“Exceptional Service”
Review of Legacy Lodge

Legacy Lodge
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Buford
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Our company recently enjoyed a wonderful meeting here. The staff was kind and helpful throughout every stage, from planning to the actual event. This venue offers everything you need to have a successful and enjoyable event. Everyone at the meeting thoroughly enjoyed the “All-day Break” option which provided us with snacks right outside of our meeting room. I am very thankful for all of the help that both Shannon Galbraith and Susan Moore provided. I would strongly recommend Legacy Lodge for any event.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
llisocial, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Thanks so much for such a great review of our property! We are pleased to hear that your meeting went so well and thank you for your recognition of our hardworking staff! We look forward to hosting your company events for many years to come.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

We stayed one night on a great family fun package with my two young granddaughters. It included passes to to water park. We had such fun! The lodge is beautiful. We were expecting more of a chain basic hotel stay because of the price but were surprised that everything was so much nicer than we expected. We had the big buffet breakfast the next morning and we all loved it. Don't miss it!

Everything was clean and in good condition. We had no need to interact with staff other than the front desk, valets and dining room and everyone was super friendly and efficient.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

We are so pleased to hear that you had such a great time during your recent visit with your granddaughters! We hope you will make us your vacation destination for many years to come and look forward to your return visit soon!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Our company hosted a conference in September 2011. I can’t speak highly enough of the great service we received. From our sales manager, Shannon Galbraith, who was there to make sure everything was covered to our event coordinator, Karl Owara who never missed a detail, we received nothing but excellent service. Any concern we had was quickly resolved and we were more than taken care of. The presentation of our food not only looked incredible, it was delicious! Our group participated in the boat regatta team builder and it was so much fun! Everyone working together as a team towards one goal. Definitely something we would do again. We also had a dinner cruise on Saturday night and again the food was excellent and it was great fun!
Recently I was invited back as a guest for a weekend to enjoy the amenities for possible future events. We had a wonderful time! We participated in the culinary experience and my only regret was that I couldn’t bring the Chef home with me. The food was terrific and so much fun learning to prepare. I would HIGHLY recommend the Culinary Experience to any group as a team builder.
We are now in the process of planning our second event with Legacy Lodge and would not think of going anywhere else.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
llisocial, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

WOW! We are so pleased to hear that you had such great experiences on both your recent visits and are planning another event with us. It is our goal to make each guest feel welcomed and appreciated and it sounds like we absolutely provided that for you! We look forward to your next visit and will work very hard to exceed your expectations yet again. Thank you for your great review!

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Each week I book rooms at Legacy Lodge for our incoming classes, the service is always excellent, food amazing, customer service awesome. Looking for a stay where you are always made to feel like a celerbity and have the red carpet rolled out for you, I recommend the Legacy Lodge at Lake Lanier. Many students that has stayed there enjoyed it so much they returned with their families for extended vacations.
Savannah Powe
Makita USA

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much! We are honored that you continue to choose Legacy Lodge for all your business and personal needs. We work hard to retain our loyal guests and we appreciate your great review. We certainly look forward to continuing our long standing relationship with you and look forward to your return visit soon.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

This was our 2nd stay at Legacy Lodge. We came here last year and Loved it so much we decided to come back again this year but this time it was for my son's 14th Birthday for the gotofun deal (which was 1 nights stay and 4 passes to the water park for only $139/plus taxes and fees) and we brought along 21 people with us and each family renting rooms also. We had Bragged to Everyone about how nice this place was and how much we had enjoyed it the year before, But this year was different. I can't say OMG...This place is Totally "The Best" as I did in my review last year, sorry! I found this stay just okay. When I called and booked my room I felt rushed on the phone as if whoever it was booking my room didn't have time to answer my questions, that should have been my clue, huh? But I know some places can be busy so I let it go and told everyone that was going with us to call and book their rooms, they did, I'm not sure of their experience. When we all arrived (on Sunday, July 22nd) at 10am we were allowed to do the early checkin (the lady that allowed us this early checkin was very nice) and she allowed us to retrieve our tickets to the water park. We all went and stayed at the water park until around 4pm and then we all came back and unloaded our vehicles this time no guy out front to help unload our vehicle or help with our luggage (what a bummer) we all got our room numbers and proceeded to our rooms. When we got to our room it was again very nice, the bathroom very roomy and the beds very comfortable. Our view this year was a little different it was of the woods, haha! It's okay though we hardly stayed on the balcony this time. We all went and hung out by the pool for the rest of the afternoon, which was really nice! We didnt get into bed until late during this stay but during the night it was very quite and we enjoyed that, we slept really well! The next morning when we all took showers inside our room the facet leaked, bad! It soaked the floor! Oh well just dried it up with a towel. I noticed mold on our shower curtain also. The water pressure sucked! Then when I got out of the shower and went to sit on the end of our bed I noticed that the sheets had stains on them. I am an understanding person but come on...for the price that we paid and brought alot of people with us, I expected the same as last visit. At Checkout I gave the lady our keys and told her that we were checking out and she just said, thank you and then answered her phone that was ringing...Didnt ask us if everything was good or how our stay was, she seemed to busy so I in turn didnt have time to wait and tell her about the leaking facet inside our bathroom. But all in all we all still had a Great time!! And I would still recommend this place as a Great Place to Visit and Stay! Just I know next time to check my room out a little bit better when I enter it, and ask for a better view of a room. Hopefully we can return next year and get the same service as our first stay! This place is Georgeous and the water park is awesome!

