“Exceeded my expectations” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
“Exceeded my expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2011

From the outside, I wasn't expecting much. So I was pleasantly surprised by the bright clean rooms. The space was much bigger than expected. The bathroom was beautiful. We were able to put the kids in the other room with a pull out couch and their own tv. The beds were fluffy and very comfortable. Overall I was thrilled and will definitely recommend to family and friends!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SalesMGREMBSYBWK, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Brunswick, responded to this review, May 26, 2011
We are thrilled that your family enjoyed their recent stay with us here at the Embassy Suites Hotel of Brunswick & the Golden Isles of Georgia! Giving you & your family MORE of what you really want & expect when travelling, is our main focus and we are pleased that we achieved that goal during your visit....

We look forward to welcoming you and the 'fam' back whenever you are travelling our way again in the near future!

At your service,
The entire TEAM & Management, Embassy Suites Hotel of Brunswick & the Golden Isles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Korean first
Brunswick, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2011

We are a local manufacturer of industrial equipment and had all of our sales training participants stay at the Embassy. All reported that everything was great. It was very easy for me, especially the free shuttle to the air-port pickup at the local airport.

At one point, one of our drivers picking up the participants was going to be late. I called the Hotel and they were able to gather the group and deliver them no questions asked. This is kind of service that earns the title of the thread. These days, makings easier is what I am all about!!!

Thanks again.

Eddie O.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SalesMGREMBSYBWK, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Brunswick, responded to this review, April 15, 2011
It was indeed an honor and a pleasure welcoming & accommodating your training team recently at the Embassy Suites Hotel of Brunswick & the Golden Isles of Georgia.
How wonderful it is to learn that we 'made it easier' for you during your meetings and training ~ easing some of that stress is our goal and we will share with our TEAM members that we did just that for you and for your associates.
Again, we are honored to have assisted in making your recent training meetings a success and look forward to many years of partnership in the future ~ here's to continued success!
The Sales Office and entire TEAM - Embassy Suites Hotel
Brunswick & the Golden Isles of Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2011

Located in a mall. Nasty. Outdated. Did not seem like a safe place to park your car.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank Didwehavecorn
SalesMGREMBSYBWK, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Brunswick, responded to this review, April 15, 2011
Thank you so very much for taking the time to post your thoughts regarding our Hotel, the Embassy Suites Hotel of Brunswick & the Golden Isles of Georgia.
We are sorry that you did not like the fact that we are attached to the Glynn Place Shopping Mall - many of our guests like this aspect for the convenience of the location as we are just across from the Glynn Place Movie Theater with 12 screens. As well, the Ruby Tuesday's Restaurant is near the Theater, where you can choose to dine-in the Restaurant or take advantage of our in-Suite dining service provided.
Please be rest assured that our parking lot as well as the Hotel and adjoining Mall, do provide 24 hour top-notch security. As well, we accommodate some of the Nation’s finest Federal & Local agents due to our close proximity to the Federal Law Enforcement Training Facility - we are honored to accommodate these folks as well as our Military during all times of the year.
Our 2 Room Suites, Business Center, and Fitness Center were all recently completely renovated and a full scale renovations project is scheduled for our Lobby/Atrium beginning in May of 2011 ~ completion is estimated to be end of Summer / early Fall 2011. We are excited to extend a return invitation to you and your family / friends to 'give us another try' then. Please contact our Management to discuss any issues that you may have experienced which you do not mention, during your recent stay with us - as it is our goal to ensure your complete satisfaction.
The entire TEAM - Embassy Suites Hotel
Brunswick & the Golden Isles of Georgia
Forestville, Maryland, USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2011

When I walked in, it just didn't feel like the Hilton brand. It looked like it but the service didn't feel like the "top notch" service that you normally receive at a Hilton Property. As a Diamond member, I primarily stay at Hilton properties via my choice because they are consistent in FABULOUS customer service.
The good - the rooms were nice, the business office was nice and everything was in working order. Exercise room was good too - all equipment in working order. But shouldn't it be? Mike in banquet was good about attending to our catering needs.

So why didn't it feel like a Hilton Brand?

