“Best BBQ in GA.....period”

Praise the Lard BBQ
Ranked #6 of 234 Restaurants in Buford
Cuisines: American
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best BBQ in GA.....period”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Praise the Lard made the jump from being a great events caterer to opening their own restaurant. They do so many things well. First, I love their Brunswick stew and have claimed it my absolute favorite of all time. My wife and father in law love their fall off the bone ribs. If you like Rendezvous in Memphis you will love these. I am just happy with a simple pork plate along with some awesome sides ( mac n cheese is awesome too). Ted mixes up a bunch of different sauces so if your BBQ religion is vinegar or mustard based he has your sauce. Just great food served up by some really nice folks.

• Visited March 2013

Sugar Hill, Georgia
“Not what you would expect...it's even better!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My family passed by this hidden gem for several weeks before we tried it one Sunday morning after chuch. Boy..am I glad we did!! This place was awesome. We all tried something different -- and everything was great. Brunswick stew might be a little thin, but the flavor makes up for it. The ribs were so tender they FELL OFF the bone when you picked them up, and the meat melted in your mouth. The pulled pork sandwich was great, and the variety of sauces enhance rather than cover up the flavors. We were there for the first day of the turkey platter, and the turkey was probably the best we ever had. All the sides were wonderful (dressing was really dry, but it is a work in progress, we were told). The desserts were great -- and kids eat free with an adult purchase on Sunday! It doesn't get much better, and we will definitely be back.

• Visited February 2013
“Great BBQ and sides!!!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Praise the Lard is a must if you like great BBQ! I had a combination platter of pork, chicken, brisket and ribs. They were all excellent! If you're a sauce person this place is for you. Everything from sweet to spicy to extra hot to a tangy mustard. They had the traditional sides, stew, beans but also had some very different ones also. I was hesitant of the carrot soufflé but after being offered a sample I will have it again next time. If your in the area on a weekend(they are closed during the week) its a must try!