Embassy Suites by Hilton Brunswick
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
M-Star Brunswick(Brunswick)
Days Inn(Brunswick)
1,091 results
All reviewsevening receptionmovie theaterruby tuesdaysshopping mallmade to order breakfastomelet stationexcellent staybreakfast was excellentthe entire staffgreat place to staycomplimentary breakfastjekyll islandfront desk staffwafflesgolden islesparking lotstaff was friendly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 28, 2009

This was the first leg on the road trip to Miami to board the Carnival Destiny. This hotel was a gem! The check-in was seemless (@ 1:00am). We arrived to our room to find one opps! No shower curtain? No problem. Donna the night auditor had the gentleman that was with her bring one up took about 4 mins. (seemed like 20 cause I was so tired from driving down the 95 cooridor from central Virginia). The breakfast was great. The selection included grits, oatmeal, waffles, eggs, all together a great spread. The attendants were wonderful.

The hotel has Precor exercise equipment that is fantastic. The room is a little dark (no windows), but it keeps you focused.

This is a great hotel and I would recommend it to all who are traveling through or have small children. Embassy always has two beds seperated and two TVs.

ONE minor complaint: High Speed Wireless internet connectivity is only for Hilton Honors Gold or higher guest. If you do not qualify, you have to pay $10.00 a day. Hilton it is time to update your profile. This type of service should be offered free to all guest. I was just visiting Hartford, CT and the city has FREE Hi-Speed Wireless (at least the DOWNTOWN Area). Hilton step it up a notch.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sean m
SalesMGREMBSYBWK, Sales Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2009

Dear Guest;
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us in November 2009 - without input from valued guests, such as yourself - we would not learn how it is that we can grow to meet & exceed expectations.
We are thrilled that you made us your Hotel of choice while travelling through Brunswick & the Golden Isles on your way to board your Cruise, hope it was a fantastic time! Also, we are very glad that our TEAM members worked to resolve your issue quickly & efficiently – always great to hear that, even when there are unwanted ‘issues’…
Also, I have personally taken action with regards to your Hilton Honors account and noted that you do not wish to pay for internet, understandable. Therefore in the future, when staying at the Embassy Suites Hotel of Brunswick, you should not experience any charges with regards to internet service, our guarantee.
We will very much look forward to accommodating & welcoming you and your friends & family back when travelling thru Brunswick & the Golden Isles of Georgia ~ have a prosperous New Year!
The entire TEAM - Embassy Suites Hotel
Brunswick & the Golden Isles of Georgia

Reviewed November 22, 2009

Last month, my husband and I got to take an exciting one night trip to Brunswick, Georgia. Although Brunswick, Georgia is a tourist destination, particularly in the summer months, we were not going there to take a dip in the Atlantic Ocean (and yes, it was still warm enough to do that in late October). The reason for our trip to Brunswick was to visit the port, where my car was waiting to be picked up.

We flew down to Brunswick on a Delta flight and arrived at the tiny Brunswick airport about 9:00pm. It turns out the Brunswick airport is quite beautiful, but from what we could tell, there is only one flight destination offered on one carrier. Delta flies to and from Atlanta and Brunswick three times a day.

In any case, because my husband collects HiltonHonors Points, we pre-booked a stay at the Embassy Suites Brunswick for one night. One thing to know about Brunswick is that there aren't a whole lot of taxis to be had, especially at night. The airport also lacks an ATM machine, which my husband needed because he neglected to get cash in Atlanta. On the advice of the lady at the Avis car rental counter, we approached a taxi driver for a ride to the Embassy Suites. He said he could take payment from a credit card.

Our ride to the Embassy Suites was a little scary, since the taxi driver seemed a bit scatterbrained. Nevertheless, we arrived at the property at about 10:00pm. The taxi driver said he would prefer to be paid in cash, so my husband went into the hotel to see if he could find an ATM. The Embassy Suites Brunswick is connected to a shopping mall, so ordinarily, we would have been able to get some cash. However, the mall was closed and there wasn't an ATM in the lobby, so my husband ended up having to ride with the cabbie to a bank while I checked us into the hotel.

Checking in

Check in went very smoothly. I handed my credit card to the gentleman behind the counter, and he assigned us a room on the fifth floor. I looked around at the huge lobby and could see that the Embassy Suites appeared to cater to business travelers. There were several conference rooms around the perimeter of the lobby and what looked like a bar or a restaurant to the side. The bar was closed, of course, and there was no one in the lobby at that late hour.

