“Good Shopping & Restaurants”

SpringHill Suites Atlanta Buford/Mall of Georgia
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Buford
Helen, Georgia
“Good Shopping & Restaurants”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The location is good for shopping, restaurants and business people who seem to be the majority of the clientel. Breakfast is above average with lots of variety but can get crowded. Room was only average and we felt over priced. Kitchen is useless with no dishes/silverware. Beds are comfortable and staff put us in a quiet area as asked.

I booked earlier in the week and when we arrived I offered my credit card and AAA card. The front desk did not ask me to sign anything or initial the cost of the room. The next morning I found out they had not honored my AAA discount. I should have been told that up front. They said they were booked solid and would not honor the card. I have never had that happen before and this will influence my decision to stay at this chain again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
SHSGM_3250, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Atlanta Buford/Mall of Georgia, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the SpringHill Suites Atlanta Buford/Mall of Georgia.

You indicated in your response that your discount card was not accepted due to the occupancy of the hotel that night. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Mascoutah, Illinois
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Very nice hotel for a business stay in the Lawrenceville area. Service was great ensuring the room was very clean. Also, the breakfast was top notch. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. Anything you could want is within minutes of the hotel. I will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed here during Thanksgiving week and left exhausted. The beds are terribly hard and the pillows are paper-thin. The property itself is beginning to look rundown. It was a bit off-putting to walk into the lobby at night and be greeted by 20-somethings hanging out with their beer six-packs in the lobby.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

My family and I came to Georgia for the holidays and we were recommended this hotel. Not only is this hotel in a fantastic location but it's very affordable. They provide delicious breakfast and have a little market for guests. The hotel is very spacious and clean.we were traveling as a family of 5 with a toddler and the room was spacious enough for her to run around. The bed sheets were really clean and I am very pick with cleanliness. On the last two nights we were having trouble with our AC staying cold and the hotel was very gracious to temporarily fix the issue and refund us the night. We can't wait to come back to Georgia and when we do we will stay in this hotel again. Thank you Springhill

Stayed December 2013
Chapel Hill, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed November 22, 2013

This was my first time staying at this hotel. I stay in a lot of Springhill Suites. The location is maybe a half mile off I-85 and is right across the street from a the huge Mall of GA. There is every major chain restaurant within easy walking or driving distance. This would be a great place to stay for Christmas shopping. I was here for one night on business. I was meeting someone to work on a project and were going to meet in the lobby but I was very surprised my room had a conference table in it that was perfect. It had four chairs and was separate from the bedroom area. This really helped complete our project. The hotel is very similar to other Springhill Suites but is a little dated with double beds instead of queens. But that really did not matter since it was just me. I would stay here again when in Buford.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed here on the night of 4 Nov, had been driving all day and most of the night. Selected this hotel because of the closeness to I85. Since it was about 1am all I was really looking for was a decent place to get a few hours of sleep. It was a pleasant surprise to discover such a nice hotel. It is located close to shopping and restaurants.

My suite was large with high ceilings, a large sofa, mini-fridge, microwave, coffee-maker and large flat screen television. The room was very clean and comfortable. Since I was on a road-trip did not have a chance to check out what it really has to offer but based on the location and on the spot deals I would recommend it to others.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
south carolina
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I was in town for a wedding and this is the hotel that was indicated for wedding guests. The room was comfortable with king bed, big screen tv with high def., refrigerator, and sitting room, desk and chair. It had everything one would need. The breakfast bar had a good selection of food and drink and was included in the price. I like to stay at hotels that have a bar, and this one did not.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends