Legacy Lodge
$129
$103
Courtyard
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $133/night.

$97
$99
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $118/night.

$130
$87
Fairfield Inn
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $98/night.

$110
$101
Hotwire.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $113/night.

$75
$60
$65
All reviewswater parklake laniergolf cartlake houseslanier worldconference centerhorseback ridingview of the lakebeautiful resortchristmas lightszip linegreat weekendrecommend this resortisland resortbreakfast buffetbusiness conferenceheated pool
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed one night with our 3 year old and had a great time. We did the Magical Nights of Lights package which included, a king room, golf cart, viewing the light displays, entrance and unlimited rides in the village, 2 pony rides and breakfast with Santa. The service was fantastic, the lodge has a woodsy feel, perfect for the holidays. I would highly recommend this lodge for anyone living in the Atlanta area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Globetrekers
llisocial, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you for sharing your holidays with us! We hope you will make our Magical Nights of Lights a lasting tradition for your family for many more years to come. We are so pleased to hear that you had a great time and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in one of the 2 Bedroom 'Lake Houses'. Dollar for Dollar it was average, but not a disaster. We will most likely give it another shot this year IF the pricing is in-line. Its easiest to just bullet point out our stay (the Good & Bad):

The GOOD:

The Beds - They were amazing! Probably the most comfortable we've ever slept in.

The Layout - It (the 2 Bedroom Lake House) was Cozy. Comfortable for 4 adults and a 2 year old.

Air Conditioning - Was great!

The Resort/Grounds - Its beautiful. I am so glad that someone is finally investing money to make this a destination. It can be so much more and it feels like someone else finally recognizes this.

The BAD:

The Price - Dollar for Dollar I felt we paid too much for what we got. I could have rented a private house on the lake for the same dollars. Taxes, while not any fault of LLI except for being in GA, were outrageous! GA should be ashamed of themselves (but they won't be).

Parking - Mostly I list this as a negative because we spent extra on a Golf Cart, but could not park it anywhere and had to return it each night before dark (and because of this we cancelled the cart after 1 day). It was not at all convenient and we would not do this again unless it was free (and even then, we'd have to consider if its worth it because of the hassle of having to return it each night). I would have hoped there would be parking especially for the Golf Carts that would be closer. Instead you had to park it in the parking lot amongst the rest of the cars. Seems to defeat the purpose.

Service - Long Line at Check In (probably just bad timing), but coupled with horrible service at Gianni's and a so/so Breakfast service, it all compiled to my 'Poor' rating. I will say that we are at Sunset Cove Bar & Grill almost every weekend and never have issues...most everyone is super friendly and service is fine. Gianni's was entirely different. Long Long wait, wrong food, half the table coming out 10 full minutes before the other half, no refills offered on the soda. The Food was so/so at best. We never went back that weekend or all summer. Breakfast was more about being understaffed and just waiting forever for juice, coffee, silverware, etc. Food was fine here...The guy at the Omelet station was great! Wish I would have remembered his name.

The MIDDLE OF THE ROAD:

Docking - We came by boat (as we always do). I'm all for reserving slips, but would like to see a couple of things.
1) A discount for those actually STAYING at the resort (or at least a credit back of at least part of the docking fee's for use at the resort).
2) An easier way to make multiple night reservations in the same slip so you don't have to move the boat every morning because you can only do 1 night and 1 slip at a time. The reservation system in place now is lacking quite a bit.

My SUMMARY:

We'll be back. You can tell that the effort is being made and that is good enough for me/us to keep coming back. If I sensed they gave up or were OK with the Staus Quo it would be a different story, but nothing or nobody is perfect (not even Disney) so as long as they keep working to make this a better place, we'll be back. Its come a long way, but there is more that can be done and we hope to see the resort get better with more attractions and more reasons to not only come, but to stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. We are always looking for ways to improve and will certainly take your suggestions to heart. We thank you for your continued loyalty and hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stayed in a villa king room and was disappointed. The services listed on the website did not exist. We were not escorted to the villa, in fact, when we checked in I requested an extra blanket and ice and was given these items to take to the villa myself. Tacky! There was no welcoming gift basket and no complimentary newspaper. There was no nightly turn down service and on 12/24 our room was not serviced at all. In our room there were scattered cobwebs and an acorn desk lamp had plenty of dust within the metal acorns. The setting is not private since the walls are paper-thin. We arranged to have a package delivered to us at the hotel. Amanda at the desk said it would be delivered to our room but it was never brought to us. Instead, we had to go to the lodge and find it ourselves. Room service cannot even make a grilled cheese sandwich since we received 2 slices of untoasted bread with a piece of cold cheese between them. The first 2 days there, our phone rang waking us at 5am and when answered there was no one on the line. What a nuisance! After reporting this it was corrected. The room was spacious and there is a fireplace but when the fireplace is not on, there is a faint smell of gas in the room.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank mona12

We sincerely apologize that we failed to meet your service expectations. We appreciate your taking the time to detail exactly what went wrong with your stay so that we have the opportunity to correct those items going forward. We hope that you will give us another chance to earn your trust and will consider returning to Legacy Lodge. Again, please accept our most sincere apologies.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I just returned from a weekend conference at this resort. From the moment my car turned in I felt I was in the perfect place. The drive up to the main hotel was beautifully lined with thousands of Christmas lights. Now the main hotel comes into view. This is a superior rustic looking scene.
From the front desk to housekeeping, every staff member was gracious and went out of their way to make our conference one of a kind.
The resort is surrounded byLake Lanier. The food in each resturant was delicious and the wait staff was a pleasure.
The rooms in the main hotel were lovely, but we had a villa on the water that took the resort rating over the top.
I would return anytime for any reason and never hesitate to recommend them.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
llisocial, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Thank you so much for your review! We strive to provide excellent service for all of our valued guests! We are sincerely looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I spent the weekend at this location and can not begin to say how wonderful it was. The staff was amazing, the food was excellent, the facility is beautiful! I live close to the area and had never before taken advantage of the beauty that was right in my own backyard! I must also comment on the spa experience--simply the best ever--so relaxing! I have already and will continue to recommend this location to my friends, family, and co-workers. The grounds are spectacular -----a great venue for weddings, social events, water park activities and the list goes on and on......I had a wonderful experience and you will too!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
llisocial, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thank you so much for such a glowing review! We are so pleased to hear that you had such an amazing time and we look forward to seeing you lots more in the future!