“Great surprise in vacation area”
Review of Coastal Breeze

Coastal Breeze
Ranked #19 of 236 Restaurants in Buford
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I never have high expectations in a vacation area, and when I saw the generic drink menu (from the frozen drink machine company), I was dreading dinner, but this was a great meal. The service was top notch, and the food was good. We started with the seafood dip which was yummy. The baguette was a little thick sliced, I would have liked more thin slices with a good toast on them. I ordered the flounder, grilled and it was terrific with a house made mango salsa. The sweet potato fries were sprinkled with sugar, so thumbs down there, but the hush puppies appeared to be hand made and were tasty. One guest had the house special pasta with lots of seafood in it. It was a generous dish, and another had fish tacos which were loaded with fish. Dessert was creme brulee which was creme and sugar on top. They didn't get the brulee part down, but the creme was delicious and creamy.

There are newer reviews for Coastal Breeze

Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

The food was excellent and so was the service!!! The fish tacos are a must and the fries are amazing coming back for sure!!

1  Thank Jacobhouston99
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Perfectly cooked scallops and vegetables. Loved the key lime pie! Kids' portions huge; let them share? Fast, friendly service. Reasonable prices.

1  Thank Gera263
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We stopped here after going to Lake Lanier. It was a Sunday night so they were pretty slow. My wife had a burger since she does not care for seafood. I had the Crab Cake sandwich. Our food was good and pretty quick. We enjoyed the atmosphere on the patio. The reason our review did not get an excellent was because of the service. We received our food without any silverware. My wife asked for sweet tea, she received water. She said she did not want tomato on her burger, it came anyway. The waitresses reply was, "I told them no tomato". We will come back when in the area.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Had a nice dinner last night at Coastal Breeze. It was a bit on the late side when arriving so we did not have to wait very long. There were 2 of us. The waiter was pleasant and our food came in a timely manner. The only thing negative thing I will say about our server is that he was not very prompt in checking back with us after we has received our food. Something else I noticed was that the other servers, youngish girls all seemed to have long hair and only 1 had her hair pulled back, the rest of the girls has their hair loose , hanging over their shoulders. That makes me wonder how many times their hair was found in the food they were serving. It creeped me out. I am really surprised that management doesn't make them do something with their long hair. Other than that I would visit again and hope that we have a server that doesn't have long hair!!!