“Great place to stay. Clean, newly renovated. Rooms a little small. Good value.”

SpringHill Suites Atlanta Buford/Mall of Georgia
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Buford
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Newly renovated and clean. Safe location and well lighted parking lot. Mall across the street. Tons of RESTAURANTs close by too. Rooms a little small but clean. Request extra towels ! Not enough for even 4 people to shower. Staff very nice.

• Stayed November 2012
SHSGM_3250, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Atlanta Buford/Mall of Georgia, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such great feedback about your stay at the Springhill Suites Mall of Georgia! The whole staff greatly appreciates it and they continue to work hard on keeping our guests coming back. We absolutely have enough shopping and restaurant choices in walking distance to appeal to any of our guest's desires. We do have a standard that we use for each rooms towel placement and are happy to accommodate a room with more upon request.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Meridian, Mississippi
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The trash in the room had not been emptied. There was a used wash cloth on the bed. Candy wrappers were left on the floor. The glasses for the bathroom had not been replaced. The coffee supplies had not been replenished. This was when we checked in. The a/c unit wakes you up in the night and blows for several minutes and then cuts off.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at the Springhill Suites in Buford, I appreciate your feedback and apologize for such an unsatisfactory stay. Unfortunately, it does seem as if the room you were checked in to was put in the system as Vacant Ready, and that was not the case, and you should have been moved to another room that was to satisfaction. You should have been checked in to a room that was perfectly clean and ready as is what every room is expected to be. So even though this is not a positive review, it is a training piece that we will be practicing more on, and I can assure you and other guests that the rooms here are very clean and that this was just simply a random error.
Warner Robins, Georgia
Reviewed August 24, 2012

When I travel I always try to find hotels that are in a runner friendly area. Sometimes it is hard to do, because the streets are too busy or the area is too built up. But this hotel was an easy .5 mile run (on sidewalks) to a rail trail that wound through hilly forests. It included some singletrack too, if you want to hit the dirt trails. It's a very nice greenway and conservation area that is owned by Gwinnett County. I saw other runners and hikers, and the area looks very safe.

As far as the hotel goes, you know what you get with any Marriott property. They are pretty consistent, but if you ever find variances it usually has to do with the thoroughness of the housekeeping staff, or the managers assigned to oversee them. This property was very clean. The room was spacious with a separate kitchenette area and sitting area. The bathroom was also very clean.

I did not use any other amenities, such as the fitness room nor did I go into the lobby area where they serve breakfast (if they even do), so I cannot comment on that. My room was on the first floor and the pool area was feet from my window. There were not any swimmers that evening, but I could see this as a noise issue if it were ever crowded out there.

The front desk staff was efficient. The General Manager was on duty and working the front desk, too. Usually don't see this when checking-in in the evening.

If you do not run or care about the rail trail, the hotel is right next to the Mall of Georgia. Lots of shopping if that's your thing. Lots of the chain restaurants very close by, too. If you do not want the hotel coffee, there is a Starbucks 100 yards away.

If you have business in Buford, or need a location that is central to places like Gainesville, Commerce, or Winder, then this is a good hotel for you.

Room Tip: Some first floor rooms are very close to the pool area. Literally right outside the window.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Steverunner
SHSGM_3250, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Atlanta Buford/Mall of Georgia, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such great feedback about your stay at the Springhill Suites Mall of Georgia! The whole staff greatly appreciates it and they continue to work hard on keeping our guests coming back. I enjoy getting to see guests as they arrive in the evening, it gives me a better chance to get to introduce myself to them as well as let the guest know we appreciate their business. I want to make sure each guest enjoys their stay and to make them feel comfortable upon arrival. Exercise is important, and this area does absolutely give runners a lot of space to work with and the trails through the back woods are the best hidden secret of it all!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Let's see where do I begin....

Customer Service - As soon as we walked in the door we were greeted by two customer service representative. The Clerk at the counter was very nice and polite, which made our check in smooth.

Rooms - We stayed in the King Deluxe. The room was spacious for the hubby and I. As soon as we walked in the door, there was a mini sinc, refrigerator, microwave and coffee for your stay. There was a sitting area that had a huge couch, coffee table and a flat screen tv. The bed slept comfortable, but I must say I didn't like the pillows. They were too soft and it was like laying your head on the bed. The room was very clean.

