“Stay somewhere else”
Review of Hotel Inn

Hotel Inn
Ranked #31 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We booked through Hotwire and was told it was going to be at least a nice 3 star hotel. We checked in around 12am on 12/29 after a few days down in Disney. When we went in the tiles on the ceiling were dirty over one of the beds there was water damage on the ceiling as well down the wall and to the point the paper was starting to bubble. The tub was nasty and so was the grout in the bathroom. We were very tired and have a 2yr old, had everything unpacked and she was sleeping and didnt change rooms but really dont see how it would have made much of a difference. I did call and let Hotwire know that the start rating needed to be changed to a 2star because it was far from a 3. There are several other hotels very close and I would recommend staying at one of those and by passing this one.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Caile B, General Manager at Hotel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear Guest, Please accept our genuine apologies for the issues that you have encountered during your stay as they are not up to our standards. I appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to my attention and apologize for any inconvenience the condition of the room may have caused you. Our front desk staff would have been more than happy to change your room no matter how late it was. I have addressed these issues with our housekeeping and maintenance departments. If you are traveling back into this area please feel free to contact me directly as we would like an opportunity to earn back your business and rectify this past stay. Thank you and we hope you have a wonderful day.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed here on a Monday night after driving for 9 hrs. Our 1st impression was how nice the lobby looked with Xmas trees and decorations. We were warmly greeted and checked in quickly by Maryann. She even gave us menus and suggestions for dinner, all within walking distance of the motel. The room was neat and clean with a new comforter on the king bed. Ice machine close. There is a small exercise room and a computer and printer in the lobby for guest use. Breakfast was above average and kept clean and stocked. When we checked out, Maryann advised us new owners had taken over and were trying to make alot of improvements. Keep up the good work! We would recommend this for the (internet) price over the multiple choices at this exit. This type of operation is one that gives the Choice hotel chains a good name, as an above par facility.

Room Tip: Back side of motel facing Rodeway Inn, no noise.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to convey your observations about our Clarion Inn and the new direction to TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate the feedback you have provided. Your wonderful remarks will be shared with our staff. It is our pleasure to always attend to all the needs of our guests. I can't thank you enough for all of your kind words about our hotel. I hope we welcome you again in the near future. Have a pleasant week and Happy new year!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Close to I 95, we stayed one night. The hotel has a small gym, an outdoor pool and free breakfast that was more than adequate. We were able to get an extended check out the next day. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for these wonderful comments and for taking the time to share this valuable feedback on our Clarion Inn brand with TripAdvisor readers who, like us, rely so much on customer feedback such as yours. On behalf of the entire team I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to recognize the service you received. We are all happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to have the pleasure of serving you in the near future.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

We loved the decor of the lobby. The front desk clerk was very nice to us. Suggested a very good seafood restaurant right next store. We got a very good price for a king room. The room was very clean and the bedding was very comfortable. Will stay here again on the way back home.

Room Tip: Right of off I-95. Perfect pit stop to Florida.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Just a lucky pick off I-95, that's what I call my stay at the Clarion. I had been driving for 6 hours and I was tried and ready to rest up. Pulled off the exit and what caught my eye was the nice Christmas decor I could see from the highway. It looked fun and inviting. The front desk clerk was nice as he could be. They had fresh cookies in the lobby and my check-in was short and sweet. My room was delightful and clean. The bed was really good and the sheets smelled so clean! The morning front desk clerk Maryann was so sweet and even offered to make my waffle for me. They had many options for breakfast, and I was surprised at all the hot choices being that it was FREE! I have never stayed at a Clarion Inn before and needless to say I enjoyed it! I will be staying here again on my way back from Florida, no doubt about it!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest, We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay, and felt welcomed by our team. We take pride in ensuring that each and every guest feel welcome. Thank you for noticing our front desk staff members efforts. We really appreciate all the nice comments and will be sure to share them with the rest of the staff! Thank you for staying with us. We are looking forward to your next stay! Have a great week.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

In early November, I was driving with my sister from Baltimore to Ft. Lauderdale and stayed at this property. To say there are MANY choices would be an understatment. I had not done this drive before, and was amazed at how motels there are!

We chose it randomly, but were very impressed. The front desk personnel was VERY friendly and other employees were so kind and accomodating. It is under new management and they are really trying to make it a very comfortable place for an overnight's stay.

Also, the breakfast buffet is a cut above the other chain we stayed in the night before.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest, I can't thank you enough for all your kind words about the Clarion Inn hotel. We are moving in a new direction and we thank you for noticing. My staff and I are thrilled that we have gained you as a loyal guest. We strive in having our guests feel the 'Southern Hospitality' the moment they arrive! We are pleased to know your room was comfortable and you enjoyed our new breakfast selections. Thank you again for sharing your compliments with TripAdvisor. I hope we may welcome you in the near future!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Our family pre-planned a stay here for stop on way to Florida. Since it was a "stop and sleep" place, it was ok, but nothing great to get excited about. The free breakfast was mediocre at best, but pleased the kids. Rate was $54/night (AAA rate), however they did not honor 50% off Entertainment discount coupon I had (asked at reservation time and again when I checked in & checked out). They said they honored the discount, but actually they still charged me for the AAA rate. The manager wasn't on site to discuss the matter (so was told).

Room Tip: Hotel is RIGHT beside the interstate, so request room on opposite side of the interstate.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family