“Summer Sales Meeting - 30 Year Anniversary”
Review of Legacy Lodge

Legacy Lodge
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Buford
Bishop, Georgia
“Summer Sales Meeting - 30 Year Anniversary”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I had the pleasure of working with the sales team at Legacy Lodge & Conference Center where I planned our Summer Sales Meeting & 30 Year Anniversay company picnic. We brought in all our employees and their families to enjoy this amazing resort for 3 days. While we would have our daily meetings in the conference rooms our family was able to go out and enjoy the water park, golf, boating or just sitting by the pool with a good book. This is a great place to mix business with pleasuere - the entire staff was very curtious and helpful with all our needs and look forward to returning perhaps at our 35 Year Anniversary.

Room Tip: Personally I feel that all the rooms are excellent and either choice you make will be great.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
llisocial, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Lodge, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
How exciting and wonderful to hear that you were able to combine work and family fun time here at Lake Lanier Islands! We truly do have something to offer everyone. We hope that you are planning a return trip soon so that you too may enjoy all the fantastically fun activities we have to offer. Please let us know how we may assist you in planning your 35 year anniversary!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Dothan, Alabama
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We were looking for a location that was half way between us and very close friends of ours, and Lake Lanier was about as close as we could get, so after checking TripAdvisor and the resort's website; we called. First thing I would say, is the website was not very helpful in our search for the lake houses. It seems like it could be tweaked a bit, but the lady on the phone was very helpful in answering all our questions and making the reservation. We reserved a two bedroom lake house that slept eightish...two families with kids who are great friends as well. For two families, the cost was pretty good for the lake house. If you were just heading to the lake for a weekend getaway, this isn't it. For about $350 a night, is is on the expensive side, but again, for two families, it turns into a bargain.

The lake house has a very large living room and decent sized kitchen with everything you'd need (no oven) to survive an extended getaway. The two bedrooms flanked either side of the living room and each has it's own full bath, television and access to the rear deck. The living room has a good sized gas fireplace, small television (not that your there too watch it), and it's own access to the back deck. There is a stacked washer dryer unit in the house, and even a dishwasher...nice touches. The house has a "homey" feel with hardwood floors, unique artwork that seems to work off the lakeside appeal. If you are a very type "A" person, don't look at where the art is hung, because they aren't centered or have any rhyme or reason to their placement. It gave us all a laugh. The beds were comfortable, the bedding was very clean, and the bathroom was clean enough. On the deck was a gas grill, a hot tub and a great view of the lake (through the trees).

The bad...All the lake houses are very close in proximity, so if seclusion is what you are looking for, this isn't it. While grilling on the deck, I easily could hear the conversation from the deck next to us. Stay inside if you want privacy. I'm not sure how old the buildings are, but it seems that they have been remodeled a few times to keep up. However, some of the floor boards next to the front door were very loose, and sunk deeply when stepped on. The house was more like a cabin, as the fight with spiders and other bugs seemed like it was at an impasse. We killed our fair share of creepy crawlies. Interesting things like the refrigerator door couldn't be opened all the way because of another door being in the way, causing the use of the veggie crisper to be impossible, only one shelf in the full sized refrigerator, two coffee cups in a house that sleeps eight were things that were small, yet not what I would expect from a >$350/night place. Maybe I was paying for the 80's big hair cover band that played until almost midnight...that everyone in the lake houses could hear. These are all easy fixes I think...except for that band.

The access to the lake was an easy walk, and all the other stuff to do there is awesome. So I wouldn't say this is a great spot to "get away from it all", but a very entertaining place to stay. I think the lake houses would be a great place to house a family reunion, or anything like that. The houses are close, families can split the bill if they shared one, there are things to do other than hang out with crazy relatives, and there is something for everyone. The product for the dollar isn't there on the lake houses though. We have stayed in such great places that are off in the woods that were cleaner, better stocked, had more space, had no bugs, and were better maintained that cost much less. However they didn't have full service entertainment either.

I just felt cramped by all the houses packed into the tight space, stayed in a average two bedroom cottage that cost more than average, to get a "feel" that I was enjoying nature, when real nature wasn't really anywhere around. However, I did have an enjoyable time with friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank 47Driver
Thank you for your suggestions as to how we can make our lake houses better equipped. We certainly take our guests comments to heart and will do everything we can to accommodate. We definitely do have many activities year-round so there is always something to do; however, there is peace and solitude should you desire on our walking trails, campgrounds, bike rides, and boat rentals. We are pleased that you had an enjoyable time with family and friends and hope that you will visit again soon.
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My family attended a wedding at Lake Lanier and we all stayed at the Lodge. The fall weather and beautiful trees certainly added to the ambiance, but the entire resort was perfect! Friendly doormen and valets, good service from the front desk, helpful maids - they all helped to make this a lovely experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
llisocial, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Lodge, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
It truly is beautiful at the Lake this time of year. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your wonderful comments about our staff. We look forward to your return stay soon.
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Second stay at Legacy Lodge - this time for a destination wedding, which included lots of family staying at the Lodge and Lake Houses. The Lake Houses were certainly more rustic, but my entire family filled every house on our end, making it the perfect place for a family reunion. The beds were very comfortable and the place was clean. While I do agree that the Lake Houses could use some updating, they were much, much, nicer than staying in any cabin I’ve stayed in.

