“Dinner at Ricos”

Cuisines: Filipino
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Worked in Buford for a few days and thought I would check out the number one restaurant in Buford per Tripadvisor. It is an old garage which is kinda cool, my waitress was very nice and the menu was what I was looking for. Their soup special was Crab Bisque which sounded great so I tried it and the presentation was great but the taste was very bland. I got the fried oyster Po Boy for me entree and it was very good, overflowing with oysters and very tasty. The sweet potato chips were very good. I will go back for another Po Boy.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Go any chance we get! NEVER disappoints! We love to take out of town guests and any one else who hasn't been! Have visited with family, friends and business associates. Unique in location and style, ANy thing on the menu is excellent and I believe we have tried just about everything! Specials are always a new adventure and reasonably priced!
Our favorites are: fried green tomato salad, shrimp po boy, south western salad (a special), ham and brie sandwich, sweet potato fries and the amazing desserts (banana pudding is a favorite, but everything is excellent!!! (although sometimes we just don't have room)
Now to the folks and service.....friendly servers who are 'on top of it'...we rarely have to ask for anything, Nate and Rico's mom are always chipper and greet customers with a smile. Rico steers the ship from the kitchen but always has a smile when we see him occasionally pop out!
A must to check out when in Buford area!!!!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

The Cajun mussels were out of this world. Staff were friendly and helpful. Too many deep-fried choices.

1  Thank Airsucker
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stumbled upon this little restaurant while out shopping by myself and decided to try it for a late lunch. What a great find! Not too crowded since it was late but service was excellent and the menu varied and interesting. Decided on the fried green tomato and portobello mushroom sandwich and was quite pleased with my selection - very interesting mix of favors, generous portion but not too much. Looking forward to bringing friends with me next time - loved it!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

A large group of us visited Ricos and had a great lunch! There is a varied menu which suited everyone and the service was memorably great! Our waitress served the crowd quickly, remembered all the details and did it with a smile. I definitely recommend this place!