“Red Roof Inn in Brunswick, GA”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Brunswick I-95
Ranked #26 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Albany
“Red Roof Inn in Brunswick, GA”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

This is the worst motel I have ever stayed in. It was priced low, so should have known. But you would expect this place to be better equipped in order to carry their name of Red Roof. Nothing worked. Broken sink, no electrical outlets. The stuff that did work was so outdated, the price was too high. The shower had a curtain that was mold infested and stale soap from another occupant.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
RedRoofInnCSR, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Brunswick I-95, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you for your feedback, I will share this with our staff so we can ensure that this is rectified. Were glad to let you know we are in the processing of renovating and would hope you would like to stay with us in the future. If you would like to speak directly to me please contact the property and asking for myself.

Sonal Patel
Red Roof Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Easley, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed here July 6, 2012. Room clean, bed comfortable. Water was lukewarm. Free breakfast was below average. Did not book online. Walk in rate was $59.95; online rate $48.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Pfishlady
Thank you for your feedback, yes we pride ourselves in a clean property. We hope you come and visit us again as we are excited about renovating the property. We also pride ourselves in bringing value to your stay, we are budget friendly but still maintain a continental breakfast and are currently looking into revamping that as well. Feel free to email at brunswickredroofinn@gmail.com any suggestions as we are currently modifiying our breakfast. We are seeking input from experienced travelers to gain their experience and their likes and dislikes.

Sonal Patel
Red Roof Inn
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

My husband and I stopped on our way down to Miami on our honeymoon. The price was great but the hotel smelled like smoke, the shower curtain was covered in mold, the toilet had hair and dirt around it, the towels were stained, and when you turned the lights off the air conditioner turned off. Horrible choice, we advise against this, even with the good price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

Stayed just one night 6/18/12.....arriving late, around 9:30ish. The room was clean enough, the shower was hot enough. I was disappointed with the "Deluxe Breakfast" which was advertised on the sign. I don't consider watered down apple juice(orange juice was out of order), lukewarm coffee, stale danish and toast deluxe at all!
We really just wanted to shower, sleep and fill our bellies as we drove north. I guess that the room price was right for what we received, but don't let the "Deluxe Breakfast" fool you! You will still need to take time to stop and eat in the am.

Room Tip: We had a poolside room and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Brunswick I-95, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are glad that you found your room clean and the shower hot. We strive to provide comfortable clean rooms with a good value for the guest in mind. Our current omplimentary breakfast includes hot waffles, cereal, pastries bread, juice and coffee. We are currently revamping our breakfast based on guest surveys we are conducting this month so next time the menu will most likely be different. We would love for you to come back in the future and test it out. Thank you again for taking the time to write your feedback.
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

Me and my family used this hotel for the weekend. I must say this was the most disgusting, nasty hotel I have ever stayed at. The air conditioner on the second floor hallway was not working. We was placed in our rooms that smelled like old dirty carpet. Then we was put in different rooms that smelled better but had roaches, empty drink can and cigarettes but on balcony. But then worst part was trying to go to sleep to smell your comforter and it smells like urine. The staff was no surprise by any of my complaints so that tells you something. I would not recommend this hotel to the dead.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. We encourage our guests if there are any problems to contact the front desk so issues could be resolved during your stay. I apologize if we did not meet your satisfaction. We would love to have you stay in the future as we are renovating our property and are excited about the updates.
Jesup, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

My fiance' and I decided to take a weekend trip after he came home for being away for a while. We mainly went to get away from home and for St. Simon's Island. When I looked up the distance within the beach, I was satisfied. I was also satisfied with the fact that they said there was a coffee maker in the room but when I arrived there wasn't one. Also, when I arrived they didn't have the hotel soap and shampoo out, but when I came back later they were there. Not that I use them, but it showed the room cleaning staff wasn't paying much attention. There also was not a toilet seat lid on the toilet. Breakfast was either cereal, toast, or a waffle with orange juice, apple juice, coffee, or milk. Not too much of a choice, Overall, the staff was very helpful and polite but I do not think my kind bed room was worth the $60 we paid. I could have gone somewhere else and payed an extra $10-$20 for something much nicer!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Corryna L
Thank you for your feedback and yes we are very close to St. Simons Island and Beach. We have may guest stay here and go to the island to enjoy the beach. We are currently renovating and revamping our complimentary breakfast however keeping in mind our guests budgets. Our rates are agressively competatively priced. We offer variety of rooms some of which include coffee makers and we have coffee in our lobby that we can make fresh for any guest. We pride our hotel in being an overall value for our guests. We would love for you to stay with us again.! Thanks again for your feedback.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

This is a bad hotel. For one the second floor doesnt have a ice machine. My room had someones hair on seat in the bathroom. Thats nasty. Over all i will not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012