“Best Mojitos this side the the Colombia inYbor City”

Havana South Cuban Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #28 of 240 Restaurants in Buford
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Bienvenidos! Welcome to Havana South. We are perfectly situated to the traveler or the local lover of Cuban food. We are just off of I-985 and Buford Drive (I-20) at the corner of Satellite Blvd within walking distance of a Holiday Inn Express and within a couple of miles from other great hotels. We offer Authentic Cuban food that you can not find anywhere else in Georgia. Our chef, Juan is from Matanzas, Cuba and fires up some delicious dishes. If your nice he will make you something really special from the old country. Our staff is friendly and highly trained and ready to talk if you are. If your only in the mood to drink and hang out with some nice people look no further. We offer a full bar and our handmade mojitos are award winning. (NO MIXES HERE!). Best thing, no DUI's. You can walk back to your hotel if you say at the Holiday Inn Express near us. Don't forget about the best Cafe Cubano around and all homemade desserts. We'll send you home with your whistle wet, bellies full and ready to come back tomorrow. See you then.
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Hadn't been here in a while, and now I wonder why we've stayed away so long.
The mojitos were minty, only mildly sweet, well supplied with rum, and altogether lovely.
You really can't beat the food. The pork was tender and flavorful. (I just finished off the leftover and let me tell you, it reheats well!) My friend's paella was full of good seafood, and she reports that she ate 3 meals from the leftovers. The churrasco was properly cooked and seasoned. Top it off with a café cubano and it's damn close to being in south Florida. I will say that the service wasn't quite up to what I had seen there before - it took a good while to get our food, and they tried to deliver a second set of appetizers to us. Don't know if the server was new or just having a bad night. But we did get a second round of drinks quickly, which kept us from getting too restless.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Havana South is one of our favorite places to eat. The food is consistently good and the wait staff always pleasant and helpful. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for good food at a good price.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I was in the area for a business trip (audit, uh!!!!) and stayed at the Holiday Inn behind a strip mall in Buford. I wanted to have a few drinks but did not want to drive. Noticed a restaurant at the corner and tried it out. I was amazed. As soon as I came thru the door, I experienced what everyone talks about as "southern hospitality but spanish". The staff was friendly and made me feel very welcome. I had a few mojitos (mango flavor and guava flavor which was unexpected to have a choice of a flavor) and decided that was enough. I had a delicious meal and when to my hotel room feeling full and happy to have went there. I will definately go back when I come back to Atlanta. Thanks to the staff and chef. You made it fun for me.

Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Short and sweet...this place is wonderful. Staff is always warm and professional, food is great (especially the Hemingway chicken and the papas fritas). Never a wait and the food comes out fresh! So glad there is some good cuban in the local area. We will keep coming back!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Wow! This was my first Cuban experience and I was really impressed. I had the Hemingway Chicken. It was so good I wanted to lick my plate! We are eating lunch tomorrow! So excited!

1  Thank catfoodlover