Room Tip: Get a Room on the 4th Floor for a Great View!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank joanie30735

We appreciate your comments as they show us areas that we need to improve upon. We are very sorry for the difference in service you experienced from your first stay to this stay. We want you to know that we will work very hard to remedy these issues. We are so glad that you had a great time at the water park and we will definitely look forward to your return visit next year!

Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed at the Lanier Island Resort from July 10-12 for a work retreat/conference. When I first drove up to the hotel, I noticed all the signs that stated there was free valet service but there was absolutely no valet to take the car. No one at all. So I drove around and found the parking lot myself, parked, and came into the lobby. The lobby looks nice. Sort of like a log cabin. It smelled great too.

Check-in was supposed to be at 4pm, so I arrived around 4:15 to the hotel. I was second in line to be checked in. I have no idea what was going on, but there were two front desk associates, and they each had only one person they were working with but it still took over 40 minutes for them to get to me! That is a very long time to wait in line to check into a hotel. By the time they were ready to assist me, there was about 8-9 other guests waiting behind me to check in. If check-in time is at 4pm, then why not staff appropriately?

So I get to my room and notice how dated the room looks although the bathroom is very modern. The bedroom looks like something out of the 80s. I do the usual check. Walk in the bathroom, check the toilet, shower, etc. Then I went to check the beds. I pulled down the sheets, and there were stains, hair, and crumbs inside the bed. It looked as if no one had changed the sheets! I immediately go to call the front desk, but the phone by the bed doesn’t work. I try the phone by the office desk and notice how filthy it was. I still dial, inform the front desk of my issue, and they say to come back to the front desk and they would move me to another room.

I again wait in line, at this point I’m behind all the other people that were in line behind me…I get to the desk agent, and notice her name was the same as the person I spoke with on the phone. I reminded her of our conversation and she had my room key ready. No apology for the issue, no manager stating that it is not usual to find stained sheets in their room. It was as if this happens all the time and they just switched the room without any apology what so ever.

I get to my new room; do the same check, and although it was not cleaned to my satisfaction, I accepted it as the room because it wasn’t overtly dirty. I start to unpack and then try to wash my hands and no water comes out of the faucet. I mean nothing. So I personally go under the vanity and turn on the main water supply underneath the sink. That results in only the cold water working. Absolutely no hot water was coming out of the faucet. I was already late for the evening conference, so I went ahead and just dealt with it.

The following morning, I took a shower, and realized that the tub did not drain at all. The water was literally filling up at my feet and it was disgusting.

I went to the breakfast in their Windows restaurant arranged with our company. I go to the buffet, and pull the first plate and notice that it is crusty. I look closely and flip it over and there is crusted over cheese and egg on the plates. My plate and the one underneath in the stack. That is DISGUSTING! I immediately call over a member of the staff and let her know that the plates are dirty and not acceptable to eat. Again, no apology. She just took the dirty plates, ignored me, and then started talking to another associate. Wow.

That day, during our conference in the Grand Ballroom, I noticed how dated and old the facilities were. During one of the presentations, I noticed something moving on the floor near my foot. It was a large centipede-type bug just about crawl up my leg. Come on Legacy Resort! You’re supposed to be a LUXURY resort! When the last time that place has been thoroughly cleaned? How do you expect companies to rent your facilities when your housekeeping staff is not doing what it should?

I will NEVER ever return to this resort. The prices are ridiculously high for the type of accommodations you have. Trust me, word of mouth is a huge thing, and I have told all my Atlanta area friends about my experience here. Service will make or break a hotel, and combine poor service with a disgusting facility, and you have a combination for poor business.
Stay away, there are much better accommodations in the Atlanta area that actually upkeep their properties and deliver what they say they will.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank Meliss1056
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I have stayed twice this year and both stays were exceptional. Customer service with a smile and issues resolved without incident. There was a problem with our air conditioner. A technician appeared within minutes and the problem was fixed while we were at dinner. We enjoyed our stay so much we extended.

Room Tip: Both times I stayed on the second floor on two different wings. Both rooms were quiet with a great...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kristy F
llisocial, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Thank you so much for your great review! We are so pleased that you had such exceptional service and enjoyed your stay so much that you stayed longer! We look forward to your return visit soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Buford
9 mi away
Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville
#1 of 12 in Gainesville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buford at Mall of Georgia
Hampton Inn & Suites Braselton

Been to Legacy Lodge? Share your experiences!