“Nice location”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Buford
Hayward, California
“Nice location”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We were in town for a wedding along with several other guests. The hotel staff went out of their way to accommodate all of us even letting the groomsmen use the meeting room to visit late at night and swim after hours.
Rooms were very comfortable and clean and breakfast was good. And of course there was the proximity to the Mall!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I had travelled buford for business trip and had springhill for 6 nights and it was nice experience
In that area its best hotel i think.
Mickey Russell, in particular, has gone above and beyond my expectations on my first visit.
the area is good and you can go any of restaurants by walk.you can get surprising complementary drink also. the cleanliness was very good and the rooms are spacious enough.
Service is outstanding.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Stopped over for a night while traveling. We love Marriott group hotels and this one was definitely not lacking. Very clean and looked newly remodeled. Nice rooms with a huge TV. Common areas were well decorated. The staff was very friendly and professional. The morning breakfast was very satisfying. It is centrally located to food and shopping galore. The parking spaces were wide and the area felt very safe and was well lit. My only complaint would be that the air conditioning in room 203 seemed to let the room get a little warm before coming on and cooling the room nicely again. Overall, our experience was one of what all hotels in this category should be like.

• Stayed May 2013
atlanta
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I am such a fan of the Springhill Suites on Buford Drive. I have booked over 300 nights there for my company in the last year and have never been disappointed. Mickey Russell, in particular, has gone above and beyond my expectations from the very first visit. I have seen Mickey in action several times as I also host meetings at the property and can confirm that Mickey welcomes all of her guests with the same kindness and courtesy she has shown my team.
The hotel is clean and comfortable, the location is good, but the team there really makes it a place you want to book again and again.
Great job!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Because of my stay here, we will always look for a Springhill Suites first choice. The hotel has an excellent location, walking distance to the mall. For late night eaters, the Waffle House and a hometown ice cream shop are next door. Justine was absolutely amazing with the kids, I sent them down to get blankets, they came back with a treat of popcorn. She has set the bar for any future stay. We had a king suite extended, it was very clean, comfortable, and more than enough room for a family of 4. The sectional came with two desks/ tables which meant there was no fighting. Best breakfast I EVER HAD, we refilled on the water sweetened with fruit several times. I actually left my glasses, no biggie, they are shipping them to me. Try to book online directly if you have rewards for special deals.

• Stayed April 2013
Fayetteville, Georgia
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Seems to be a new property or had major updates recently. Typical Marriott with very well done interior lobby, well thought out, well decorated rooms. Very large flat screen TV that can be seen from the LR or BR. Large 4 cushion sofa, nice work area and small kitchen with frig, microwave and small sink. No cups or dishes but higher quality paper plates and disposable knives and forks furnished daily. Restaurant's of almost any brand within walking distance as is the Mall of Georgia across the street. Breakfast included eggs, bacon and sausage along with waffles, all kinds of breads. Nothing was really missing. Great staff. Very friendly for both days I was there.

Room Tip: I don't see any advantage to have a room one place rather than another in the building. I was on...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Charlotte
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Pros: relatively newer property in a very good location across from Buford mall and right off the main highway. It has/offers what you can expect from a value tier Marriott property and for the price.

Cons: my room was small. Bathroom/room cleanliness was just OK. (I expect very good/great). The A/C unit was noisy and annoying. Oh, and there are ROOSTERS (I cannot make this up), yes, roosters outside/ around the hotel which woke me up at 3:30am, 4am, 5:30am and I could hear them on/off until check out. Kind of funny, but believe me they wake u up. Apparently they are around hotel property roaming around. Not sure what can hotel can do about it since they are outside their property but when it's an annoyance nonetheless.

At any rate, not much to write home about-except the roosters, of course -:) so I'll most probably be booking somewhere else next time I have to be in this area. (I'm a frequent business traveler).

• Stayed March 2013