Breafast Bar - Personally, could have been a little better with more of a variety. There was the usual muffins, bagels, waffle maker, eggs, bacon and sausage. For the pork lovers I guess it's okay, but for me and the hubby we're not pork eaters so we had to venture out! The great thing about this location is there was a Starbucks in walking distance! :-) That made our souls happy!

Pool - We didn't get a chance to really indulge in the pool until Sunday before check out. It was very clean, but it was salty. It didn't smell like chlorine. I'm not sure what that was all about. However, the Jacuzzi was the bomb.com!

Overall stay at this particular location - Was very good! I have no complaints whatsoever! I would recommend it if you're in the area and I'd definitly stay here again.

Oh, I forgot to tell you. The location is in a great spot! Across the street from the mall and cinema. Lots of restaurants along the strip of the hotel. In walking distance too.

Room Tip: In looking at my families rooms they all seem to be very spacious!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
SHSGM_3250, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Atlanta Buford/Mall of Georgia, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for choosing our SpringHill Suites hotel for your recent trip to Buford, GA; we know there are many hotels to choose from and we are delighted you chose ours. We were very happy to read how you enjoyed our hotel, services and the Buford area in general, thank you for sharing your review.

We look forward to your return should your travels bring you back to Atlanta/Buford.
The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed June 24, 2012

For the low price we paid the hotel was more then average. The front desk staff was cheery, helpful and always greeted me as I passed through the lobby. The location being across from the mall and close to 85 was great. The room was not a true suite but one large room with half of the space used for fold out couch, desk and a small kit counter. Not the best floor plan for a family of 4, but hey, the price and location was great.

Breakfast was plentyful, they served waffles, oatmeal, name brand cold cereals, instant grits along with below average scrambled eggs and bacon . Milk, juice,coffee,tea and yogurt was also available. And all day there were bananas or apples in thte lobby.

The pool, spa and work out areas were always clean. However our couch had dirty pillows and bathroom was not very clean The cleaners came in 2 x before it was properly cleaned.

For what we paid I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Meriden, Connecticut
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stayed from Thursday through Monday, over the Memorial Day weekend and were in town visiting family. Once we arrived, check-in was quick & easy, with afternoon cookies and beverages being served in the lobby. We had a package shipped to the hotel (which I had completely forgotten about), but was quickly reminded by the front desk clerk once we had checked in. Our room was on the second floor and were pleasantly surprised with the size of the suite. It had a kitchenette with a refrigerator & microwave, desk, chair, full-size couch/sofabed, large flat screen TV which swiveled for viewing in either the living area or from the bed, king sized bed with 2 end tables, closet with ironing board & iron, tub/shower/toilet and a separate bathroom sink/vanity. Everything was also VERY clean! The hotel was located near one of the largest shopping areas that I have ever seen, being located directly across the street from the Mall of Georgia. It was also conveniently located within a short driving distance to a number of other shopping plazas. Each morning, a generous continental breakfast was served, with fresh fruit, hot cereal, a selection of cold cereals, pastries, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, make your own waffles, yogurt, juices and coffee. Afternoons offered cookies and beverages, including a deliciously refreshing limeade beverage. Although we never used it, there was an exercise room with a few different pieces of equipment as well as a business computer area. There was a market where snacks, beverages and other items were available for purchase. The pool/spa area was nice with a tables & chairs along with lounge chairs and towels were available by the door. Only issue was that the spa could have used a cleaning (there seemed to be some sand at the bottom of the spa that was there our entire stay). Very pleasant stay, will definitely stay during our next visit and would absolutely recommend to someone looking to stay in the Buford, GA area! Thank you to the staff at SpringHill Suites!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
las vegas
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I was there on a business trip and Justine checked me in. When I arrived in my room the toilet was not working so I called down and Justine took care of me by moving me to another room. Later that night I heard some bad news from home and went down stairs and Kara made me feel much better! She sat there and listened to me and made me laugh to were my night was 100 times better !!!! they deserve to be management!!!!! The next day the manager joe wasnt to be bothered with what i had to say ... he made me feel very uncomfortable and like i wasnt worth anything

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business