“Unexpected, very nice.”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Buford
Athens, Georgia
“Unexpected, very nice.”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

The best hotel have stayed at in a long while, has a lot of ammenties, and a bar with food. The place was very nice pool, hot tub and fire pit. Just the best for sure in all of Gwinnett county pay the extra and stay there you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I held my annual Holiday extravaganza in their meeting room and it was a HUGE success!!!! The staff was very helpful and resourceful. I appreciate their flexibility to arranging the room to fit our needs and that of our customers. We will be holding our events there for years to come. Thank you Jessica Webb (event coordination for the Courtyard) for all your support and help in the planning process for our event!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I had a very pleasant one night stay at the Courtyard this past weekend. This hotel is located a bit off the beaten path behind a shopping center (next to two other hotels). Parking was well-lit and plentiful. The lobby is very well-appointed with plenty of seating areas. There were two wedding groups at the hotel during my stay, and they made good use of the lobby for meals and meetings, but it never felt crowded or excessively loud. I needed to print out something and was very easily able to jump onto a computer in the lobby and print with ease. I never once shared an elevator- they were quick and always available. My room was spacious, very clean, and the fridge was a nice bonus. A did hear a bit of noise from other rooms, but only during the morning rush time. My only negative feedback: my bathroom had the worst wall paper patch job ever. The area over the shower head had at least five pieces patched together poorly, and excess adhesive was smeared on the ceiling. I don't know if this was a poorly done repair job or a construction defect. The front desk staff members were helpful and friendly. I would stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed February 2012
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I recently had the pleasure of staying at this Marriott for a work related conference. I traveled with my best friend and her son, as well as my son. I called prior and told them I was traveling with a Nanny and 2kids and they worked out a suite for us at a wonderful price. My friends son, who is autistic, is the sweetest, funniest kid you will ever meet, but alot of people who have preconceived notions miss the opportunity to get to know him because of his special needs, but these folks could not have been more caring and compassionate towards him and knew him and my son by name from the start. Then it came time for us to leave and we had a 9 hour drive ahead of us. We got about 2hours into the drive and my son asks "Mom, did you remember my special blanket?" My heart sunk, his special blanket belonged to my Mom who passed away when my son was 2 and he named this blanket the "Na Na" blanket and has slept with it everynight for years. I was devastated, knowing the room had been cleaned out and figuring anyone who saw it would immediately take this old worn out blanket to the nearest dumpster. I immediately called the hotel and spoke to Jessica who checked with house keeping and after a brief second (which felt like a lifetime, admist my tears and my son's panic face and tears) says "Oh yes mam, we have your blanket and we can fed ex it to you!" I was elated, as any other parent who has left the "special " item behind would be!!! A couple of days later, the "Na Na" blanket arrived safe and sound on our front porch, to a delighted mom and son!! Now I need to mention the housekeeping? Well the stomach flu hit my friends son and housekeeping was cleaning and disenfecting and on call the entire stay, and was so kind and I thought, really? I couldnt have a smile on my face and deal with this, but they did, and would always say, I hope he feels better! They did such a good job, the bug did not spread to the rest of us, Thank God! Then today, Jessica called and made sure I got our NaNa blanket back!! Any other hotel would have been glad to get rid of our gang, but not this hotel! I have told everyone I know about how we were treated and not only was it a wonderful stay, but it really restored our faith in humanity and reminded us there ARE good people left in our busy world. Thankyou staff of Marriott Courtyard, Buford Georgia!

Room Tip: stay here if you need to do business in Atlanta, its about 30 minutes away and worth the drive...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank SchoonerNoMore
Katy, Texas
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I stayed here for four nights the week of 1/9/2012 and once again, everything was impeccable. I look forward to my stays at this location. The rooms are very clean, the staff is very pleasant and helpful, the food at the Bistro is excellent, the computers and printers in the business center are always working fine and it is a quiet relaxing environment. Great place to relax after a long day. This is the only place I feel confident in recommending to family, friends and co-workers.

Room Tip: I have not found a bad room. They are all clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank randybrennan
Chattanooga, TN
Reviewed January 4, 2012

One night stay at this property. In town for business. Located next to the Mall of Georgia. This is a great property with great service and location. Had a nice al la carte breakfast.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Out of all the hotels stays that I have experienced, this was the best in a long time. The staff was very accommodating to my family. We had to attend a funeral in the area and they made the stay very comforting during our time of bereavement. Patrick Johnson at the front desk was Awesome checking us in. He made checking in a breeze!! He even made it easier to book another room for my handicap aunt the second night. Patrick Thompson also assisted my family and I with great customer service and coffee from Starbucks. Last but not least, Jessica Webb had that award-winning smile and dedication to light each day that we stayed. The rooms were exquisite and very clean. Every restaurant in the world is within blocks. The mall is actually walking distance so I would love to go back and stay again! I think we just might do that. All smiles over here!

Room Tip: The rooms were exquisite and very clean. Every restaurant in the world is within blocks. The mall is...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family