“Nasty hotel no matter what the price.”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Brunswick I-95
Ranked #23 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Me and my family used this hotel for the weekend. I must say this was the most disgusting, nasty hotel I have ever stayed at. The air conditioner on the second floor hallway was not working. We was placed in our rooms that smelled like old dirty carpet. Then we was put in different rooms that smelled better but had roaches, empty drink can and cigarettes but on balcony. But then worst part was trying to go to sleep to smell your comforter and it smells like urine. The staff was no surprise by any of my complaints so that tells you something. I would not recommend this hotel to the dead.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We encourage our guests if there are any problems to contact the front desk so issues could be resolved during your stay. I apologize if we did not meet your satisfaction. We would love to have you stay in the future as we are renovating our property and are excited about the updates.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

My fiance' and I decided to take a weekend trip after he came home for being away for a while. We mainly went to get away from home and for St. Simon's Island. When I looked up the distance within the beach, I was satisfied. I was also satisfied with the fact that they said there was a coffee maker in the room but when I arrived there wasn't one. Also, when I arrived they didn't have the hotel soap and shampoo out, but when I came back later they were there. Not that I use them, but it showed the room cleaning staff wasn't paying much attention. There also was not a toilet seat lid on the toilet. Breakfast was either cereal, toast, or a waffle with orange juice, apple juice, coffee, or milk. Not too much of a choice, Overall, the staff was very helpful and polite but I do not think my kind bed room was worth the $60 we paid. I could have gone somewhere else and payed an extra $10-$20 for something much nicer!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Corryna L
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Thank you for your feedback and yes we are very close to St. Simons Island and Beach. We have may guest stay here and go to the island to enjoy the beach. We are currently renovating and revamping our complimentary breakfast however keeping in mind our guests budgets. Our rates are agressively competatively priced. We offer variety of rooms some of which include coffee makers and we have coffee in our lobby that we can make fresh for any guest. We pride our hotel in being an overall value for our guests. We would love for you to stay with us again.! Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

This is a bad hotel. For one the second floor doesnt have a ice machine. My room had someones hair on seat in the bathroom. Thats nasty. Over all i will not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 10, 2012

This hotel was the cheapest one of all listings on many hotel websites. They are in the process of painting some of the inside, but it is a clean, plain hotel. Good for a couple of nights, not much more. There are many dining choices in walking distance: Krystal, Starbucks, Burger King, McDonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, Wendy's just to name a few. There is also an IHOP in walking distance but I DO NOT recommend it. Our waitress was dirty/nasty looking and the food was horrible.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

Most hotels at this exit wanted over double the price I paid here! What a bargain and no hassles at the front to get the advertised rate.. A great room value considering the higher priced competition. Front desk help were also very friendly.. My only reccomendation is new hall carpet in the future.. Room was great.. Thanks Mike

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed May 26, 2012

It was the second time to stay at the Red Roof Inn. We have been there a year ago and it was not great at all. This time we got a room that was not cleaned - a housekeeping issue. We travel with a dog and it seems that at the Hotel Dog rooms are not cleaned at least not proper cleaned. The deluxe breakfast did not improve one bit. From our experience it is a small continental breakfast and we got at many locations a better breakfast. Is looks like that they serve a very limited quantity and we got beside a coffee nothing. So we checked out early and switched to the Hotel in the back.

Room Tip: Stay at an other Hotel, my best tip.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 16, 2012

stayed here for over a week,,,,,l have stayed here before.....the service was as good as before.. indoor coridors.....the bed was comfy clean....rooms good size,,,,with microwave ,fridge,tv,..bathroom..with red hot water(which l like)..and shower,,,,.cant stand hotels with warm water!....has a pool,,clean...few sun lougers chairs......is just off the i 95 but to be honest l never heard a thing....well maybee the odd truck passing....its 15 mins from saiint simons island ,jeckell the same....brunswick downtown no more that 10 mins......some good food places there and bakery cafes...nice breakfast room...breackfast included....toast waffe.cakes.jellies,butter.coffeee ,orange ,apple milk ,cereal,l enjoyed my stay.....and a big thanks to the reception..great service....with a smile thanks

Room Tip: my room was quiet,,,but l heard said that the ones facing the pool....was more so quiet
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Thank you for your thorough review and returning to visit our hotel, as we can see you are an avid traveler. We appreciate your positive feedback. Yes. our property is situated perfectly with lots of restaurants in walking restaurants including Cracker barrel, Ihop, Mac Donalds, and Subway and Exxon just a hop and skip away!!. We have a large outdoor pool in which we take pride in keeping clean with a resort type feel. We are currently remodeling our interior so hopefully, next time you visit for a long week, we will have those items renovated for you. Thank you again for staying with us a second time!!!