“Okay stay”

Ranked #26 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Orange Park, Florida
“Okay stay”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Front desk staff at check in were very anxious to please. Our room was upstairs with no elevator, but contrary to other reviews I've read, that is my only complaint. Our room was clean and the towels were fluffier than most hotels. Beds were comfortable. The breakfast was excellent. Nearby a Logans Steakhouse and Toucans Ale House, both within walking distance.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
We are so glad that we exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed your visit. Your comments and feedback is very important since it gives us your view of our services.
We appreciate your business, please come visit again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Enticed by a tourist stop discount coupon we were provided a dingy ground floor unit with loose and abused door latch,inoperative TV and reading lamp, debris under the credenza two broken lampshades and faulty toilet handle. One and a half hours spent by repeated attempts to remedy the issues remained unaddressed by Dontell the sole clerk on duty.The young clerk was obviously overwhelmed by the multitasking of per-registration, telephone and walk-ins.A room switch was denied as "that was the only room available for that price".Dontell claimed he could not cancel my credit card billing till the next day.As this was the poorest caliber of Quality Inn ever experienced on our travels.we departed.

Room Tip: Keep on driving to the next destination;
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank 43Mike57
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
I am so sorry that you experienced problems with your room when you visited our hotel recently.
We appreciate your review since it gives us some insight of your experience so we can address the issues and make corrections.
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

On the way to Florida. We made a quick night stay to the only place we were able find an open available room for the night. They only had a two smoking rooms left which we were so exhausted we took them since I have stayed in smoking rooms before did not think it would be so bad. They should be shut down... The rooms was so dirty walls were yellow stains everywhere. I was scared take my shoes off.. Stains on my sheets..The smell of smoke was so strong that no one was able breath the whole night. I had to leave the room during middle night to get fresh air Bc I was deadly sick from the smell.. The following day we all got deadly sick from staying in that room.. We all had respiratory infections that ruined our whole trip. The health department should be aware of this. I understand it was a smoking room, but that is very unhealthy for anyone to stay in room like that.

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Lidia T
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
I am so sorry that thee was so many problems with your room. Thank you for letting us know. Your comments are taken seriously and our staff will make the necessary corrections.
Cochran, Georgia
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

We got to our room and the walls was spotted from what look to be a sorry repair work the room was not up to par had a old out of date chair and when we got ready to lay down for the evening we pull the cover back and oh my God it had the biggest Yellow stain on the cover that seem to be a urine spot. So I call the front desk and spoke with the front desk clerk she was rude then the night manager got on the phone and ask did I want her to come and change the sheets and I ask could I be just moved to another room he told all room was booked so he said you can check out I asked will I get a refund due to the fact that I had not really used the room and I call and informed them that I had issues and he said he could send her down to the room to change sheets or check us out without a refund so I made a very dumb choice of stay being it was so late and did not want to fight to find another hotel. That was a major mistake I could not sleep the bed are horrible and wall are paper thin I could hear people next door under wrapping their food and the place just sucks please don't send your worst enemy here.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank bigboy343468
I am so sorry that your room was in need of repair. This room should have been our or order until the painting and updates were complete. I am so sorry for the inconvenience to you.
St. Coix
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Nothing special here. Older hotel in need of updating in many ways. If the weather goes south on you and you need a roof over your head, it might possibly work. Room was nothing to brag about, the service was OK but the staff seemed bored with the idea of another customer. You might want to consider another roof over your head if you have a choice.

Room Tip: Keep on going down the road.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
I am so sorry that you were not pleased with our facility. I will forward your comments to the manager so he can address the issues. Your review is very important to us so that we know of the problems you experienced.
Your business is appreciated.
Union, New Jersey
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Stayed at the Quality Inn on my way to Florida.Needs major updating.The carpets in the hallways And rooms were spotted and filthyblooking.As it was late and my husband and I had to stay some place we decided to stay there.The rugs were so dirty we wore our shoes to our bed to take them off.We wouldn't let our feet touch the carpet.Thank God it was only one night.Woke up very early on purpose to get out of the room.Surprising the bed was very clean and comfortable.The breakfast in the morning was very good but couldn't wait to leave.I felt very dirty leaving that place.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
QUALITYGA220, Chief Operating Officer at Quality Inn, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Good day Traveler. We thank you for staying at the property. It is currently being renovated and re-vamped as your observation is correct. We have completed changing out the TV on the first floor to Led Flat screen and a overall is currently being conducted as well as maintenance plans geared at systematically addressing the main issues then refining the product.

We appreciated your patronage and your stay will go a long way in convincing ownership that the changes being made and to be made are necessary.

Thank you as always and be safe.
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed February 23, 2014

This hotel was absolutely AWFUL! The room was in dire need of a makeover. Old carpets,old sink./tub. I didn't even want to take shower..I would have felt dirtier after the shower. We went to go for dinner and the door wouldn't lock! We had to call the manager who had to call maintenance who had to chisel on the door frame to get the door to lock! I couldn't wait to leave in the morning. EEEEWWWWWW. The only reason we stayed was because it was the only pet friendly hotel in the area and we were really tired and hungry from traveling all day.

Room Tip: Don't go unless you absolutely HAVE to stay somewhere with an animal. Otherwise there are a lot...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
QUALITYGA220, Chief Operating Officer at Quality Inn, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Good day Traveler. We are in receipt of your review and will re-evaluate all that we have done in the past as well as what we have in the pipeline for the future to make the property better. I am not sure what elements of the stay or if the entire stay was poor or certain elements contributed to the entire stay being awful. Do let us know so we can look into what we can do better in the future as we rennovate the property, train the staff and abide by the brand standards.

Do continue to travel and be safe.