.

Room Tip: All rooms might have a view of the lake- just make sure.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
llisocial, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay here with us at Lake Lanier Islands Resort. Thank you for your kind words about your tour through The Magical Nights of Lights. We do hope that you will plan a return visit this summer so that you and your family can enjoy LanierWorld.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Buford
Hampton Inn Cumming
Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Buford Mall of Georgia
Hampton Inn Atlanta-Mall of Georgia
Hampton Inn & Suites Braselton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cumming Georgia

Been to Legacy Lodge? Share your experiences!