“Empty imitation that does not live up to it's promise”
Review of Legacy Lodge

Legacy Lodge
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Buford
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed here for a business conference recently and at first was impressed. The grounds are very well kept and the resort looks great. Unfortunately the service here is spotty at best. The front desk and bar (Bullfrogs) are great however beyond these 2 areas you can universally expect a ything from disinterest to outright rudeness. The resort touts their access ability through cell phones which is great when answered except after a certain time it appears that phones are ignored resulting in our group being stranded waiting for a shuttle bus. As part of our conference several activities were organized including fishing, golf and spa visits. The hotel forgot to organize the fishing trip and the spa reservations were lost. Food is a challenge at the resort with a buffet and bar food being your only real options which is a surprise for a resort that is priced along the lines of Reynolds Plantation. I could go on and mention the lack luster gym with poorly maintained equipment etc but basically this resort looks great but is a hollow imitation of what a resort should be. If you are planning a conference look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
llisocial, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback regarding your stay with us here at Lake Lanier Islands Resort. We sincerely apologize for the trouble you experienced with the activities you had planned to participate in. We are looking into your information about the hotel not setting up events as this is highly unusual. You reference this was a convention that means there are signed off documents for each event called BEO's. Since we do not know which convention you were with, we will pull and review and issues related to what you posted in an attempt to find out what happened and why. We apologize either way. We do have several food options such as Bullfrogs, Windows, Butler's Pantry, Gianni's, Sunset Cove, Tads, Dog & Draft. Our fitness equipment I personally checked after reading your comments and we could not find anything not working or damaged etc. We service our fitness equipment daily and maintain that location several times throughout the day and night. We apologize that our fitness center did not meet your expectations. There is never a reason for staff rudeness and we have turned over your survey to our Director of Human Resources to review and address with staff. Since you were with a group you would of had organized, and timed, shuttle transportation. Those transportation schedules are posted on the group resume and posted in the lobby showing pick up times. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us. We do thank you for your kind words concerning the front desk and the bar at Bullfrogs.

We are embarrassed that your view of us is that of an empty imitation resort. We realize that we cannot change your personal opinion; however, we would like the opportunity to do so in the future as we have had huge positive responses from past guests that continue to return time and time again. We are hopeful that maybe, someday, you might reconsider and return.

There are newer reviews for Legacy Lodge

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stayed overnight at this hotel with my husband. There was some kind of conference going on, so the parking lot was very full. I managed to get a spot at the rear of the lot. My husband was playing golf with a client, so I shlepped my stuff from the car. One of the staff - I think his name was John - saw me and offered to take me in a golf cart to get the rest of my stuff. I was thankful for that. He was an older gentleman, very friendly and helpful and I tipped him generously. The rooms were nice and there were complimentary bike rentals - a nice touch. I took one of the bikes out to tour the area. It was a great way to see the rest of the park. Afterward I went to the spa for a massage. I felt the spa was smaller and not as professional as I would have expected here. It wasn't bad, just not as good as other spas I've been to in higher end hotels. My massage was good, not amazing. The rooms were nicely appointed and despite the number of people there, we enjoyed a quiet evening.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
llisocial, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful compliment to John, our bellman. We are very proud of our staff here at Lake Lanier Islands and strive for excellent service. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your bike tour of the resort. We hope that you plan a return trip soon: the Fall would be a beautiful time to take another bike ride around the Islands and see all the beautiful colors!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed overnight on a weekend at the lodge. We got there early Saturday so we could enjoy Lanier World. We did our pre-check in at the front desk and headed down to Big Beach to grab something to eat. It wasn't too long before our room was ready, which was so nice! We spent the day on the lake and came back to the lodge and ate before retiring off to bed. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud (or what we imagine that would be like). We didn't even remember falling asleep! We got up early the next morning and enjoyed the pool and patio area until check out. Prefect early in the morning, no one was really out and about yet. Great atmosphere, loved the fire pit pool side. Great for our couples getaway but also great from families and work groups as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leah B

Sounds like you enjoyed a fantastic weekend here with us at Lake Lanier Islands Resort! Thank you so much for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

If you have plenty of time to plan a business outing; this is your place. This venue is so beautiful that my quarterly group meeting (which typically moves around for each meeting) has voted to make this our permanent home. The lodge is very upscale, as is most of the rooms.

The Sales representative is wonderful and accomodating as you are in the booking process, however; once she delegates the particulars of the meeting, things tend to go awry. No worries, you just have to get her back into the loop! You have to allow plenty of time to overcome the hiccups that accompany a group outing. That said, there are some many things to do that having enough time is a problem. I recommend the sunset cruise - reasonably priced for a large group - or golf, the course is very challenging. There are many other team building activities to choose from as well.

The spa was disappointing but I am kind of a spa-snob, so some may ber very happy with the one here.

Lastly, although the food was average at best, it was very overpriced - again speaking from a group perspective.

Room Tip: Ask for the first floor, the rooms seem to have been recently renovated.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review! We are so excited to hear that Legacy Lodge and Conference Center will be permanently hosting your group’s quarterly meetings. Zip lining is another great team building activity that you may want to consider. We thank you for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We try to go every year. Fun for the whole family. The villas on the lake are beautiful and the service impeccable. Must get a golf cart to get around. It's the only way to travel on Lake Lanier. The sunsets are beautiful too.

• Stayed: July 2013

We so enjoyed hearing about your wonderful stay here with us at Lake Lanier Islands Resort. We are very proud of our Villas - the view from the balconies is spectacular! We hope to see you and your family back again soon. During the holiday season, you may also rent a golf cart to tour the Magical Night of Lights.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

The rooms were clean, the bathroom was a great size. The food at Gianni's and Bull Frogs was delicious. The kids loved Lanier World and the hotel staff was always accommodating and extremely nice. Our only regret is that we didn't stay longer.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for your great review of Lake Lanier Islands Resort. LanierWorld really is great fun for the entire family. We would love to see you and your family again soon - perhaps a relaxing weekend during the Magical Night of Lights season!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was worried before I arrived at the Resort based on reviews that were hit or miss. I cannot speak to those who may have had a bad stay but I can say that we had a wonderful stay. It was very enjoyable and well worth the ten (10) hours in the car with the family - Yikes. Once we were close I could see the area was upscale and a very heavy boating community. When we passed the Gate I was very happy to see the grounds were beautiful. While checking in I looked around the Reception area and was happy to see it was in the style of a lodge. The staff welcomed us and I was happy with our room as it was a decent size and clean. The staff were all extremely friendly to us and helpful. We explored the area in our golf carts, went to the water park, enjoyed the food at the restaurants, etc. We went with 4 children ages 8 to 14. The kids had such a good time that they said they would trade Disney to come here again. I for one recommend visiting this resort if you get the chance and take in the peace and beauty of this location. Coming form South Florida it was definitely a nice change of pace.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Your great review is most appreciated! We are quite proud of our staff here at the Resort and enjoy hearing wonderful feedback about them from our guests. LanierWorld is such a fun experience for the whole family. The water slides, Big Beach, miniature golf, amusement rides and restaurants truly make for a full day! It is our hope that you and your family created wonderful memories of your time here. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you all back soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Buford
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buford/Mall of Georgia
Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Buford Mall of Georgia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buford at Mall of Georgia
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Buford
Hampton Inn Cumming
Hampton Inn Cumming
#1 of 5 in Cumming

Been to Legacy Lodge? Share your experiences!