“Still A FLETC Favorite...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Brunswick

Embassy Suites by Hilton Brunswick
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
“Still A FLETC Favorite...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

I've read the other reviews... Yes - a few furnishings could be updated / decorations added / and a little new paint slapped on - but I still can't give this less than a 5. And here's why:

Check-in: Perfect. I got upgraded "just because"... Not because of status - just because they try to do it every so often... Who does that? I travel a lot and I can guarantee you - not too many. After the smooth check-in the front desk remembered my name - 48 hours later - still remembered my name... That's customer service... That's caring about your guests.

Bed & Bath: Perfect. Bed was soft and comfortable... Shower functionality was great... Towels clean... Housekeeping honored the request to stay out (I mention it because there have been others that ignored this request).

Televisions: Perfect. Two (2) huge ones... Worked perfectly

Conference room suite: perfect for private meetings... Can easily seat 8-10

Breakfast & Manager's Reception: Perfect... Great service very friendly and hospitable at both... Give the morning ladies a good tip - they make PERFECT omelets... Same for the evening bar staff - never missed a beat....

Location: Perfect... Simply convenient to everything...

Bottom line is this... If you're visiting or passing through, ignore the negative points you've heard / seen... I had an awesome stay ... And I will be back - in July...

Safe travels...

Room Tip: If they aren't booked - ask for a conference room suite...
2 Thank VA2Fargo2VA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Korean first
iowa city
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed here because it was a central location to the numerous day trips we had planned. The breakfast was amazing! The chef and staff were very friendly and we enjoyed seeing them every day. They also gave us good advice on places to go. We had mentioned in the booking that we were celebrating a "babymoon" we were so surprised to find a little baby toy and a bottle of sparkling cider chilled for us when we arrived. Such a lovely and sweet gesture and incidentally was also the first "gift" the baby received. We were pleased with the accommodations and enjoyed some relaxing evenings in our room.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Midville, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

The hotel is fair with an exceptional staff. The rooms are clean and the layout of the rooms are pleasant. The rugs are beginning to show signs of wear, and the AC units are tempermental. If you have early morning business, make plans to start 15 minutes earlier. This is needed due to the time it takes hot water to get to your room early in the morning.

2 Thank B Cameron J
Alachua
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

We recently stayed 2 night at the Embassy in Brunswick, Georgia. We have stayed at Embassy's before, and this one was a little outdated. Not sure there is much they can do about that, but I think that is worth mentioning in my review. Also, the pool area is very small and not maintained very well. Other than that, the stay was fine. The location is awesome because it is attached to the mall, so if you want to got to a movie or possibly Ruby Tuesday they are attached to the hotel. The free hot breakfast in the morning and cocktails in the evening are one of the things we love as we are a family of 5. Also, the staff was very nice, and it seemed like they're trying to renovate some of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Justin205
Atlanta, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

The hotel is very dated and the keys are just as dated to match. The AC could not get close to a comfortable temp. for late May and an ambient temp. that was not seasonably warm or hot. A general dampness in the room that matched the humidity, or what could be expected for a south Georgia hotel in late May, and did not make for a comfortable sleep night. The property was more difficult to find than it likely should have been and the parking situation (in a mall) is awkward and, depending on the time of arrival, could be very difficult to compete with the Sears customers. The FF&E are dated and the hotel, although remodeled within the past few years, is not what I have come to expect from an Embassy Suites-flagged property. A make-over is necessary before I consider this property again. I am a loyal Hilton members participant and stay in hotels more than 75 nights a year and this stay was one of the most uncomfortable that I have had in some years.

1 Thank James G
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

I was a little weary about this hotel because I read some bad reviews and I read some good reviews but I was glad I didn't cancel because of the bad reviews. This hotel was the best. We had a little situation with the plumbing (the toilet got clogged very easily) when we arrived but we alerted the front desk and it was fixed in a matter of minutes. The FREE breakfast was the best I ever had that was free. I know I keep mentioning my gluten intolerance in my post but this is a very important issue for me when I travel and eat out. Of course when eating out if the locations are not sure about their gluten items, I have to make a good judgement of what I don't think have gluten in them but the choices seemed simple and I stick to what I thought was safe. Breakfast at the hotel were eggs, bacon, made to order omelets, fresh fruit, yogurt, and for the folks who eat gluten, you have toast, waffles made to order, oatmeal and cereal as well. Most of the time with the free breakfast, you have bagels, cereal, maybe eggs and bacon that run out very fast but here, breakfast was supposed to be over at 10:30 on the weekends, we made it down at 10:25 and there was plenty left for the late bloomers. I'm not sure about the other complaints that I read about the mall but I enjoyed it. If you're from a major city with over crowded malls, the mall may bother you because its not the busiest but it served my needs. I needed my make up done for my wedding renewal ceremony and I walked into Belk and got it done. There are several other outlets or shopping centers located in the same area so if you want to spend your money, you shouldn't have a hard time doing so. Overall, my room was nice, the hotel was pleasant, breakfast did not disappoint, and I had a great stay.

Room Tip: We had the king suite that came with a sofa bed. We had a total of 5 in our party.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Brunswick, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

Everything that was listed in our stay was right on target. Best breakfast of any hotel that we stayed at. Try there omelets and waffles, delicious. There cocktail hour was first rate. Only real concern, no towel racks in the bathroom, that is it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brunswick
Hampton Inn & Suites Brunswick
Courtyard Brunswick
Courtyard Brunswick
#3 of 36 in Brunswick
BEST WESTERN PLUS Brunswick Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island
Holiday Inn Resort Jekyll Island
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Brunswick? Share your experiences!