We stayed for 3 nights in one of the 2 Bedroom 'Lake Houses'. Dollar for Dollar it was average, but not a disaster. We will most likely give it another shot this year IF the pricing is in-line. Its easiest to just bullet point out our stay (the Good & Bad):
The Beds - They were amazing! Probably the most comfortable we've ever slept in.
The Layout - It (the 2 Bedroom Lake House) was Cozy. Comfortable for 4 adults and a 2 year old.
Air Conditioning - Was great!
The Resort/Grounds - Its beautiful. I am so glad that someone is finally investing money to make this a destination. It can be so much more and it feels like someone else finally recognizes this.
The Price - Dollar for Dollar I felt we paid too much for what we got. I could have rented a private house on the lake for the same dollars. Taxes, while not any fault of LLI except for being in GA, were outrageous! GA should be ashamed of themselves (but they won't be).
Parking - Mostly I list this as a negative because we spent extra on a Golf Cart, but could not park it anywhere and had to return it each night before dark (and because of this we cancelled the cart after 1 day). It was not at all convenient and we would not do this again unless it was free (and even then, we'd have to consider if its worth it because of the hassle of having to return it each night). I would have hoped there would be parking especially for the Golf Carts that would be closer. Instead you had to park it in the parking lot amongst the rest of the cars. Seems to defeat the purpose.
Service - Long Line at Check In (probably just bad timing), but coupled with horrible service at Gianni's and a so/so Breakfast service, it all compiled to my 'Poor' rating. I will say that we are at Sunset Cove Bar & Grill almost every weekend and never have issues...most everyone is super friendly and service is fine. Gianni's was entirely different. Long Long wait, wrong food, half the table coming out 10 full minutes before the other half, no refills offered on the soda. The Food was so/so at best. We never went back that weekend or all summer. Breakfast was more about being understaffed and just waiting forever for juice, coffee, silverware, etc. Food was fine here...The guy at the Omelet station was great! Wish I would have remembered his name.
The MIDDLE OF THE ROAD:
Docking - We came by boat (as we always do). I'm all for reserving slips, but would like to see a couple of things.
1) A discount for those actually STAYING at the resort (or at least a credit back of at least part of the docking fee's for use at the resort).
2) An easier way to make multiple night reservations in the same slip so you don't have to move the boat every morning because you can only do 1 night and 1 slip at a time. The reservation system in place now is lacking quite a bit.
We'll be back. You can tell that the effort is being made and that is good enough for me/us to keep coming back. If I sensed they gave up or were OK with the Staus Quo it would be a different story, but nothing or nobody is perfect (not even Disney) so as long as they keep working to make this a better place, we'll be back. Its come a long way, but there is more that can be done and we hope to see the resort get better with more attractions and more reasons to not only come, but to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated along the shores of Lake Sidney Lanier, Lanier Islands boasts 1,500 scenic acres perfect for active families, romantic couples, corporate groups and solo travelers alike. Guests may choose from a variety of onsite activities and amenities that offer the perfect experience year-round, from LanierWorld – our Beach & Water Park – to diverse dining options, golf, spa, ziplining and boating. Additionally, this lakeside Georgia resort offers over 23,000 square feet of flexible event space and professional services for successful conferences, retreats, weddings, and other events. Luxurious amenities and unparalleled natural beauty come standard with every stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Legacy Lodge & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Lodge And Conference Center
- Legacy Hotel Buford
- Legacy Resort Buford
- Emerald Point Lake Lanier