1) At check in - the Front Desk clerk didn't recognize me as a Diamond member (okay big deal) but she did speak out loud my room number. Not cool. As a solo female traveler, this in inappropriate for security reasons. I can read - if you print clearly - the room number, thank you very much.

2) At breakfast, I asked where the jam was after looking all over the place for it. When I asked, I was "pointed" to where it was(n't). After I said " I guess "someone" forgot to put it out" - that's when they acted on it. I was surprised that at 6: 20 am, there was no hint of a set up. I walked past it on the way to the gym

3) I was there to conduct a seminar for my client - On the day of my seminar, I asked to eat lunch in room and then check out at 12: 30 pm, they stated that I would need to return to the front desk at noon to re-key my card. At every hotel on the planet, they re-key it then - so that you DON'T have to to come back. I found out when I did return that my key was good until 2pm anyway.

4) I asked where my meeting room was, since there were no signs. They sent me to the wrong meeting room. When I got there, it was locked. I had to call someone to open the door - Why can't they be proactive to make sure that the room's open or say "We'll have someone open it for you - here's a card - just call us if it's locked" ? I guess they wanted me to come alllll the way to the front desk to ask to unlock the room that wasn't even the right meeting room.

5) After sending a few participants to the wrong meeting room, they finally put up signs directing people where the seminar AFTER they were already in the meeting room. I would have put up signs (and did on the seminar door) but there was no where to put it as soon as folks came in. Again a leader board or a stand would have been helpful by at least 8:00 am.

6) I noticed the the restrooms lacked toilet paper and it was getting quite messy. So I requested at the front desk and they say it would be handled. It never was, while I was there.

7) Then to top it off- the creme de la creme - the Sales Manager/Banquet manager at the VERY END of the day when everyone is gone comes by to see how "everything went today". What's the point?

I think head office should be aware of this lack of pro activity and re-training from Management down need to addressed - because frankly - it just didn't feel like a Hilton.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank spachick
We wish to sincerely apologize you did not feel the Hilton Brand of excellence while staying at our property. I do apologize for the delay in responding to your review but we wanted to have a manager’s meeting about your experience so we could let you know what measures we have taken to ensure this doesn’t happen in the future.

We have several new associates at the Front Desk; however this is no excuse for the inconveniences and security problems you experienced. We have met as a management team and the Front Desk Manager is aware of the issues. We as a policy should never mention a guest’s room number out loud and I apologize this happened to you. We also value our Hilton Honors members, especially our Diamond members, and we apologize you were not recognized as such. We do hope you received your amenities in the room. Our front desk has been made aware as well of the key policy, for future reference they know when a key expires.

Our breakfast personnel are usually very proactive in ensuring customer service and have been made aware that “pointing” out items is unacceptable. Sometimes because our breakfast area is laid out differently than other Embassy Suites it can appear set up is not taking place and we will be more proactive about this in the future as well.

Unfortunately, your meeting room was changed due to unforeseen circumstances and this was not conveyed to the front desk in a timely manner. We appreciate you making us aware that this happened so that we will communicate in a timelier manner. The meeting rooms are typically opened before a group arrives but as you were erroneously sent to the wrong one it was of course locked, and for that we apologize. As for the signs those are typically put out the night before but because of the lobby set up sometimes they are hard to see. We have as a result of your review changed the policy and appreciate you bringing this to our attention so that we can correct it. Our Sales Department typically meets with the facilitator of meetings before and after the meeting as we do not like to interrupt during the meeting. We will in the future ask the facilitator beforehand if they would like us to check in during the meeting as we wish to ensure complete satisfaction.

We typically have a house person check the restrooms several times a day to ensure it is well stocked and clean. During our manager’s meeting the housekeeping supervisor was made aware this did not happen during your stay & meetings and has spoken to the employee on duty.

