“Nice surprise”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Brunswick
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had stayed at this hotel a few years ago and found it tired and rather run down. Not Anymore!! The hotel has been updated and is really quite nice. We were greeted warmly and recognized as a gold Hilton Honors member and a past guest. The manager's reception offered many beer and wine selections as well as mixed drinks along with plentiful snacks. Breakfast was good with many different offerings. Our room was newly updated, clean and comfortable. We will stay here again

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,079)

Reviewed August 10, 2013

This hotel is as pleasant as it is beautiful. I will be recommending it to friends. The breakfast is phenomenal and the rooms are very welcoming and comfortable. I slept great and it was very quiet and calming. I will be coming back for sure.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is a weird hotel, or at least a weird Embassy Suites compared to all the others we've stayed in... It is attached to a mediocre mall (Penney's, Sears, Belk). It is an enclosed "garden-style" hotel (the lobby is open up through the middle of the entire hotels and all the doors open onto balconies which look over the lobby) so it was pretty noisy at night when people were hanging out in the lobby below. I don't know what this hotel used to be but it definitely used to be something else - maybe a Holiday Inn or something. The room had that damp musty smell, although everything seemed clean. On the positive side it was a pretty good value, and the check-in staff and dining staff were very sweet. Breakfast was ok - the usual spread plus an omelet station. We would stay here again if we had to but would probably prefer to stay up the road outside Savannah next time we are heading up or down I-95. The highlight of staying there was an awesome and very authentic Mexican meal just down the road at La Salsa Taqueria. If you're in the area and love Mexican and don't mind a bit of a dive for an economical meal, go!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I am a repeat, satisfied customer! Breakfast is always hot and just the way I like it. Conveniently located in the mall, so if the weather is bad, we are not stuck in our room with nothing to do. We always browse the mall and food court and attend the movies on the premises at least once during our stay each time. Staff is courteous and always helpful. I go so often now, they know my face! Mickey is always there working when we visit, and he always greets us with a smile.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Previously I stayed either on Jekyll or St. Simon Island when visiting this part of Georgia so I decided to try Brunswick. Was a bit disappointed to see the location behind a Mall - lots of concrete. However, the front desk was welcoming, and the staff remained helpful and friendly throughout our stay. This is the first time I've stayed at Embassy Suites, and I do like the concept of two separate areas with a TV in each. My big complaint was that the plants were in bad shape, and if they had a company contracted to tend to their plants, that company should be fired. If you need to look out at a great scenery, this is not the place. However if you are looking for a clean place at the great price or if you have many mouths to feed, you do get a reasonable breakfast included in the price of the stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband and I had an event at St. Simons on Saturday but decided to come up Friday night to and make a weekend out of it. I used Hilton rewards points for our stay, but it would have been worth the cost their charge to pay for our room. The amenities were great and the staff was wonderful. We really enjoyed our stay here and would do so again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2013

It was Awesome, clean rooms, accommodating staff and excellent price. Staff went beyond call of duty. The rooms were clean and smelled fresh very up date in terms of appearance. Would recommend any to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business