“Cute, Original and Overrated”
Review of Ricos

Ricos
Ranked #1 of 239 Restaurants in Buford
Cuisines: Filipino
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Great expectations follow great reviews. Have to applaud Rico's for creating an oasis of originality in a sea of chain restaurants that populate the Buford area. The key to a great experience here: choose your table and your dish wisely. Our excellent server was equally passionate about purple yam cake, some avocado dessert, strawberry salad, the signature hash dish and the portobello sandwich. Only the hash was a memorable, tasty choice. Our table, next to the closed garage doors, was so cold we kept our coats on during dinner - even the guys. We closed the place down at 9:30 (!) on a Friday night. For my money, I'll take a place with more comfortable seating, temperature, reliable menu choices and interesting decor.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

If it wasn't for Tripadvisor, I'd never have known this place existed! I was looking for a good place to take a visiting friend for a late lunch, and the description fit the bill.

We arrived about 1:30 on a Saturday and had about a 30-minute wait for a table. The location in an old corner muffler shop (that looked a lot like a vintage 1950's gas station), was intriguing. We sat and chatted in the "storefront" while waiting for a seat in the "garage."

Once we were seated at a table we immediately noticed the enticing dishes being delivered to other tables, which definitely influenced our decision on what to eat. My husband and our guest had the Mojo pork sandwich which was dripping-down-your-arms delicious and came with home made potato chips. I had the fish taco special, which was excellent. The sweet tea would make any southerner proud.

The desserts looked wonderful, although we didn't have room for a sample.

Despite the fact that others were waiting to be seated, we were never rushed to leave.

What I will remember most, however, was that the staff frequently came by to ask if we were happy with our meals or needed anything, and we were thanked by at least three members of the staff for coming in.

The restaurant has lots of hard surfaces which really reflect the noise and make it difficult to hear conversation, but the food and the staff will definitely bring me back again and again.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Been there many times and every time the food and service exceeds my expectations. 8 of us were there on a busy weekend and as soon as we walked in they asked if we would like drinks while waiting and the food was fresh and you can tell it was just made.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I go to Rico's at least once a week for lunch. Outstanding food, good service and wonderful specials. My favorite is the Chicken Cuban. It is a wonderful sandwich. I also really enjoy the Southwestern Salad. It is usually released as a daily special. This is one of my favorite places to eat for lunch or dinner. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Great little place in downtown Buford. If you go for dinner go early it gets crowded because it is a small place in an old muffler shop. The portions are big and our service was great. It has mostly sandwiches,salads, and burgers on the menu with daily specials. I had the Oyster PoBoy with the home made chips and it was very good and really big enough to share. Friends that recommended it said thier deserts were awesome. Can't wait to return.

Been to Ricos? Share your experiences!