“Amazing food excellent experience Best chef downtown Buford”
Review of Sperata

Sperata
Reserve with OpenTable
Sperata is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 247 Restaurants in Buford
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is my wife's favorite restaurant, I order different all the time, I never had a dish I did not like, well maybe one it has peanut a sauce in it, not for me, but everything else from steak to seafood is awesome, my wife's favorite which you have to try is bannana rum talapia served with special rice, my wife never finishes it but that good for me, I'm a good tipper when I get good service, so my waiter always knows when I come in what I expect and it nothing less then the best, as far a the chef with tattoos who cares what a strange comment someone left, so does that mean you would rather have a chef with no tattoos that is a horrible cook, I'm mean really what a ridiculous comment, yes I like know love this restaurant, if there's something you don't care for just tell your waiter they will fix it, that's what I did at first and then we got to know each other, this place rocks, all these restaurants on main street are not cheap, when dining who want cheap food, otherwise, go to McDonalds treat the whole family for $30 dollars eat your heart out, Sperata is priced the same as everyone else, actually little less and you get so much food, other restaurants on the strip do not give you a good size portion, but not to say they are not good, just not my favorite.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Overpriced food that you can get at Longhorn for half the cost. Terrible service and an even more terrible Executive Chef (try and have a conversation with the guy).By the way check out the other chef's arms. If that doesn't turn you off then Sperata is the place for you. I certainly don't want to be served by someone with fresh rails cooking up my food!

3  Thank steve h
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

We had good time with our family for lunch , lot of different choices and they where willing to cook anything we like with ingredients they have, everything is made from schratch , will recommend this place

Reviewed August 11, 2012

This was the second time we've been; we liked it the first time as well. This time we ordered the crab tower with salmon as an appetizer, which was delicious. As one of the entrees we got butternut squash ravioli which I liked very much as well, it didn't taste like sweet potato to me but rather a nice balance of handmade pasta with a robust sauce & just enough goat cheese on top. I would have liked a few more thinly sliced mushrooms in the dish though. My entree was a shrimp/scallop/mussel dish in a Mornay sauce which was terrific, and split Brussels sprouts with other vegetables (haricots verts etc). They did not have the wine we initially ordered, but what we replaced it with was just as good. Prices are a bit high we thought but the quality was very good & we had a nice table at the window. Waiters were knowledgeable & attentive without hovering. A little Andrea Bocelli over the speakers as we walked in didn't hurt either. We will definitely go back.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

We dined at Sperata on July 10th as a large event party. I enjoyed the charm of the restaurant, and the staff was very nice.

The menu sounded divine as the head server read through the dishes. I ordered the Carpaccio of Beef, Lobster and Crab Bisque, Butter Nut Squash Raviolis, and the Flowerless (that's how they spell it on the menu) chocolate Torte. Doesn't that menu sound fantastic!

Well, the carpaccio was amazingly delicious. It had the best texture, taste, and it was done very well. I was a little confused with the tablespoon worth of minced garlic on the side of the plate, but I added the amount I wanted and was happy with the meal.

The Lobster and Crab Bisque was not good at all. It barely had meat in it, and it looked and tasted like tomato soup. It was not a bisque and to call it that is a disgrace.

My entree of butternut squash raviolis sounded so good on the menu. The butternut squash filling tasted like sweet potato pie. Not the taste you want in a pasta dish. Then I'm not sure if the restaurant was running out of food or what, but things got a little strange. I had random spears of asparagus in my meal. I lifted up some of the pasta to reveal asparagus. That was not supposed to be in my dish. Then as I started to talk to my colleagues about their food I noticed things were really strange. Four people ordered the Beef filet and all four plates looked different. Not because they ordered it that way. Some got asparagus spears, some got green beans mixed with asparagus spears as their side dishes. Some got horseradish, others didn't (and they didn't ask for it to not be included it just didn't show up. Some that ordered a side of asparagus didn't get it. and then I end up with it inside my pasta dish? Sounds like the kitchen was running out of food and couldn't keep up with the large crowd.

On to my dessert, the Flowerless Chocolate Torte. Well, when I got it, my ice cream was completely melted and in a pool on the plate. The torte was okay, nothing to rave about. I wish the ice cream could have actually been cold and in the form it should be in because I'm sure that the combination of the warm torte with the cold ice cream would have been delicious.

All in all, I think if they are hosting an event with a large crowd, try and offer a limited menu, or work with the coordinator of the event to have the attendees select their dishes ahead of time so you're not trying to make do with what you have in the kitchen.

I think I will try this restaurant again just with my husband, but I will never come back for an event again. I just don't think they have the knowledge on how to execute a large dining event.

1  Thank Meliss1056