I took the elevator up to the fifth floor and entered our suite. Like all Embassy Suites, our room offered a bedroom and a sitting room, with televisions in each room. A window offered a view of the hallway and the large plaza like lobby below. The sitting room and bedroom was connected by a more narrow hallway with a bathroom and a counter area with a refrigerator and sink. I was pleased and surprised to find a letter addressed to my husband. The manager had left him a warm welcome note along with a single chocolate chip cookie. Internet access was available for an extra charge, but since we were just staying overnight, we opted not to bring the computer.

Once my husband paid the cabbie and arranged for him to take us to the dock the next day, he joined me in our room. He said he asked the desk clerk which room we were in and the clerk told him only after he showed some ID. I was glad to hear that the clerk had made sure my husband was who he said he was. It's good to know that the people at Embassy Suites are serious about the safety of their guests.

The decor

Our room was decked out in a beachy motif, with light blues and whites. The king sized bed was very comfortable as well.

The bathroom

The Embassy Suites Brunswick had a tub/shower combination. Pleasant lemon scented toiletries were left for our use. I decided to take a shower before bed and was dismayed that the hot water was slow in coming. Luckily, the weather was still pretty warm, so the tepid shower wasn't too much of a hardship. The next morning, my husband was able to take a hot shower with no problem.

Breakfast

Like all Embassy Suites, the Brunswick location offers a free hot breakfast. On our way down to the breafast area, we found a stack of USA Today newspapers. I grabbed one to read over scrambled eggs, bacon, and grits. My husband opted for an omelet, cheerfully made to order by a couple of cooks.

Quality is job one...

We checked out of the Embassy Suites Brunswick at about 10:00am and waited around for the scatterbrained taxi driver. As we were leaving, we noticed that the Embassy Suites actually has a shuttle to and from the airport. Had we known about it before our arrival, we could have been picked up by the hotel instead of having to deal with the taxi driver (although we both thought he was quite a character).

Some time after our stay, my husband was asked to fill out a survey. He commented that he wished he'd known about the shuttle and the lack of ATMs in the hotel itself, since he ended up being inconvenienced. Apparently, none of that information was on the Embassy Suites' Web site. Much to our great surprise, the manager of the hotel wrote back, apologized for putting us out, and gave us a full refund ($138), minus sales tax! So basically, our night at the Embassy Suites in Brunswick ended up being free of charge. Now that's customer service!

Other amenities

We didn't get to spend much time at this hotel, but I did notice a very small outdoor pool right next to the entrance. It was surrounded by a high wooden privacy fence and was still open in October. There is an exercise room, though I neither saw it nor used it. I also noticed a computer/business center in the lobby. Guests need only use their keycard to access it. Parking is also free and plentiful; the hotel is connected to a shopping mall, after all. When the mall is open, there are plenty of places to eat and shop as well, which makes the location very convenient, particularly for business travelers.

Would we stay again?

Yes we would. I would like to go back to Brunswick anyway, because it looks like a neat town and I've been itching to go to the beach for awhile. Flying to Brunswick from Atlanta certainly isn't cheap, but now that I have a new convertible, I can have a blast driving down there. And we know for certain that the manager at the Brunswick, Georgia Embassy Suites is serious about customer service, particularly for HiltonHonors members.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank knotheadusc

Dear Guest;
We are truly honored that you took the time to post your review of your stay with us in November 2009 - for without input from valued guests, such as yourself - we would not learn how it is that we can grow to meet & exceed expectations.
Please know that since we have learned of your experiences with regards to the following issues, we have made a point to correct the information, etc. that is given to our guests; ATM (or lack thereof at the Brunswick Airport), Taxi Service, & finally - being unable to find listed that our Hotel does indeed provide Airport Shuttle service complimentary to our guests, (during hours of operation).
We are sorry that our Airport did not have directional information with regards to the location of the ATM machine; I have personally contacted the proper authorities there and addressed this concern. We have also addressed the issues with the taxi service you encountered, directly with that provider and have instructed our entire TEAM to no longer suggest this service provider to our valued guests. And lastly, we have requested via Embassysuites.com - that the mention of our Hotel Shuttle be more visual on our home page and throughout our website. Thank you again for pointing out these very valid points, - it is because you took the time to express these concerns via Tripadvisor.com, we are able to address and correct these issues.
The entire TEAM - Embassy Suites Hotel
Brunswick & the Golden Isles of Georgia

