“No charge for pets - friendly staff, good value”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Brunswick I-95
Ranked #25 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
New York City, New York
“No charge for pets - friendly staff, good value”
Reviewed January 2, 2011

Red Roof Inn accepts pets at no additonal charge and that gets our vote! We have a well behaved Brittany but that doesn't matter to other motels, just a big no. Red Roof is the beneficiary of other motels' pet unfriendly attitude. This motel is great wtih friendly staff, big rooms, nice baths, free breakfast and very reasonable rates! They have a leg up over other motels that don't allow pets.

Bob

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bob423
RedRoofInnCSR, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Brunswick I-95, responded to this review, January 18, 2011
Thank you for your positive feedback. We appreciate your comments and will share it with our staff. Thank you for staying with us at Red Roof Inn, Brunswick, GA. Visit us again!!

Manager
Jennifer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Canada
Reviewed January 1, 2011

First off, the hotel is located right next to the I-95, which is why I stayed there, driving back to Canada. Exiting the I-95, there is a nice sign saying Brand new rooms at the Red Roof Inn... great, let's go there.

The only positive aspects are the staff, which were nice, and the wifi which had great coverage.

Entering the hotel, there's a couch they could have found in a dump, all ripped off. The room was large, but dirty. For the brand new room, they replaced the regular light bulb in the restroom for a fluocompact, added a 9.95$ plastic lamp on the tiny desk near the TV and painted the room. The pillows were thin, two out of the three pillows had brownish stains. The mattress was wrapped in plastic and made the whole bed uncomfortable... just thinking of the stains on the pillow and the reason they added this white plastic wrapping. One of the two bedside lamps was broken. The towels in the bathroom had been changed and the garbage bin emptied, but that might be just it as there was no kleenex left and the old shampoo and soap used by another client had stayed in the shower. For the breakfast, about four tables facing the front desk, with a choice of white bread or donuts and drinks... no wonder why nobody was eating when I checked out.

Sincerely, it's the second worst hotel I've ever been to (thanks to the working wifi internet and the nice staff... but I still prefer a good night sleep than a smile...) and it will be the last time I step a foot in a Red Roof Inn, I feel ripped off.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Artwerks
RedRoofInnCSR, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Brunswick I-95, responded to this review, January 20, 2011
As the Front Office Manager of this location, I appreciate your comments and I want to personally apologize for the bad experience that you had at our hotel. Please contact me at brunswickredroofinn@live.com, so I can discuss this issue and follow up with corrective measures. I look forward to hearing from you.
Again, I do sincerely apologize,

Chester, South Carolina
Reviewed October 20, 2010

rooms are very large and beds are comfortable; we felt safe no loud noisees at all ; restaurants everywhere even a lot you cuold walk to. the motel staff and maides are there to help you and they will be glad to do so.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tfordv8
Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return visits.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 11, 2010

We booked the room over the phone a few hours before arrival. Check in was quick and easy. The rooms were big. We were on the first floor, had a fridge, microwave. The beds were comfy. The bathroom was a liitle dirty or old..couldn't figure it out...definately needed an update. Checked out quick and easy!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank spaqween
Leesburg, ga
Reviewed September 7, 2010

The staff was very friendly and helpful when we needed more towels or other things. The room was large and comfortable. The breakfast was pretty good, just kept filled at a minimum and removed promptly at 9:00. They served freshly baked cookies in the evening that were very tasty. The only complaint I have about the room is the fitted sheet kept coming off and I would wake up on the plastic mattress cover...ugh....It was one of those sheets that had no more elastic left...They made up our bed every day so I guess either all their sheets are like that or they never changed ours. Other than that the stay was nice and I would stay there again, but would test out the sheets first...

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
calhoun ga
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Me and my wife took a long weekend to head to the Georgia coast. We wanted to keep it cheap and this was the best deal online. The rooms were clean and the staff very friendly. The hotel is close to everything you need. The pool is older but very well kept and has a 7ft deep end. We were very satisfied with our stay and would have no problem booking here again in the future.

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Winter Springs, Florida
Reviewed August 17, 2010

Everything about this place was awful. Sign says new rooms. They lie. New paint does not qualify as new rooms. The place was filthy. Interior hallways had little A/C - 90 degrees. A/C next to bed kicks on and off with the sound level of a Mack Truck as you sweat on plastic wrapped mattresses. The bathtub should be condemed. The tub has a huge rust stain (I think it was rust) and the drain backs up when you use the shower. Saw large roach in hallway and found spider under bed covers. Checked in at 6pm and only one girl working entire hotel. The only thing good I can say about this place is it's next door to a Cracker Barrel Restaurant. Very bad experience and makes me reconsider ever staying at a Red Roof again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple