“1st time at a Red Roof Inn.... will try again”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Brunswick I-95
Ranked #23 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“1st time at a Red Roof Inn.... will try again”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Our experience with Darnell, at the desk, is what prompted me to add a review...excellent customer service!! He was friendly, fun, professional, helpful...made us feel very welcomed....his manager was just as welcoming in the AM...The Red Roof Inn was reasonably priced, clean, large room, and conveniently located.....thank you for a very good experience

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Timeko D, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Brunswick I-95, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
We are very pleased that you had a wonderful stay and that you shared it with us. We are looking forward to hosting you again at Red Roof Inn & Suites, Brunswick, GA.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Erie, PA
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Our first time staying here and it was ok. We got a very good rate and it was easy to find. There were several places to eat and some within walking distance. We thought it was clean enough, loved the shower pressure, but those hard pillows suck!! The breakfast was just ok, but it got us on the road. I would stay there again, if the rate was good and if I had a pillow with me from home.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for providing your experience that you had with us at Red Roof Inn & Suites, Brunswick, GA. We are glad to hear that your overall stay was a good one. We look forwarding to hosting you again in the future.
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed January 20, 2014

stayed here on night. had a room upstairs facing the pool area. very quiet and had a small balcony. in lieu of an elevator they have a ramp which was unexpected but better than just stairs. large rooms. clean condition. some of the furniture shown signs of age and was worn. But the room was clean and quiet and very affordable. walking distance to Starbucks and Cracker Barrel. had small breakfast area in the lobby cereal hot waffles. Very basic. Less than 15 minutes to St Simons Island All employees I encountered were friendly.

Room Tip: ask for room overlooking pool and it will be away from I-95
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Timeko D, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Brunswick I-95, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
It is a pleasure to hear of your wonderful stay you had with us at Red Roof Inn & Suites, Brunswick, GA. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time in providing us feedback, as it helps us make the guest experience better.
Youngstown, Ohio
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Title of your review nice stop in Ga.

This is the Frist time we stayed at the inn . We made the reservation by cell phone as we drove . That all went well but the Inn did not have it . We had made it over an hour before . That said, they gave us a very nice room ,it very clean and fresh . They did not have any place to put our suitcase ,we had to use the ironing board . Ok life on the road . They are pet friendly for free . They had a Deluxe breakfast in a very clean café with very helpful staff. The biggest con is that when they remodeled they closed up all the sliding doors . So you have to move you stuff through the halls . Drive up and park rooms are much better for us . plus they could use flat screen TV's

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Timeko D, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Brunswick I-95, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time for sharing your experience with us on your recent trip and stay at Red Roof Inn & Suites, Brunswick, GA. The sliding glass doors were permanently shut many years ago due to safety and security of our guest, as they are not entry ways with a room key. I am sorry for any inconvenience that was for you. Again, we appreciate your feedback, as it helps make us better to serve our guest.
North Carolina
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stayed here for one night on our way back home for the holidays from Florida.

Pros: Room was a good price for a 5-6 hours stay (got in late, left early), it was dog friendly and right off I-95.... the exit has a few gas stations, IHOP, drive through Starbucks (that wasn't open yet when we were leaving, that was disappointing...), and fast food places all in pretty much walking distance if needed. The room was a decent size for the type of hotel.

Cons: The front desk personnel when I was checking in was terrible. They didn't seem to know what was going on, what rooms were dirty or clean, and how to work the system so they check in time took about 20 minutes. Worst of all... the front desk agent/night audit practically shouted the room numbers of the folks in front of me. I've worked a front desk before and that is a BIG no-no, obviously for security reasons. To top it off, the "manager" was complaining the entire time about the system, the staff, the hotel. Oy. The room was also a little "hairy" if you know what I mean...

All and all, I have stayed here before and would stay here again for a quick one night stay on my way to or from somewhere. Since it's a good place for my dogs (big patches of green grass, first floor has a patio to grass), I'll deal with the minor issues of the hotel.

Room Tip: First floor have patios with no fence that opens to a green space... even though they say they don...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
I want to thank you for taking the time to let us know of your recent guest experience and please accept my sincere apology for the way our staff handled the front desk and check in process. I agree that we did not handle that with the level of service we expect and you deserve as a guest. Our goal is to make every guest feel special and you gave us the opportunity to just that when you agreed to stay with us and unfortunately we did not fully live up to that expectation.

I am grateful that you brought your concerns to my attention so I can share them with the appropriate staff members. Thank you hope to see you back on your next trip through the area.
Croghan, NY
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Good- easy access off of 95. Conveniently located near restaurants and Starbucks. Rooms were large and very clean. While not recently updated, things were in good condition. Good selection of TV channels.
Bad- the bed was hard as a rock. Not good for people with joint pain.

• Stayed December 2013
Timeko D, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Brunswick I-95, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
We appreciate your comments and thank you for taking the time to write a review about Red Roof Inn & Suites. As you know, these reviews help us figure out which areas we can improve on and in which areas we are doing well. I see we did not meet your expectations in regards to the mattresses and I am very sorry that your night with us was not enjoyable. Thank you for your feedback.
Newton, New Jersey
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night and was pleasantly surprised. Hotel is older but very clean and comfortable. Continental breakfast was also basic but sufficient. Would stay here again especially if we bring our dog.

• Stayed December 2013
RedRoofInnCSR, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Brunswick I-95, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post this comment on Trip Advisor. We are more than happy with the satisfaction you experienced during your stay at the Red Roof Inn, Brunswick GA. We will continue to strive to make this a home away from home and look forward to seeing you on your future endeavors through Georgia. Thank you again.

Kind Regards,