Reviewed November 18, 2009

If you're looking for breakfast cooked to order you will do better at Denny’s down the street. The breakfast food was all pre-prepared, cold and tasteless and seemed to be all sitting out since early morning under the heated servers. A hot plate was set up in the bar area but, the bartender/ chef was pre occupied and no offer was made to prepare any food.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
SalesMGREMBSYBWK, Sales Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2009

Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experience via Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay. We are only able to address issues such as yours when we learn of them, it is to our dismay that we were not aware of this issue with your breakfast experience before you departed, as it would have certainly been our priority to address this for you and do whatever necessary to ensure your total satisfaction. Regardless, because of the comments you have shared with us, you can guarantee that this issue has been addressed and changes are being implemented to ensure this does not occur again, as all of our guests are truly valued. If you will please contact our General Manager at your earliest opportunity, as we would like to make this right for you. Again, thank you for your time and comments, as it is only when we are aware of issues are we able to address them and become the best we can be.
At your service,
The entire TEAM at Embassy Suites Hotel – Brunswick & the Golden Isles of Georgia

Reviewed October 29, 2009

We had an awesome stay at your Hotel! I have to say the best hotel stay I've had yet My husband and I have never been so impressed with the STAFF, SERVICE and FOOD anywhere!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
SalesMGREMBSYBWK, Sales Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2009

Wow, we are so very happy that you & your husband had a relaxing and enjoyable time with us. We are honored to have been a part of your plans and look forward to welcoming you both back with us in the very near future.
We will be sharing your wonderful comments with our TEAM at our weekly meeting, they all cheer and get HUGE smiles on their friendly little faces - it is a real morale booster!
At your service,
The entire Management and TEAM - Embassy Suites Hotel - Brunswick & the Golden Isles of Georgia

Reviewed September 27, 2009

I have stayed at this Embassy suites approximately five time and every time, the front desk service is professional and courteous. I have seen the rooms change from standard to luxury. The only issue with the rooms is that they do not have the modern Flat Televisions. The rooms are kept clean and housekeeping does a fine job. Housekeeping staff always greet guests as you walk the hallway. This hotel is perfect for relaxation. Out of the five times, I have been here, this is was the first time, I decided to sit by the pool area. Even though the pool area is small, it does serves its purpose. I would suggest purchasing new lounge chairs. When I went to sit down the chair, a nice housekeeping came over and handed me a towel for placing on the longe chair. I aso was disappointed that their was no fitness center. As for the breakfast, I have to admit, the buffet location is weird and inconvenient. This location is not convenient when their is a crowd. I also did have issue with the food temperature of the buffet food. However, the sitting area is extremely nice and employees are always attentive to the guests and cleaning the tables. As for the lobby, the lobby is plain but I have noticed that more plants have been placed than last year. I guess that is still work in progress. One of my biggest advantage of this hotel is that it is located in a mall and a Ruby Tuesday is right next to the hotel. I have a suggestion that I think all guests would enjoy, maybe the mangement of Embassy Suites could work together with Ruby Tuesday so that guests of the hotel could receive a 10% disocunt off their dinner check when an Embassy Suites Room Key is presented. I always enjoy staying here and will continue as it is worth the drive from I95. This hotel provides a good value for the service you receive.

• Stayed: August 2009
1  Thank goldenstrand
SalesMGREMBSYBWK, Sales Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2009

Dear Guest;
Thank you ever so much for taking the time to review us via Tripadvisor.com, you are greatly appreciated. We are honored that you have chosen to return to us when you visit the area & will look forward to welcoming you back for your future visits.
We also wanted to let you know that we do indeed have a fabulous fitness center, it is located near our Breakfast area - next, time you are with us, check out the glass etched with 'Precor Fitness' adjacent to the full buffet line - also, take a look at the photos online at our website, we think you will agree that our fitness center rivals much larger Embassy Suites throughout the nation.
We will be sharing your comments with our TEAM members, as we strive to make each and every guest feel 'at home' while visiting with us here in the Golden Isles of Georgia!
The entire TEAM - Embassy Suites Hotel, Brunswick & the Golden Isles