“Great Local BBQ”
Review of Bastie Boys BBQ - CLOSED

Bastie Boys BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Takeout
Description: WHERE THE ELITE MEET FOR MEAT! A Culinary Collaboration taking you from Texas to the Carolinas, with pit stops in Kansas, Memphis and the Deep South. An eclectic variety of flavors, textures, & traditions from all things BBQ. Featuring your favorites from Texas Brisket,Memphis Ribs, and Carolina Pulled Pork, as well as Bastie Boys originals like Voodoo Dip, Moonshine Chicken, B'Mac Burger, and the Bastie BLFGT!If you can't decide try " The Kitchen Sink" platter. We are a full service, fun, family dining experience with a down home touch of Americana and humor. We have corn hole for the kids and Plenty of screens to catch the game.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Local BBQ”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place has been a couple things and when Bastie Boys came in we figured it would be the same way. Definitely not the case. The food is incredible and the staff is great on suggesting things to try. The decor is great and fits the theme.

• Visited March 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Go for the Fried Pickles then leave to find some real BBQ.”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

After two visits this is my opinion, their “BBQ” has no smoke flavor and taste like it was cooked in a crockpot, a very poor example of Southern BBQ. Rated “Poor” because unfortunately, I have had worse.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Mark E
Flowery Branch, Georgia
“absolutely wonderful”
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

I promise you will not go away hungry or dissapointed. meat was succulant and tasty. kind of a fusion of barbeque, Cajun with little Tex Mex thrown in. Set in a strip mall. loved it will go back.

1 Thank chezchea
Dacula
“No more chain BBQ for me!!”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My husband and I visited Bastie Boys BBQ for the first time last week and won't be going to any of those chain places anymore. We also won't be ordering ribs anywhere but Bastie Boys. We both decided to share the rack of ribs and oh my!!! Fall off the bone tender, great tasting rub and light amount of sauce. They were delicious. We chose fries and even they have their own special twist - extra crunchy on the outside but plenty of potato inside. We also couldn't resist the Fried Green Tomatoes and they were tasty too. LIghtly battered so they stayed crunchy and nice thick green tomato slice and served with great sauce. Great brunswick stew too.

So... we'll be heading back over to Bastie Boys often because there are tons of other menu items that we have to try - pulled pork, brisket, fried pickles, even burgers.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank brenda k
Georgia
“Great BBQ, great atmosphere, "out of this world" Elvis frozen pie!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This restaurant is in a shopping strip, but don't let that detour you. It's a great spot for great bbq. The sweet tea is just as a Southerner expects it (and believe me, I AM a connoisseur! lol.) The brunswick stew is good, a little meatier for my tastes, but you may like it. The jalapeno chips (sorry, I forgot the "name") were great, as spicy and yummy as hoped! My husband and son split the Triple Threat (chicken/pork/brisket) sandwich, fries. I got the Sliced Brisket sandwich with BBQ baked beans. All of it was great...their sandwich was thick with meat, all three kinds! Mine was almost as thick, and the brisket was lean, not real fatty like some places. The 3 bbq sauces on the table are all great: hot, sweet and original (they've got names, but I don't remember); they also have a "Carolina Mustard," but I'm not big on mustard. My husband put it on his sandwich; he said it was good. The fries were great, too. The bbq beans are not just your normal baked beans, they have pinto and some other kind, really good taste; although, I'm not real big on assorted beans myself (it's a texture thing). THEN, we ordered dessert....OH MY WORD! We ordered the Elvis frozen pie for our son; waitress said it was her favorite. She wasn't kidding! It's a pb, chocolate, banana pie. We were hesitant because of the banana, but it's not a real strong banana taste; I think that's more for texture. It was INCREDIBLE!! We also ordered the apple cinnamon crisp a'la mode for us. It taste was really great, just wish the topping had been a little more crisp :) The atmosphere of the restaurant is really great, and the staff were very conscience. We definitely will be back!

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank mgriz
Russ W, Owner at Bastie Boys BBQ, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
It was our pleasure to serve you!
Come back soon!