The food for the rehearsal dinner and wedding were surprisingly good! Lots of meals at Sunset Cove, Bullfrogs, Windows. Also recommend Adams Restaurant and Aqua Terra Bistro in Buford. Our family and friends who travelled from all over the US are still talking about their stay. So much to do! Call in advance to book the zipline. Waterpark closes 1st part of September, but still fun had by all!

Sure it's a little pricey - but it's the experience. The staff was terrific, very accomodating, and happy to give us a ride back to the Lake Houses which were a mile away from the Lodge.

Room Tip: It's about expectations: If you think lake lodging means "new upscale condo" - bette...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for your wonderful review! We hope that the wedding was all you had imagined it would be and we are so pleased to hear everyone had such a great time. We certainly look forward to your return visit soon!
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This was a great hotel. The room we stayed in was on the ground floor and we had view of lake. The room was uniquely positioned in that when you looked out the window, you could not see any other hotel rooms so it appeared that we had the "backyard" to ourselves. The staff at the hotel was great and the breakfast buffet at the Windows restaurant was top notch. The servers for breakfast were the best I have encountered in years. We also ate at Bullfrogs and we found the food selection & prices to be on par with the other options around the lake. The food quality was good-the prices not great (slightly pricey) but the service was again, excellent.

The one complaint is about the bathroom in the room--althought it was clean and tidy, the smell of mold/mildew was immediately apparent when I entered the bathroom. I could not tell where it was coming from but I believe that it was the plastic shower curtain liner. When I opened the plastic curtain completely, I noticed there were small black mildew spots. I am sure they would have changed out the liner if I had asked, I just didn't want to complain.

Our family will return because we did not have time to enjoy all the amenities available at the hotel & lake lanier.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jerrysfamily
We appreciate your feedback very much and are pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay. Thank you for letting us know about the bathroom shower curtain liner. We have alerted our housekeeping department regarding that particular issue and again, we thank you for taking the time to let us know how we can improve. We look forward to your return stay soon and hope that you will have time to take advantage of all the great activities and events that we have to offer year round!
Reviewed August 14, 2012

When we initially arrived at the resort, the grounds were beautiful and this was a nice surprise. Considering that this is about an hour away from Downtown Atlanta, I was very impressed with the tranquility of this property.

My boyfriend surprised with a trip to this resort this past weekend. We started the weekend with the Romance Escape package, which included chocolate covered strawberries and champagne waiting in our room. We also received a couple’s 50 minute massage in the package at the Tranquility Spa. The Spa was nice, but wished that they had more areas in the spa to relax either before or after your massage. It was pretty much in and out of the massage room.

We had a room on the 4th floor. Room was nicely decorated with comfy bed and bathrooms (could have been softer….they were a bit rough). The rooms have a nice balcony that you can sit on and enjoy, while looking at the lake. Didn’t have much of a view from our room, but it was enough, plus the view of the grounds.

One downfall of the hotel was the cleanliness of the bathroom. The shower looked like the grout had not been cleaned in around. We wiped it and found that there were even some hairs that came out of the shower that were not ours!! We shared this will the manager, who immediately provided us with another room that had a clean bathroom.

The pool area is nice and clean with lots of places to sit and relax. There is a bar right off the pool area and also a gas fire pit for the cold nights.

We had dinner in the Windows Restaurant two nights and enjoyed the food and the service. I would recommend it! The breakfast served in Bullfrogs was not that great at all, so I would go some place for breakfast next time....although I think it was included in the package.

Overall we had a wonderful stay at the Legacy Lodge and I am already planning my next trip back since it so close!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank onlyone129
llisocial, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Lodge, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
We are so happy to hear that you had such a wonderful stay on your recent visit! We sincerely apologize that the condition of your first room was not as it should have been and thank you for giving us the opportunity to immediately correct the problem so that it did not affect your overall stay. We strive to ensure that each guest has a wonderful experience with us and we certainly look forward to your return visit soon!
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I recently had the opportunity to spend a weekend at the Legacy Lodge at Lake Lanier. I really cannot say enough about the positive experience. The room was wonderful, not national chain carbon copy, but actually pleasant to walk into, comfortable, clean and the decor absolutely drew you into that "lodge" getaway frame of mind. The staff, from the bellman and front desk, to the servers in the restaurants and housekeeping were on top of everything. We spent the weekend when they had a full house, but attention to every last minute detail was never spared. The girls at the front desk even remembered my name when we walked back in later in the day. To me, that represents a staff that #1, cares about their guests, but goes the extra mile to make their guests feel like they really are important.

The food is fabulous, no matter where you eat. And the variety is great. They will even go out of their way to accommodate special dietary needs. My case, gluten free. They took very good care of me and I never felt left out or envious because I couldn't have the norm.

The amenities go on and on, but I really enjoy the horseback riding and the walking trails. We always see deer. This year was special, we saw a doe with twin fawns.

Whether your intention is a relaxing getaway for the weekend, a wedding or a corporate team building event, the Legacy Lodge and Lake Lanier Islands Resort would be the perfect place for you to start!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your excellent review of our property! We are so pleased to hear that you had such a great time. We do certainly have so many amenities to offer...truly something for everyone. How exciting to have seen a doe with twin fawns! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the food as well and look forward to seeing you again year after year.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buford
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buford/Mall of Georgia
Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Buford Mall of Georgia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buford at Mall of Georgia
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Buford
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Flowery Branch

Been to Legacy Lodge? Share your experiences!