“Disappointed”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Buford
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Buford
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My family and I stayed here for Labor Day weekend and we started out with a bad taste.

I arrived Friday afternoon. I booked 3 rooms. All three rooms were on different floors. I was traveling with my children so this was not ideal. There were only 4 cars in the parking lot but they could not make this request happen. Not even for their highest tier member.

The hotel discription was that it was located at the mall of GA. Yeah .. 3
miles down the road and make a left. I asked the young lady if this was the correct hotel she told that it was just the Holiday Inn so I thought I was at the wrong hotel. Then the second lady informed me that it was indeed the "Holiday Inn Express at GA Mall".

The room was clean. The staff wasn't friendly. My room was warm and stuffy.

I would not ever stay here again. Disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank MrsLawrence28
Hiexpbuford, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Buford, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thank you for staying with us on Labor day weekend. Our Hotel had a sellout
weekend and had many groups wanting to be close to each other also wanting
2 beds. It is hard for a hotel being very sold out to honor all special requests. Our
secoundary name is Holiday Inn Express -Mall of Ga to give guest an idea of
a general location where we are which is about 1.5 miles West from the Mall of Ga.
Air conditioning is contininously running in all our rooms. We are sorry we could not
have all your three rooms on the same floor,however we were able to get two rooms on the
same floor.Thanks again for choosing our Hotel to stay with.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel is a bit hard to find if you aren't from the area. Both my GPS unit and the maps on my smartphone were confused by its address. It's a great place to stay if you want to be close to the Mall of Georgia but don't want to stay directly across from it. The rooms are nice. The beds are a bit firm for my liking. The bathrooms are pretty big and nice. Most of the staff is very nice but beware, if you try to use the business center, they will charge you 10 cents per page to print anything. I thought for the price of the room per night they could afford to allow you to print things for free. Overall, it was a decent stay! There's a QT next door in case you want snacks and you're only about 5 minutes from plenty of places to eat and the mall.

Room Tip: If you're in the military or a vet, make sure to ask for the military rate.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Hiexpbuford, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Buford, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

We would like to Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Newly Renovated
Holiday inn Express Hotel. We are conveniently located right off I-985 exit 4
and From I-85 Exit 115 we are 2 miles west. We do offer Free Printing for Boarding passes.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We checked in and told the staff there were 4 people in the room. When we got to the room, there were only towels for 3 people. I went to the front desk to ask for another set of towels, and I was surpriised that I had to tell them why I needed them, what exactly I needed, and how many guests were in the room. While I realize that some people still steal hotel towels, I was surprised that it turned into a "thing" to get another set. The room was clean and in good condition. The breakfast was good (what one would expect).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LaurieTN

Thank you for staying with us at our lovely Renovated Holiday Inn Express Hotel.
We do our best to accommodate our guest with extra towels and amenities .

Reviewed July 15, 2012

I have stayed in quite a few Holiday Inn properties over the last year racking up platinum status and over 80,000 points. So I have a lot of other properties in the Intercontinental Hotel Group to compare this hotel to.

Staff nice and friendly, quick check in and access to the room.

Workout room available.

Clean room, with standard amenities.

Where this particular hotel falls extremely short was in its morning service.

No checkout statement under my door in the morning.

Thin watery coffee.

The breakfast service was abysmal, limited choices, no skim milk, tiny dirty breakfast area.

I know that may seem like picking a few nits but those short comings make this property an average Holiday Inn.

You need to step up your game every hotel in this price range is dying for business travelers and poor service in any area can cost you.

Not on my list to go back to.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank gpphelps
Hiexpbuford, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Buford, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

We would like to thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express
Hotel & Suites mall of Ga. We offer a Free full Hot breakfast in the morning including
Hot Cinnamon rolls,scrambled eggs and fresh pancakes.with seating up to 40 people.
we would of been glad to make you more coffee to suit your needs.
. Thanks again for staying at the Holiday inn Express Hotel & suites-Mall of Ga

Reviewed April 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on April 12. We were very happy with the room and our service. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Access to the elevator is a little tight, so if you have a large bag or many bags, try to get a room...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Hiexpbuford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Buford, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

We really appreciate your recent stay at our newly renovated Hotel. We hope
to see you again in the near future and we are happy to hear you had an
pleasant stay with us.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

The check in was very easy. They had our room ready when we got there. Check in only took a few minutes. We had the 1 King, Whirlpool Suite. It was VERY nice (see pictures). Everything was very clean and the suite was very spacious. The WiFi Internet was fast. Both TVs were very nice. The refrigerator was the normal small size, but it was big enough to hold what we needed it for. The whirlpool was a nice size. Our stay was great and we would not hesitate to stay at this Holiday Inn again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Hiexpbuford, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Buford, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2012

Thank you very much for choosing our Hotel to stay in Atlanta/Buford and
taking the time to do a Trip Advisor review. Its great to hear that you enjoyed our
2-room Whirlpool suite.We just recently completed an extensive renovation of
our hotel and its a pleasure to hear positive feed back back about our Modern updated Hotel
Again Thank you for staying with The Holiday Inn Express Hotel Buford-Mall of Ga
and we look forward to see you again in the future.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

Found feces in my toilet absoulutely gross. Why would they not check this before a guest is checking in. On top of that nobody really tried to help. Nice hotel but come on the last thing I want to see is someone elses crap in a toilet im going to be using.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Jyoung61

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to give a review of our Hotel.
After your complaint about the toilet you were immediately asked you and relocated to
another room with a discount at checkout. Our Hotel has a successful track record
of having the highest cleanliness scores for our Brand and we strive to always
be the best,we are sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay at this time. With our new
renovations of our hotel and excellent service we are committed to excellence and would
like to see you stay with again in the future.