“Excellent value”
Review of Hotel Inn

Hotel Inn
Ranked #32 of 37 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Staff were all great. Quiet, comfortable beds, clean, good breakfast. Left briefcase containing money & passport which was returned by housekeeping in tact 2 hrs. later. Good location near restaurants & easy off & on highway. Great value and will certainly stay again.

Room Tip: rooms on parking lot side are quieter
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Caile B, General Manager at Hotel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for the great review! I’ll be sure to pass your comments onto our staff, they'll be thrilled! Hope to see you back soon.

Kindly,

Caile Mir
912.264.4033

Reviewed September 30, 2013

My stay was great , a piece full 2 day get away. From the time I checked in with Lindsey from the time the I checked out with Tamiy. The breakfast attendant was great a hotel with real scrambled eggs thumbs up. No complaints about room housekeeping does a great job. Very good location to everything . Keep up the great job clarion inn , I will be coming back....

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Kind Regards,

Caile Mir
912.264.4033

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Walked in, walked out. This place is disgusting. Musty, mildew-laden and dank. Our dog would not even sit on the bed. The carpet was stained and waxy, like crisco had been smeared in several years prior. Mold in the shower and probably in the ceiling tiles which look like some sort of birds nesting. I'm sure it is quite the haven for mites and fungus. Human Fluid stains on the furniture. The room was an assault on the senses, all of them. A 1 star rating is beyond kind. How is this building not condemned?

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2013

An "average" stay at best. Something highly unusual, they made us put a $50.00 deposit down to ensure we would not steal anything. Sort of an insulting policy.
The room was so-so, cleanliness OK. They had a bucket in the breakfast area catching a roof water leak. Seemed sort of unsanitary to say the least.
Overall condition of the property was NOT in keeping to Clarion standards in my opinion.
Yes, at check-out we did get our $50.00 back.

Room Tip: Personally, I'd go to the Comfort Inn just up the street.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2013

its so good to see hotels that are old make nice improvments.... new tvs,new beding kitchen will be open soon and so will the bar you know alot of hotels have theses things in them and dont even use them but like i said its nice to see old hotels tring to make a come back ...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Caile B, General Manager at Hotel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear William,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are glad you enjoyed your stay! We are pleased to hear that you have noticed the changes we are making in our property. We understand it is very important to our guest to have a nice, clean, up to date hotel to stay in while away from home.

We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in Brunswick, Georgia.

Kind Regards,

Caile Blair

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Many changes have been made to try to upgrade, many still have to be made. They are trying. We had 3 different issues during our stay, 2 got taken care of right away, the 3rd never did. Like I say, they are trying. They are now serving hot breakfast. The pool was big and clean. Guests like to drink beer and leave their cans laying around. It takes a long time for staff to get them cleaned up do to there heavy work load.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This motel is simply awful. It is a large older conference style motel property - it might have started out as a Holiday Inn - and much of it still looks like it did in the early seventies. It appears the owners are trying, as there are some small touches like new draperies, and bedspreads. Unfortunately, the more expensive and badly needed maintenance, like the peeling paint on the ceilings, inoperable door locks, and badly stained carpets are not being addressed. The place is just filthy. I decided not to stay the night after I checked in, and drove on into the night to make it home.

I really blame the Choice Hotel Group for not establishing stricter brand standards for their hotels. I'm not even sure that the Clarion Inns have a standard, but I have never seen a good one.

Stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you need a cheap room, check out the Super 8 next door.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business