It is a shame that this is so poorly run, because it is a very beautiful property. However, we went through so much aggravation, I will never go again and my husband's group has decided not to hold their conference there. I have done a lot of reviews and I am overwhelmingly positive on them, but this was just a bad experience with staff all the way around. I will also add that I made a point of being courteous and polite when I addressed each of these issues. Here is the sequence of events:
We were with a group and were told by the group we should not have to pay the resort fee. Upon check in, the agent said a resort fee would be added, so we told her our group was not supposed to have to pay that. She checked and said we were correct and gave us our room key. Our event was to be at another building about ten minutes away and the information book in room said complimentary transportation to all resort locations was included and showed a number to call; when I called the number, she said no it was not available unless our group set it up. Then she checked and said no, our group had not set it up. Then someone called later and said transportation would be provided.
After the event, it was almost midnight and we were concerned about another member of our group driving home, so we needed to add an additional room. The front desk woman said they did have a room available but that we could not have it at our group rate. We said we still wanted the room and it took her at least 20 minutes with one error after another (saying our card was refused, then saying no it was working, etc) until she finally had it set up.
The next morning, we were going to check out from our room and noticed that the resort fee was back on our room, so I called the front desk to see why it was added back on. The phone rang and rang and rang until someone finally answered and said if we came down that they would remove the charge and that there was no line. If there was no line, why did it take so long to answer the phone?? So, we go to the front desk and she said she would remove the charge. We asked her that if the additional room was available last night, why weren't we able to get our group rate. So she called the manager over and they said they would get all of that corrected and then said they were printing our corrected bills out. We just wanted to get out of there, so when they handed us the "corrected" bill, I just looked to be sure they were the same rate for both rooms and stuck it in my purse and we left.
When I got home I went to file them and saw that the resort charges were STILL on both bills. I called the lodge and asked to speak to a manager and she transferred me to human resources! So I called back and when the same girl answered, I told her I needed to speak to a manager but I had been transferred to human resources. She sounded exasperated and asked "well what kind of manager do you want?" I said I wanted to speak to the manager of the lodge about incorrect charges on our room. She transferred me again and I asked the lady who answered if she was the manager, she was not, so she put me on hold and the manager finally came on.
I went over all of it and she said she didn't know if they could remove the resort fee but would find out the next day and call me back. Guess, what? She never called me back. I am just done dealing with them, but I cannot believe they would give us so much grief about removing this $12 something fee and risk losing a customer. It is just the principle of the thing to me. We did absolutely nothing but spend the night, we used absolutely no resort activities and our group spent a fortune on the event hosted there. We are talking about hundreds of people! So not only have they angered me enough to never go again, they have made the group decide not to host their upcoming meeting there.
If these fancy places want additional resort fees, then just add it to the rate and quit nickel and diming people to death when they come in. The last place I paid a resort fee to at least had complimentary bottles of water in the room! This place didn't provide that or anything else I wouldn't get at any other hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated along the shores of Lake Sidney Lanier, Lanier Islands boasts 1,500 scenic acres perfect for active families, romantic couples, corporate groups and solo travelers alike. Guests may choose from a variety of onsite activities and amenities that offer the perfect experience year-round, from LanierWorld – our Beach & Water Park – to diverse dining options, golf, spa, ziplining and boating. Additionally, this lakeside Georgia resort offers over 23,000 square feet of flexible event space and professional services for successful conferences, retreats, weddings, and other events. Luxurious amenities and unparalleled natural beauty come standard with every stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Legacy Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Lodge And Conference Center
- Legacy Hotel Buford
- Legacy Resort Buford
- Emerald Point Lake Lanier