“Inexpensive, musty, just a bed. Great staff!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge

Ranked #25 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Prince Frederick, Maryland
“Inexpensive, musty, just a bed. Great staff!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I pulled in very late. The lobby was so musty and stinky my tired toddler broke down in tears. The person that checked us in was amazing. She was quick and efficient. Cheerful and happy.

The room wasn't musty. She saw me carrying my son so she gave me a very close first floor room.

The room was clean and didn't smell musty. There was no view. Just a chain fence. The shower was clean but I couldn't shower efficiently as the drain was broken.

Checking out was swift. My only complaint checking out was check out was 11 am. I left at 9:55 and a comment was made I was the last person checking out. I have a hard time with tone so she could have been joking.

I'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for this review, I am glad that you found your room clean and comfortable. I have discussed the drain with the manager, thank you for bring this to my attention.
Check out is at 11AM, I think the lady was joking, I apologize if this offended you in any way.
We appreciate your business, and send hugs to you toddler.
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Ludowici, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Got a hotels.com deal $65/night July 4th weekend. Most places were sold out for our late booking. I understand why there were vacancies after staying. The building and furnishings were decent- maybe newly refurbished. The beds/linens were standard. We did have a long black hair on one bed under the sheets but nothing really seemed dirty. What threw me off was the plastic covers on the mattresses and boxsprings. I have never stayed in a hotel with these in place. Of course my mind wanders- is it bed bugs or even worse high incident of violent crime--hence the title of my review. The front doors shut at night with no key card reentry option. Night staff-didn't catch her name seemed bothered by me even asking how we could come back in. She bluntly told me to go in on the side. Well, around the back was a couple clearly having sex in the closed pool. It was an experience walking by with my 12 and 16 year old. So we reach a side door- I didn't notice a card key reader because I was focused on the shattered glass. The glass was in place just shattered like a car window. The door itself was open- I don't think it was closable. Bottom line is the place didn't seem safe. It's not family friendly. The young lady working nights would be better suited to work a job that's not customer oriented. Oh and that side door with a confirmed card key reader- it's on the farthest side away from the lobby and pool. It's out of sight with a small driveway running beside it. It's the type of area you try and avoid when traveling. I wish I would have read tripadvisor prior to staying.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
I am so sorry that your were not pleased with the accommodations at the Econo Lodge in Brunswick. I have notified the manager of the problems you experienced and corrections are being made. Thank you for bring this to our attention.
We do appreciate your business and wish you safe travels.
Guest Relations Manager

Travelers are raving about these Brunswick hotels

Atlantic Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

Booked this room for my family, they did not need much,just 8 hours before going to Summer Waves. The room was FILTHY! The beds had bugs,and there were used plates and trash behind the Dresser,this place should be CLOSED!

Room Tip: pick another hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank steve d
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
I am so sorry that your room was not cleaned as it should have been. We will take these matters to the owner so this can be corrected immediately. We will also have an exterminator come in to make sure there are no bugs in the hotel.
We appreciate your review since it tells us or your experience and gives us the opportunity to improve.
Guest Relations Manager.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed here about 5 years ago and vowed we would not return. Tried it again earlier in February on our way to FL as it was a convenient stop before our final day of travel. We won't make the same mistake. Room needed updating badly. Floor lamp provided next to a comfy chair but no place to plug it in. Odd activity with cars coming and going in the parking lot throughout the night. And people walking around outside and/or waiting for more than an hour for someone to come by. Did not feel safe here. Breakfast was mediocre at best. Few fast foods at this exit. We found a Subway close by; that was it.

Room Tip: I can't think of a single suggestion about picking a good room location. The back of the hotel w...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GBlazerRR, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
I am so sorry that your stay was not as comfortable as expected. We will discuss your information with our staff and try to fix and/or eleminate the the items that you mentioned.
I appreciate your comments, it tell us the customers view of our hotel, so we can improve.
Again I apologize for your inconvenience. We do apppreciate your business and hope you will visit us again soon.
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Handicap room had seat in shower, extra large bathroom and hand held shower. There were many electric outlets and Internet worked fine. However, only 2 pillows were provided and desk could only produce 1 extra. Bed was comfortable enough and heating unit worked well. Breakfast was strictly basic. Everything was very clean, tho.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Roxanne G
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
We are so glad that you were pleased with your stay at Econo Lodge in Brunswick GA. We appreciate your business and for taking time to let other travelers about your stay. Please plan to visit with us again soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We got a room on sale for $25 and the room and amenities were much better than expected. Close to Jekyll Island. Would recommend to others! The motel also had lots of great information on things to do in the area.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank CanuckAbroad2
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for your review, we are so pleased that you had an enjoyable stay. Please plan to visit with us again when you are in the Brunswick GA area. We appreciate your business.
clemont
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

The first area of concern was security. There were scary people walking around the Saturday day night I checked in but the place looked beautiful from the outside with upscale cars in the parking lot.

There was mold on the walls and the bed did not appear to be fresh. Mold on the shower. Did not feel well the next day. Interesting the reviews to the write of this as I write concur not my imagination!

Noticed it had won an award a few years ago from TripAdvisor too bad they did not keep it up!

Room Tip: Sleep in the car:(
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
I am sorry that your room was not as you expected. I will discuss these issues with our manager and owner so they can make necessary improvements. Thank you for telling us about your visit, we do appeciate your business.