“Nice safe rest stop”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Buford
College Station, Texas
“Nice safe rest stop”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have no complaints with this hotel. The area seems safe and is convenient to Atlanta. The hotel and room were acceptable. The surrounding area provides a lot of good meal opportunities. This hotel is a good value.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jrambo316
Sal C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Buford Mall of Georgia, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

I wanted to thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your recent stay. It sounds like you enjoyed all of the dining options that the Mall of Georgia area has to offer. I am happy to hear that we provided you with such a great value and hope you come see us again soon.

Sal Capriola

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I had no intentions of staying at this hotel but as I started to get tired on my road trip, I saw a big sign that said 'Now Open'. Although the sign looked old the hotel still looked and smell brand new. It was after 11pm when I arrived yet the front desk personnel were alert, upbeat and very helpful. I asked if there were any rooms available and if they had a gov't or military discount. They checked, no discounts but a room was available, they asked if I was a rewards member and I gave them my card.

As I was going to my room, I met some other guests that told me it was a great hotel. I found the room to be very modern, it had a desk with a pull-out portable computer table and chair. There was also a sleeper sofa, mini-fridge, flat screen TV, coffee maker and all the standard features you expect to find at Marriott.

I had breakfast there before leaving, they had a nice selection with reasonable prices. Since I was only there for the night did not get a chance to really check out anything else. However, the hotel is in a great location (near a mall) with lots of shopping and restaurants.

If you are going to the area this is definitely a great hotel to consider.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Sal C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Buford Mall of Georgia, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Gilbert,

I appreciate you taking time out of your day to provide us with feedback on your recent stay. It sounds like you really enjoyed your brief stay with us. I hope you have some time in future to stay a little longer so you can enjoy all that our area has to offer. Again, we appreciate your comments and look forward to serving you again soon.

Georgia
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This hotel is in a great location if you plan on going to the Mall of Georgia. The staff was very friendly and the room was exceptionally clean. The hotel was packed with guests but we did not hear anything from the halls (doors shutting, voices, etc.) The only options I would recommend to add would be a free breakfast and a fan in the bathroom. Great stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay. It sounds like the team and our facility exceeded your expectations. I hope you have the opportunity to join us again in the future so you can enjoy some of the other great attractions in our area including Lake Lanier or possibly attending a Gwinnett Braves game. The team at the Courtyard by Marriott Mall of Georgia looks forward to serving you again soon.

Cincinnati
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

No free breakfast. No exhaust fan in the bathrooms of any of the 3 rooms we had. No big deal if you're alone, but it's a big pain when multiple people are trying to get ready and the bathroom is 85 degrees and 95 percent humidity after a couple showers.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,

I wanted to take a moment apologize as it does not sound like our facility met your expectations. Please contact me if you have a moment so we can discuss the room you stayed in. I look forward to hearing from you soon and hope you allow us to serve you again.

Atlanta
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I reserved a room for one night at this hotel online. I knew that we would not get there until very late, so I called the hotel to make sure we didn't lose our room. The front desk was so polite and was just as nice when I arrived. The hotel looks like it has just been renovated and was very clean. It is right by the mall and restaurants, but nestled back enough so you cannot hear any traffic. Right down the road is the interstate, so it was easy to find.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Amanda,

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for the kind words regarding the team members you encountered during your stay. It sounds like you enjoyed your brief stay with us and that you were able to enjoy some much deserved rest. The team looks forward to serving you again soon.

Florida
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Nothing but great things to say about this hotel. It appears to be new, is located in a quiet setting, and had excellent rooms. We had a suite at the end of the hall and I noticed an entrance ramp to I-85 close by. Not to worry as we never heard a thing...great soundproofing! The hotel was well maintained and the staff was extremely friendly. The indoor pool and hot tub were great at the end of the day and were not crowded when we visited. Lots of restaurants and shopping are close by and the minor league baseball stadium is a couple miles down the road. Overall this was an excellent choice for a stopover.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SilverStar092
Sal C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Buford Mall of Georgia, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

I wanted to thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay. It sounds like you were able to unwind and enjoy all that our wonderful location has to offer. We appreciate you choosing use during your trip and look forward to serving you again in the future.

East TN
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This suite has a fully partitioned and separate bedroom with a delightfully comfortable king sized bed and a bathroom with a roll-in shower, a bench and a stationary and handheld shower. There is plenty of room for the handicapped individual and a caretaker to move around.

End tables have electrical outlets built in just beneath the bedside wall lamps, perfect for plugging in phones, ipods, etc. or a hairdryer, if the elderly or infirm can't stand long enough to dry their hair by the bathroom sink.

The separate sitting area has a full size pull out sofa bed and sliding doors leading out to a small sitting area, with a view of a nicely maintained courtyard. I wish I could have spent another night to enjoy the hot tub, pool and fitness center.

Check-in and Check-out was efficient and every staff member was pleasant and accommodating.

Thermostats located in the sitting area and the bedroom ensured both rooms of the suite maintained comfortable temperatures, an important feature on these hot Georgia days. :o)

*The pictures on the Marriott website may have been standardized photos representative of other Courtyard facilities because they did seem to make the hotel lobby seem to be more expansive. Photos with better depiction of the fully partitioned sitting area with a solid door separating it from the bedroom would have made the booking decision easier, since that and the fully accessible handicapped bathroom are what made me choose this hotel.

Room Tip: Excellent accessibility features for the handicapped and their caregivers.