We appreciate all feedback from our guests, whether it is positive or negative as it helps us grow as a team, and more importantly as a Hilton Brand Hotel. Your feedback has brought several issues to our attention and we will use this feedback to ensure things are handled per the Hilton standards in the future.
Please contact our Director of Sales or the General Manager, as we would like to discuss what measure we can take to make this right for you in the future. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hearing from you soon!
Jupiter, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2011

As a first timer at an Embassy Suites, I was pleasantly surprised. Clean, lots of room, and great access to the connected mall with a movie cinema directly thru the doors of the hotel. Hotel staff was accommodating and friendly. Complimentary breakfast was one of the better ones - have your omelette made to order, potatoes, grits, etc. If staying in Brunswick, this was a great place to stay!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your thoughts on your stay with us this past March ~ our apologies that we have not responded sooner...
We are honored and pleased that you enjoyed your stay - and will be looking forward to welcoming you back upon your next stay with us...
Have an awesome summer ~ and best wishes from the entire TEAM at the Embassy Suites Hotel of Brunswick & the Golden Isles of Georgia!!!
Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2011

I stayed at this hotel while on a business trip. It offers the typical perks of an Embassy Suites which made the stay comfortable (free breakfast and happy hour). The rooms include a separate living room, flat screen tv's, small fridge, and microwave which are greater for longer stays. Also, the hotel is attached to a mall so you don't have to go too far to pick things up. The only downfall is that it appears to be a little bit older of an Embassy Suites.

Overall, I think it's probably one of the better hotels in Brunswick and would recommend it to others traveling to the area.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
SalesMGREMBSYBWK, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Brunswick, responded to this review, March 22, 2011
We are certainly pleased to learn that your recent business trip to the Golden Isles of Brunswick, Georgia was an opportunity to accommodate you during your stay. As well, we are so very happy that while you were with us, you enjoyed our recently updated Two Room Guest Suites with the new 42" Hi-Def Flat Screen Televisions in both the living room area and separate bedroom area. Our full cooked-to-order breakfast & complimentary evening reception are truly a great value for today’s business traveler as well as families on a budget.
We are happy to announce that beginning in May of this year (2011), renovations will begin on our Lobby/Atrium areas as well as our Breakfast / Evening Reception spaces - we expect that the final product will be the envy of others as well & will look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to our area.
Again, thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts on your recent stay, we always learn so much from all of our guests!
At your service,
Director of Sales/Marketing - Embassy Suites Hotel of Brunswick & the Golden Isles of Georgia
NoVa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2011

This hotel is centrally located - in fact, it is literally attached to the mall. That's both convenient and bothersome. My room was on the side of the hotel attached to the mall, so I had a view of the mall roof and the A/C systems sounded like prop planes getting ready to take off, which is annoying. The breakfast and free evening drinks are nice, and the rooms are very spacious, with a very comfortable (and nicely firm) bed. The stafff means well but is under (or un) informed about local restaurants and services. One morning one of the only 2 elevators was clearly not working. When I walked up to the front desk to mention it, the clerk stood there reading a book while I waited. One day we had no water from noon to 7 p.m. Another day I had to tell them one computer in the business center wasn't working and that the printer was out of ink. These are things the staff should be proactive about, not wait for customers to tell them about.

1 Thank erinzmom
SalesMGREMBSYBWK, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Brunswick, responded to this review, March 18, 2011
Thank you so very much for taking the time to express your comments on your recent stay at our Hotel, Embassy Suites Hotel of Brunswick & the Golden Isle of Georgia.
While we are very happy that you enjoyed the comfort of your Suite, our bedding, the breakfast and evening reception ~ we are also sorry to hear of the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay, mainly regarding the lack of knowledge and assistance that you received from our TEAM members at our Front Desk. We do have several new employees at our Front Desk, however - this is definitely not an excuse for the issues you encountered, and thus we humbly ask that you forgive us for our shortcomings during your recent stay. If you can, please contact either our General Manager or the Sales Office, as we would like to make this right for you.

Embassy Suites Hotel of Brunswick & the Golden Isles of Georgia
Management Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brunswick
Hampton Inn & Suites Brunswick
Courtyard Brunswick
Courtyard Brunswick
#3 of 36 in Brunswick
BEST WESTERN PLUS Brunswick Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island
Holiday Inn Resort Jekyll Island
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Brunswick? Share your experiences!