“Poorly maintained dirty room”

Comfort Inn I-95 North
Ranked #18 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
canada
“Poorly maintained dirty room”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I pass through Brunswick GA twice a year and have stayed at this hotel before. This room I got was dirty and poorly maintained. The security latch on the door was broken and fell off when I entered the room - the room smelled of urine - the carpet was very warn and seemed dirty - the bathroom was filthy and all the calking around the tub and sink was dirty and moldy. I stayed the night only because I was exhausted, but I slept in my cloths that night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is the kind of hotel you see and run from!!!!!! It's walls in rooms are torn,the toilets leak the water leaves you smelling like swear, the staff is rude and inconsiderate. Chairs are put together with nails and screws that come out of the chair. They also seem to allow prostitutes to spend a night... If you are traveling far and need to spend a night to rest DON'T bother staying here God only knows what you will take home. Want a nice place to stay I recommend the Hampton Inn & Suites on exit 38

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Janicemrosas

Travelers are raving about these Brunswick hotels

Fayetteville, NC
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My wife and I were traveling to Florida for Easter weekend and needed a place. To stop for the night. This stop was for only 8 hours and we just needed somewhere to sleep. This was not a 5 star facility but, for $70, I got a clean room and the rest that I needed. I had no probl with the facility.

• Stayed March 2013
Ebony, Virginia
Reviewed March 31, 2013

First went to Microtel and they were $89.95 a night. Told them no thanks. Went to Comfort Inn and was quoted $69.95 for a suite that the people had just cancelled out on. Quiet, clean, had king bed, microwave, refrigerator, LG tv AND they gave you a sheet with the tv channels on it with the wireless internet password info so you didn't have to go calling to find out this information. The lady at the front desk, Gloria was great. She recommended the Millhouse Steakhouse which was exceptional.

Room Tip: 2nd floor has the ice machine. Also a reasonable breakfast 6-9:30 AM. Don't get 201 or 202 whi...
Canton, Ohio
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The hotel is in the middle of a remodel and it needs it. They have a good breakfast area with as good a selection as many more expensive hotels. The hotel has the size and is in a great location with restaurants on both sides so you don't have to drive. The staff is great but the hotel needs a remodel. Even though the room was sad it was spotless.

Room Tip: Ask if they have a room already remodeled.
1 Thank softballfan17
Ripley, Tennessee
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here, Our only real complaint is that the room was not very soundproof. Staff was outstanding, very helpful and knowledgeable. My shower water was lukewarm. I would stay here again, price very reasonable,

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
New York
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This was our first visit to this Comfort Inn which is just off I-95 in Brunswick, GA. It was easy to get to. Room rate isn't bad, particularly if you use the coupon found in the hotel magazines you can pick up at the rest areas along the interstate. Check-in was quick. Our room was on the top floor (5th). It looks like much of the hotel is being remodeled. I assume they will get to all the rooms to correct some deficiencies we noticed. We noted plaster dust/particles on the rugs and in the elevator. The room wasn't as clean as it should have been. Don't the maids ever look behind the bathroom door? Or periodically get along the edges of the rugs? That aside, the bed was comfortable with several pillows. Breakfast offerings are typical. Room was rather small for the number of guests that were there. This isn't the fault of the hotel, but what is the smell outdoors? It was overpowering when we checked in. It disappeared when we left in the a.m.

Another suggestion: how about a power strip on the desk. People are traveling with more electronic devices and would appreciate a convenient place to recharge. We had to get down under the desk to unplug lamps. A power strip would be nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple