“possibilities” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Augusta, Georgia
“possibilities”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

First of all for a hickl town, this Clarion surrounded by other lesser hotels was a show piece. the room was clean , nice , the pillows nice, they could have mixed 2 firm and 2 soft , so it would be a nice mix of the 4 pillows the comforter was like AWESOME< the bed was made so well I did not realize ther was a topsheet adn thinner blanket , we had to compromise the ac cause the comforter was warm and likl I said the bed was military made KUDOS, they had a lounge that was setup 50's-60's hipster style that reminded me of the shark bar or other sweet little lounges in my beloved Big apple but the close it down , I think if they otehr hotels supported it the travelers at the other hotels would back it , overall too much stuff to say . STAY AT THA CLARION IN BRUNSWICK . oH OK MAY THEY CAN ADD A MEAT LIKE TURKEY BACON TO THE BREAKFAST BUT OTHER TAHN THAT REALLY AWESOME EXPERIENCE

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank ninjadoc47

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Lancaster
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

We first stayed at the Clarion in Brunswick last year on a trip to Florida. At that time we found the place to be very acceptable - the room was nice, reasonably priced and they had a nice pool. We had already decided to stay there again this year. Boy were we shocked how much it gone downhill since last year! The desk clerk gave me my room key card (he was very nice and helpful) and I went to check out the room. I could not get the cards to work no matter how I tried them. I went back to the front desk and the clerk gave me 2 new keys - again no luck. I went back and he decided to move us to another room.
This time after several tries I did get the key to work - I wish it hadn't. Upon entering the room I noticed a musty smell and there were spots of something (mold I think) all over the floor. I went back to the front desk and told the clerk what happened and asked him to just cancel us and we would look elsewhere. He obliged and told me he didn't blame me. then offered me a discount which I declined. Honestly, i wouldn't have stayed there if it were free. I'm generally not that picky, but I have never been so disgusted with a hotel room in my life. Overall the place just looked very run down and poorly maintained - from the trouble with the locks to the doors looking beat up and loose. We ended up at the Ramada next door - it was excellent.

Room Tip: Stay away from this place
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MAMCS
Cleveland, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

Having a down-and-out room is always convenient. The room wasn't too dirty, but it wasn't sparkling clean either. There was a faint odor in the room that was difficult to identify.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank advocon
Wrightsville, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2011

This was the host hotel for my wedding party and guest as well as my reception. THE STAFF WAS FANTASTIC! The rooms were clean and tidy. The pool area was clean and well liked by all of our guests. The banquet room was GREAT for our wedding reception! The only reason they did not get 5 stars was the breakfast and I advised them to add more! YOU CAN NOT BEAT THE PRICE AND AMENITIES THIS CLOSE TO THE OCEAN! CANNOT WAIT TO RETURN...

THE CLARKS

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2011

I stayed heere couple of times the first time was not as great but the second time was good they improved the place. The beds are great and the Staff where helpful I forgot my toothpaste and aske the front office they where glady to give me some Ill come back to stay at this place again

• Stayed January 2011
Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2011

The room was "ok". their free breakfast was substandard, and definitely should not be called, "Deluxe"! They only had lukewarm coffee/tea, boxed cereal, bad frozen fruit mix, a pitcher of lukewarm milk & orange juice, very tiny bagels, 3 kinds of gooey packaged rolls, and bread. There were no large plates available, no TV, no fruit, no yogurt, no waffles, no eggs, no sausage. To get to the breakfast, you have to go outside the motel to another building.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travelalot963
MICHIGAN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2011

Friday night - checked in - quickly at 11pm - rooms in back are mor difficult to get to - stairs with a big suitcase stinks! Better off asking for a front ODD number room in the 100's! Didn't make it to the continental breakfast - can't tell you about that - but nice new heavy down comforter and lots of pillows and towels - tv worked good fridge and microwave like new in room - very modern and updated!! Got a better price when chekcing in than when looking online throught the website or expedia!! 2 beds in a room are full/double NOT queen, double check that!! Safe in room, pool not active it is very green and gross! If staying longer - there is a fishing pond by the highway with ducks etc. Overall a very nice stay - there is a bar/restaurant nearby that starts music around midnight - but if you have your fan on the a/c or tv on you don't hear it at all - with it off you hear bass and some light music!! We were here on a Friday though!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family