“Great little restaurant on Main Street Buford”
Review of Aqua Terra Bistro

Aqua Terra Bistro
Ranked #9 of 239 Restaurants in Buford
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We have been going to Aqua Terra since 2002. We have never been let down our had a bad experience. The place is busy on the weekends so plan accordingly. Love the food and chef is always willing to accommodate my wife who is vegetarian. It is a bit pricey but when you are taking your special person it is worth it! You have several choices on the menu to choose from and can pair that with several options from the wine menu. Not extensive but not bad either.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Went after the ice storm and everyone had cabin fever as all restaurants were booked, so tried this one since they don't take reservations, and we could wait for a table. This night was packed with a very energetic young crowd, the wait was over an hour so we figured it had to be good. After working our way to the bar we ordered wine and the tuna tar tar. Wine was nice, tuna was bland, chunks of tuna barely seasoned if at all, with canned oranges, served with a nice wonton chip( the best part) not impressed, we finally were seated downstairs which resembled a teenagers basement. Our server was very nice, and prompt, but the food that followed continued to disappoint. The mushroom soup had a strange consistency and left a taste of bacon grease. Scallops cooked medium are perfect, a few missed the heat entirely while the salmon was cooked to perfection, the sauce and risotto didn't do it justice. Had heard great things about this place but don't understand the hype.

1  Thank TheTravelBuoys
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I suppose I'm odd man out here - reading so man glowing reviews of the food. The food really is excellent, but excellent food in the Atlanta area is easy to find. My complaint is about the service. Theoretically, the restaurant is open until 9:00pm on Mondays. I have a long history of working in and around restaurants - if the closing time is 9:00pm, that should mean that someone arriving at 8:59pm would be graciously accommodated. If employees are given the expectation that they'll leave around 9:00pm, then closing time should be earlier.

My date and I arrived at slightly before 8:45pm. My first red flag was that the hostess informed me they close at 9:00 (yes, and so I was 15 minutes ahead of closing) and, more tellingly, that she needed to leave at 9:30. Ok, the hostess wasn't a part of the team I would need after we were seated, so I let that pass. Our waitress brought us menus, told us what the specials were, asked about beverages, etc. We ordered drinks, then entrees. As we ate we talked. My date was feeling self conscious about the time, but I assured her that, in an upscale restaurant, (which this purports to be), the expectation isn't that patrons eat and run.

Besides us, there was a table of several men still doing whatever they were doing. Slightly before 9:45pm, a male employee, I assume a kitchen employee, informed both parties it was time to leave. Call me picky (I am when I'm spending for an upscale meal), but pushing us out the door 45 minutes after a new diner should have been able to be seated struck me as the mark of absent management.

Good food, yes. I can find that in abundance and won't be back.

3  Thank Thomas W
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Our server, Jenny, was knowledgeable and accommodating. The food was excellent if a bit pricy. I had surf and turf (seared scallops and beef tenderloin over mashed potatoes with a mushroom ragout) which was excellent although the mushrooms were cut smaller than the onions in the ragout and hard to find. Salads were good. Others in our party had wild Scottish salmon over risotto which was also excellent. The wine list is not extensive and a bit pricy also.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Well the scallops were just wonderful and paired with some cheese filled pasta and other yummy flavors but I knew it would be as I tasted my Mom's the last time we ate there. In reality, every meal we've had there has been fabulous.

Great waitress and bar keeper. It was wet and cold, but the great service, fantastic food, and very tasty Cosmopolitan made it a great evening.