“Awesome white sand beach.”

LanierWorld at Lanier Islands
Ranked #4 of 21 things to do in Buford
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Located within our 1,500-acre resort in Georgia, LanierWorld is home to a variety of attractions, restaurants, activities, and a beach and water park sure to thrill adventure seekers and beach bums alike. Whether you are looking for the coolest lakeside spot for day play and nightlife, a sandy area to bask in the sun, or a place to let loose and let your inner child out, LanierWorld has it all. At the Family Fun Park, enjoy Wild Waves, the South's largest wave pool, and Raging River. A short walk through the tunnel takes you from the Family Fun Park to Big Beach, home of the largest collection of rides, slides and dining options at LanierWorld. Across the sand and over the Boardwalk, lies Sunset Cove, THE spot on Lake Lanier for music, entertainment, dining & nightlife!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Dahlonega, Georgia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Awesome white sand beach.”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

It is defensively a gorgeous place to visit. It is all about what you want to do there with your friends. Bring food and enjoy the day chilling.

Roswell, Georgia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 113 helpful votes
“Business Trip plus Personal weekend- nice stay!”
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I had a 3 day business trip to the Lodge at Lake Lanier; and my family joined me on Friday night for a weekend of family fun. My first room for the business portion of the trip was in the main lodge, a two-bed Queen room that had a patio overlooking a grassy area. We spent our days in the conference center, had catered meals, and had an event on the beach. Service is very prompt, the food was good, and everything seemed very well planned. This is quite a large property, so there is plenty to do. There is a firepit by the main pool, plus a resturant/bar called Bullfrogs, so our groups ended up having drinks by the firepit and talking. Nice ambiance and the drinks were not too pricey (I found a Pinot Grigio I liked for about $6 per glass)!

Front desk staff were very helpful and friendly. Always willing to provide information on the activities. Doorman were readily available and friendly; and they'll drive you to your room (if needed) in a golfcart or van. There are alot of steps/hilly areas so be prepared.

My family joined me on Friday nite; and we moved to a "Legacy Villa" (see picture of house); which is basically a 3 unit 'house' on the lake. Our room was King room, with a fridge and microwave, and had a patio with two chairs that overlooked the golf course/lake/beach area. We had dinner at Bullfrogs the first nite (daughter and I split the Salmon, had Vegetable soup-very good!- and my husband had fish tacos - "adequate"; we also had two glasses of wine). The total bill was around $70 with tip, so not bad. We had vouchers for free breakfast each morning in the Windows cafe. There was an omelette/egg station, waffle station, plus biscuits and gravy, fruit, yogurt, scrambled eggs, breakfast meats and breads each morning.

The 2nd day we ventured into historic Buford and had lunch at Aqua Terra Bistro, and it was AMAZING. Definitely recommend this short trip (about 10 minutes) to this foodie joint. I recommend the Panko Tomatoes (flash fried tomates with goat cheese and marinara sauce); we also had the beef tip sandwiches and the fish tacos. They even made a penne alfredo with chicken for my daughter. This meal was about $70 as well, including wine.

We also went horseback riding at the Lanier Equestrian Center; had a wonderful time on the 45 minute ride ($35 each); the guide was friendly and ensured everyone was safe. We saw quite a few deer on the ride, plus a great way to see the lake from the 'woods'.

We noted there is plenty of other activities, including zip lines, carnival rides, and the beach (it was chilly this weekend). My husband played 18 holes of golf for about $60 (twilight rate). The spa looked fantastic as well, reasonable prices, but we just ran out of time.

There are two reasons I did not place a 5 on this resort... 1) the internet access was terrible; both in the main lodge and the lake house. Incredibly slow when you could connect and other times, you'd show a strong signal, but couldn't access sites or would time out. Our entire group complained. 2) the food is 'ok', not amazing. With such great chef's in Buford, they need to steal one of them away to revamp the menus!

We will definitely be back for a long weekend, rent a boat and hang out on the lake.

Visited September 2011
3 Thank Lea C
Birmingham, Alabama
“Lake Lanier Island Girls Weekend”
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We booked a weekend in Lake Lanier with Misha Ahern with my girlfriends. We had a very pleasant experience and looking forward to the next event to take place. I recommend this to everyone and know you will enjoy yourself with many great people. The schedule for the weekend is open so you can do whatever you choose to do with no obligation. Misha wanted everyone to relax and participate comfortably.

I m looking forward to the next outing at Lake Lanier!!!!!

Thanks Misha and De Anna!!!

Mitzi

36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Lake Lanier, How Relaxing”
Reviewed September 3, 2011

We had a really good time at Lake Lanier Islands and Resort. We went to the water park and stayed mostly in the wave pool. Everyone there seem to really enjoy that! The waves can knock you over in an instant. We rode on the water rides which are super fast. It was fun, but I don't think I'll get on them again. Too fast for me! The breakfast was pretty tasty too! We are planning to return next year. Next year we will rent a boat and go horseback riding.

North Carolina
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Nice day out for family with younger kids”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We have a 6 and 9 year old. We visited on the last Sunday of the season and the park was pretty quiet. Longest wait for a ride was about 20 minutes and that was unusual. For the most part the rides were very tame. No gut churners here. The wave pool was pretty unexciting too. I think teenagers would find it a bit boring in comparison to other water parks. Other than one lifeguard manning a ride who was terrific with the kids most of the staff acted as though they'd rather be anywhere else but there. I think for most of them it was their last day and it showed. The wait for pizza was looong. They brought my entree out 30 minutes before delivering the pizza to the table. Overall however we had a really good day. It was perfect for younger kids. The restrooms and shower areas were very clean. It seemed very expensive but when you calculate we were there for about 9 hours it doesn't seem so horrifying. Apparently you can get coupons to it from some of the grocery stores. Not being local we didn't know that until we got there.