“Super location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Buford
Los Angeles, California
“Super location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I booked this on the recommendation of our Brevard video crew and what's been written here. We were working with a very tight budget that demanded an acceptable hotel centrally located to both our client and shooting location. Springhill more than fit the bill. Nice rooms, safe area, and in the right location. It's within walking distance of many restaurants. Traffic can be a total nightmare getting to and from the hotel and walking to get something to eat was sometimes faster. Despite the noise from the traffic, our room was quiet.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Graham, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Very convenient location right across from the Mall of Georgia. I found the staff to be pleasant and helpful. There was one employee who was the hardest working person I have ever seen. She kept the breakfast food containers full which meant she was running constantly, and then I saw her later in the day taking care of other parts of the hotel. The breakfast was actually fresh hot food, (bacon, eggs, waffles, cereal. toast, etc.)not just continental bagged pastries.The room was large and clean, and the bed was very comfortable. The small kitchen was useful. I enjoyed the pool, except for the 3rd morning. There was a group of teenagers staying and they used the pool the night before. When I went out early the next day, there were used towels all over the pool area and no dry towels were available. It was before the 6:00 a.m. opening time, so I went in and used the 24 hour exercise room, hoping that the pool would be usable by 6:00 or a few minutes after, but it didn't happen. That was the only negative for me. I would go back again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 4 days at this hotel and it was a great experience! The room was clean and bed was very comfortable. We had a larger suite and it was roomy and designed well. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was really good, best "free" breakfast we have ever had at a hotel. We were very happy to find that Spring Hill does NOT spray strong air freshners in their rooms like Hampton Inn has started doing. If the rooms are cleaned properly, there is no reason to need air freshners. So, thank you Spring Hill for a great stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband and I planned an overnight trip to Lake Lanier resort for dinner and decided to stay near the Mall of Georgia for the night since I had not been to this mall (I am fairly new to Georgia). We thought this hotel would be great because I could go to the mall first thing in the morning and he could hang out at the hotel while I shopped. By the way, there was a Hampton Suites right next door and it was very tempting to check out and check in there for the night! I am trying to acquire a liking for Marriott, but this hotel is a BAD representation.

Check-in: Checking in was extremely slow. There was one person at the front desk on the phone, with one person standing in front of him waiting for service. It looked like there was someone sitting at a desk in the backroom, but no one came out to assist.....even after a line formed with myself and a couple of others behind me.

Room: The first room we were given was on the 5th floor. When we open the door to the room, we were immediately greeted by this musty smell. We stood there fore a moment, bringing the bags in and decided, the smell was too much for us. I called the front desk and the clerk said he would try to find another room and would call me back. The second room we received was also on the 5th floor. It smelled cleaner, but also was in need of some TLC. But at this point, I said forget it, they aren't looking to do any better. Not to mention the fact that I am a Gold Elite member and should have received an upgrade if available. The sofa and floor had big stains in them (see attached pics). The bed was okay, but a bit on the soft side.

Décor: Interesting. I didn't find that it was inviting, but found it to be quite dull and kind of depressing.

Breakfast: Usual low budget items. I had yogurt and bacon. Nothing else looked appetizing. The bacon was horrible. The breakfast staff could not keep up with the flow of people. The coffee bar was a mess and out of cups when I went to get a cup of coffee at around 8:15 am.

The only good thing about this hotel was the location. You can walk right across the street to the mall and there are plenty of restaurants within walking or short driving distance.

Will I stay here again? Definitely not. And based on what I saw from the décor of this hotel, I will probably avoid Springhill Suites all together.

If you stay, I home you have better luck!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

if you don't mind the front desk entering your room at 7a - no knock or anything - then this is the hotel for you. I've never witnessed anything like this - thoughts of robbery or violence enter your mind.

The shower had bluck stuff on it - sort of moldy - in the grout. Otherwise, it's fine.

It's well located - and overall a good place - other than the issue we had - which hopefully won't happen to anyone else.

The breakfast was lacking vs. other Springhill - none of the fruit cups, HB eggs, and some other things.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank TravelManSouth
Hayward, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We were in town for a wedding along with several other guests. The hotel staff went out of their way to accommodate all of us even letting the groomsmen use the meeting room to visit late at night and swim after hours.
Rooms were very comfortable and clean and breakfast was good. And of course there was the proximity to the Mall!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I had travelled buford for business trip and had springhill for 6 nights and it was nice experience
In that area its best hotel i think.
Mickey Russell, in particular, has gone above and beyond my expectations on my first visit.
the area is good and you can go any of restaurants by walk.you can get surprising complementary drink also. the cleanliness was very good and the rooms are spacious enough.
Service is outstanding.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buford
Hampton Inn Atlanta-Mall of Georgia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buford at Mall of Georgia
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buford/Mall of Georgia
Courtyard Atlanta Buford Mall of Georgia
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Buford
Holiday Inn Express & Suites

Been to SpringHill Suites Atlanta Buford/Mall of Georgia? Share your experiences!