“My great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Buford
New York City, New York
“My great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I came to the hotel having bad recommendations. I've heard terrible things but I want people to see this Hotel in a different way. When I got to the hotel I was greeted warmly by a receptionist. So warmly I remember her name, it was Blanca. She offered me water or cookies which I gladly accepted. Check in was basically flawless. It was easy to find my room. Everything with the hygiene aspect of the room was great. I really could not find any problems with my night. Breakfast was exceptional. I would really recommend this hotel to everyone

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Hiexpbuford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Buford, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
We really appreciate you staying with our Holiday Inn Express Hotel Mall of
Ga. We believe in offering top notch from our limited service Hotel.Thanks for your
positive feedback of our hotel.Hope to see you again soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Lethbridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

stayed at this property for over a week and loved every minute of it. The staff was very helpfull and even pulled up some pizza menus the first night we arrived. They found us an establishment that was open and made some recomendations. Room was excellent and the housekeeping staff did a great job. Breakfast was always full and on time and never had any issues getting a seat. Location was the best part, close to everything and had a 24hr gas station accross the street. Outside of the heatwave everything was great.

Will stay there again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Hiexpbuford, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Buford, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you very much for positive feedback about your recent stay with the
Holiday Inn Express Mall of Ga. We are glad to hear that you liked our rooms,
professional friendly staff and Cleanliness of our rooms maintained by our
Houskeeping department.Most of our guest do like our location close to the interstate,
Mall of Ga and fine dining options just a few minutes from our hotel. Thanks again
for staying with us .
Winter Haven, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

If you are planning to stay in the area of Bufford/Gainsville, Ga area, this should be you choice of location. It is located away from the traffic and snuggled in the trees..SO QUIET.
Everything is clean, and when you check in, WOW! they are SOOO friendly and courteous.
And wait till you see the rooms..Oh, my..As a Priority Club member, I stay at many Holiday Inns, Express etc. but this one is tops in my book.
Our stay was Sunday October 19th 2013

Room Tip: Everything you need is close, like restaurants etc. And only about 2 miles to a very large mall..
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
We Thank you so much for staying at our Holiday inn Express Hotel-Mall of Ga
and being a Loyal IHG Rewards Member. WEeappreciate your feed back as being one
of the Top Holiday Inn Express Hotels that you have experienced . Being close to the mall and
over 20 major restaurants to choose from makes our hotel the ideal hotel choose from when
in the Buford area. Thanks again for appreciating our first class service and Hotel amenities.
We look forward to have you stay with us again soon. Thanks Again for staying with us.
Newborn, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

This was a one night stay with the kids. VERY convient location to Mall of Georgia and the surrounding attractions-----right off of I-985 and I-85 connector.

The hotel looks new, but has a stair case (or elevator) that you can take to the 2nd floor-----I don't see that much in newer construction.
You can also tell that real estate is at a premium on this side of Atlanta because parking is tight. If you drive around the hotel to the end of the parking lot (horseshoe) you will have to back your way back to the front just to be able to turn around if you can't find a spot. Fun Fun Fun.
The ceilings on the 2nd floor are low (which you don't ever see in new construction). I'd say the ceilings are in the 7 foot range (whereas 8 feet would be a minimum in my book).
The rooms are appropriately appointed with marble bathroom sinks and little fridges/wet bar areas in the room which was convient.
Breakfast is standard: Hard boiled eggs, biscuits, sausage, pastries, bagles/muffins, juices and coffee. They also have one of those vile automated pancake makers. If you've never had the joy of experiencing this novelty, then just hit the button, and after placing your plate at one end 45 seconds later a "fresh" pancake pops out of the end of the convayor. These pancakes aren't worth eating in my opinion. Don't bother.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

This is on of the nicest and most friendly Holiday Inns that I have stayed at this year. All my needs were met and the staff was wonderfull. I was working a back shift and the hotel was also very quiet during the entire day, which allowed me to get a good days sleep.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

This is not the average HIE hotel which if nothing else smells fresh. This one says it has been newly renovated, but my room smelled like the carpet needed cleaning. I was afraid to walk barefoot on the carpet or bath. I did not enjoy my stay. It looked clean, but the smell was just not fresh at all. I would not stay here again. It is near the Mall of GA, but not as close as it advertises. It is at least 3-5 miles away from the Mall, but down the highway so I guess it is technically "Mall of GA". It is closer to the town of Buford. I just don't recommend it.

Room Tip: bring febreeze or Oust
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Hiexpbuford, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Buford, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
We thank you for your feedback with your recent stay with us.We are sorry that did not have
a good stay with us. Our Front Desk staff are trained to assist our guest in having a wonderful
stay. We have a great location about 1.5 miles from the Mall of Ga and many restaurant chains for
fine dining needs. Thanks for staying with us.
columbia sc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

A little farther from I-85 than expected but that's my fault for reading the map a little better. Typical HI-EXPRESS.. clean, quiet and friendly staff. Breakfast was on time and the usual choices. Good place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buford
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buford at Mall of Georgia
Hampton Inn Atlanta-Mall of Georgia
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Courtyard Atlanta Buford Mall of Georgia
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buford/Mall of Georgia
SpringHill Suites Atlanta Buford/Mall of Georgia

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Buford? Share your experiences!