“Friendly, clean and no surprises”

Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Buford Mall of Georgia
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Buford
Annandale, Virginia
“Friendly, clean and no surprises”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

This hotel was nice. Very clean and lots of free parking. The staff was as welcoming and nice as they could be and gave us some good recommendations on dining locally. What I really appreciated was the fact that the hotel is very close to lots of stuff (retail, dining, etc) but is set way back from the busy main road and was very quiet. SInce my son will be attending school in the area, I expect they will see us back frequently over the next few years. My only criticism is that the fabric of the bath towels was a bit thin (but good sized and clean, and there were plenty of them). The hairdryer in the room was great..small but very powerful

Room Tip: We were very happy on the top floor (5th). It was quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
NC
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I had been in the lobby before of this Courtyard and knew immediately that this was a location I needed to add to my Hotel Vision/Bucket List. I had a semi-business trip to Atlanta, and decided to use that as an excuse to check it out.

Very modern and welcoming Lobby <that’s what initially won me over>. Plenty of lounge space, business area off to the side of lobby. The Representative at check-in greeted me with “How is your day going” and then asked me what company I was employed with so she could check to see if I get any additional corporate discounts. <small gestures but BIG impact – thank you!>. The other representative asked would I have time to do any shopping during my stay <uhhh, but of course>. She then hands me a store directory for the Mall Georgia <nice touch!>. Nothing like a warm welcome to set the tone.

I must admit, I was pleasantly surprised by the room. I went with the standard King since I was traveling solo. Very spacious, could easily accommodate a couple with 1-2 children. The standard rooms includes a small sofa.

The work station includes a small pull out table – a perfect option for food/drinks or just more work space. Plenty of outlets for laptops, chargers, etc. In addition to the desk lamp there is also a small recess light just above the desk, so you can light just that area without lighting the entire room. A great feature for the chick like me that’s always up at the crack of dawn but hates turning on all the lights when I’m traveling with others. <very nice touch!>

Super comfy bed. When you reserve online directly through the hotel, they ask if you would like extra foam or feather pillows. <aaah, the little things>. I loved the sleek design of the headboard and it comes with a built-in lamp on both sides; and each light comes with an outlet – perfect, perfect, PERRRRFECT, for Workaholics and Gadget Geeks who all but sleep with their laptops, tablets and smart phones. <in fact, let’s just make this feature an OSHA requirement for all hotels going forward>…. Also 1 small night stand on both sides of bed with small drawer and storage space. And- iHome ipod docking station <they are SOO winning me over>

Full length mirror just outside of bathroom. The showers have the curved shower curtain rods which give the feeling of more space. They also have a small area in back of shower that a person could sit if needed - or you can just throw all your necessary shower essentials there. Towel/Robe holder just by the shower. Oh – and a hand towel holder just by the sink. Small feature, but one that many hotels are lacking.

Snack area with mini-fridge. The mini-fridge had more than enough space needed for the average stay. Swivel Flat screen strategically placed so you can watch from anywhere in room. Free high-speed internet. I didn’t actually experience the Fitness Center but I did stop by just to see. A little small but has your basics, a couple of treadmills and weights – and filtered water <which I think should be another OSHA requirement for hotel fitness centers>. Oh – minutes from Mall of Georgia and plethora of other chain shops and restaurants. About 35-40 minutes away from the heart of Atlanta depending on the traffic. Also about an hour away from the Commerce Tangers Outlet.

My only recommendation would be to add a Recycle Bin to the rooms –but that just makes me feel a tad bit less guilty for taking long hot showers and using extra towels. Very refreshing stay – can’t wait to get back!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
mnta
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Dear Mr. Crall - I am writing to express the highest degree of satisfaction with my stay at Courtyard/Buford. The primary reason for this commentary is the dedication, courtesy and professionalism of your staff - in particular, Rosa Guerra and Jessica Webb. From the moment of check-in to departure, Ms. Guerra and Ms. Webb handled my queries and questions with a wonderful "can do" attitude. They - and I have no doubt all of your team - epitomize the "Yes...now, what was your question?" mantra of customer-always-first service.

I formally request that you personally compliment Rosa and Jessica. And my I also compliment you on the design, layout and amenities offered in the public areas as well as the room (524).

Be assured if business or pleasure again lead me to the Burford area the lodging decision will be automatic. Courtyard.

Joe Donohue

www.event-savvy.com

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

Only stayed 1 night, but wish we'd stayed longer. Very near attractions such as the mall and the arena. Only disappointment was all the local bars close at 10. There is a cafe in the lobby which serves beer, but it closes at 10p. However, they do sell a few beers in the mini-grocery by the concierge!

• Stayed July 2012
savannah,ga
Reviewed June 22, 2012

This is an awesome hotel, whether you are on business or stopping through with your family. I stayed for four nights recently with my two children aged 7 and 10, as my daughter was in a basketball camp at Suwannee Sports Academy. The hotel is immaculate, and the staff are friendly and helpful, so much so that even my 7 year old commented to me on how good it was. This was our second stay at this hotel, and I look forward to staying again when the next basketball camp rolls around. Highly Recommended!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
philadelphia, pa
Reviewed June 20, 2012

This hotel is not a 4-star facility, but I have to rate is as very good based on the combination of accomodations and price. I paid $99 for a weeknight and stayed in a very large room with 2 beds, TV, desk, and large bathroom. The room was wheelchair-accessible, so it may have a different layout than others. The room was very clean and no signs of wear. Also, the airconditioning is absolutely fantastic. There is no limit on the thermostat, so I was able to keep it really cool overnight. In the morning, you can get Starbuck's coffee and small breakfast items, which are chargeable to the room. The staff for checkin and checkout were pleasant and the free parking was ample.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Oak Hills, California
Reviewed June 17, 2012

This is our second time at this hotel. We love the town and this hotel is worth the extra drive. Grounds are immaculate and every staff member gives amazing service.

• Stayed June 2012
mcrall, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Buford Mall of Georgia, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
The staff at the Courtyard - Mall Of Georgia would like to thank all our guest who have taken the time to leave us feedback on their experience at our lovely property!! We will continue to strive to exceed the expectations of our valued guest! We are far from perfect and might even have an off day, but what we learn from it will only make us better! If you have never stayed...please give us a shot like so many of these kind folks have. We value and appreciate your business!!