“Wow, what great improvements”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Brunswick
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Clinton MD
“Wow, what great improvements”
Reviewed April 28, 2008

Just had an incredible stay in the newly remodelled Embassy! They have really upgraded, have stayed there many times in the past but this was far above expectations. They have gone all out to make this a quality place to stay. My hats off to the Embassy in Brunswick---well done!

• Liked — Room remodelling
  • Disliked — liked it all
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Korean first
Maryland
Reviewed April 26, 2008

Hotel is top of the line and is getting better due to renovations which have made the rooms very comfortable and appealing. They are keeping up the Hilton quality name. The management is doing something right as they have instilled the customer service and pride in all the employees from the front desk to the custodial staff - they are great. Have booked conferences there and there has been no glitches at all. Recommend this hotel for individual or large groups.

• Liked — Clean and spacious rooms with comfortable beds and living area
  • Disliked — There was nothing wrong
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed November 1, 2007

My husband and I stayed here on 10/25/07 with our 21 month old twins. We used this hotel as a stopping point for our trip from Knoxville to Cocoa Beach, FL.

I can understand some of the negative reviews, but honestly, I was expecting this place to be an utter dump. We booked it using my husband's Hilton HHonors points, so it while it was basically free, I was still wary. I was pleasantly surprised. Yes, it was a little dated, but it's a hotel in a busy coastal area. It's going to be dated and worn.

We had a 3rd floor room overlooking the atrium side of the lobby. The room was quiet and clean. The beds were uncomfortable, and not a typical "Hilton" bed, but we made do. The breakfast in the morning was nice. It was crowded, but we were able to take our trays back to the room. I didn't see any highchairs, but I didn't ask an attentdant either. The staff in the breakfast area were very helpful and attentive. They had a pretty nice spread. While we were there, the omelet bar was not open, but someone was going table-to-table taking omelet orders.

I was planning on booking this property anyway at $99 a night (what was being offered at Hilton's site). I discovered I was able to book using my husband's points, so I went that route instead. Even if we weren't able to stay here on points, I would definitely consider staying here in the future.

This place has gotten so many bad reviews that I was really nervous about staying here, but it was fine. It wasn't amazing by any means, but according to my husband, who is always staying in Embassy Suites, this place was on par for an older ES.

• Liked — Breakfast Staff
  • Disliked — Uncomfortable Beds
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank megwilliams
Jekyll Island, Georgia
Reviewed September 19, 2007

This was my second time staying at this hotel. They did allow pets and my family and I (along with our little dog) stayed for two nights just this past weekend. It was not a bad stay, except for a poor internet connection that they charged for. Now my job is relocating me to Brunswick and we planned on booking an extended stay (30+ days) at the same hotel until we were ready to move into our new home. When checking the rates on-line I noticed that the “pets allowed” icon was no longer present. I called the hotel and they advised me that they stopped allowing pets beginning August 1st. I know that is not true because we were just there with our pet one-week ago.

This is truly disappointing. People rely on hotels that allow them to travel with their pets. If this is direction that Hilton hotels are going, I will never stay with them again. There are many other hotel names that gladly welcome their guests and their beloved pets. I am sure if Paris Hilton herself were to arrive with her little hand-carry pooch, she would not be turned away.

Goodbye Hilton

• Liked — Friendly staff and great breakfast
  • Disliked — Poor internet and now NO PETS ALLOWED
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank alanandmila
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brunswick
Hampton Inn & Suites Brunswick
Hampton Inn St. Simons Island
#1 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
Holiday Inn Resort Jekyll Island
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Brunswick? Share your experiences!