“Typical Comfort Inn” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
New York
“Typical Comfort Inn”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

This was our first visit to this Comfort Inn which is just off I-95 in Brunswick, GA. It was easy to get to. Room rate isn't bad, particularly if you use the coupon found in the hotel magazines you can pick up at the rest areas along the interstate. Check-in was quick. Our room was on the top floor (5th). It looks like much of the hotel is being remodeled. I assume they will get to all the rooms to correct some deficiencies we noticed. We noted plaster dust/particles on the rugs and in the elevator. The room wasn't as clean as it should have been. Don't the maids ever look behind the bathroom door? Or periodically get along the edges of the rugs? That aside, the bed was comfortable with several pillows. Breakfast offerings are typical. Room was rather small for the number of guests that were there. This isn't the fault of the hotel, but what is the smell outdoors? It was overpowering when we checked in. It disappeared when we left in the a.m.

Another suggestion: how about a power strip on the desk. People are traveling with more electronic devices and would appreciate a convenient place to recharge. We had to get down under the desk to unplug lamps. A power strip would be nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Columbia, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

First of all let me say, the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The room however left a lot to be desired. The carpet in the hallway was filthy, the carpet in the room was sticky, the toilet would run off and on all day and night, the tub leaked, the showerhead was crusted over with hard water deposits, the bathtub needed scrubbed, and the sink overflowed. The room I stayed in needed A LOT of work and some MAJOR updates! The eggs at breakfast were cold and rubbery, the "hot" water for oatmeal and tea was not hot, and the breakfast left a lot to be desired. I will not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kelly H
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

I reserved 3 rooms while traveling through Brunswick, GA. I have stayed at this motel before and it was very good. This time, my room was good, but my son's and sister's were terrible. They both awoke in the middle of the night with terrible headaches and sinus problems. The bathrooms also were not real clean. My son had to leave a few hours later because of how sick he felt, leaving us to leave without him to travel alone. My son't room also had a fan that was so loud and clangy. Asked for another room, but that room smelled even worse which was the only available room left. They stayed in the first room with the loud fan. Very unhappy this time. Used my Choice privilege points for two rooms. Paid for the other Waiting for Choice to call me.

Room Tip: Be sure to maybe stay away from the pet friendly rooms.
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pmmack
Hazlehurst, GA.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

We had a clean comfortable room.. the room was very quiet... I stayed here overnight using my reward pts. The front desk lady clerk was so nice and helpful. She went out of her way to help everyone checking in and when she was answering the phone. the property is starting to get a few minor cosmetic problems.

Asheville, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

Though rate quoted on a late night arrival was dirt cheap and even less then in coupon book, room was in very poor condition with peeling walls, chips and a bed with a plastic pad that made unpleasant sounds. Couldn't get internet to work and front desk couldn't help.

Room Tip: See if there is one that is refurbished
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

I was a road weary traveler when I pulled in to the Comfort Inn in Brunswick, Georgia off I95. The last thing I wanted was a long process check-in. To my delight my check in took only a few moments. Express check-in!!!! Then to add to my delight was the rate I received. I must admit there was a moment I thought that the room must be of a poor standard because of the low rate. But I was delighted once more. The room was exceptionally clean and the bed turned out to be as comfortable as the one at my home. I woke up and took a fabulous shower in a very clean bathroom. The housekeeping staff must have been working overtime! I then enjoyed a hot fulfilling full breakfast. As I was leaving the front desk personnel inquired about my stay and wished me a safe and happy trip. I really felt as if they cared. I wish other hotels that I stayed at were as professional and welcoming as those ladies, both -- my checking in and my checking out..

Room Tip: Just advise those wonderful front desk individuals what you're looking for and I'm sure they...
2 Thank sherri w
Baxley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at this motel three times over the last 2 months. We have always been treated respectfully and the motel has always been clean. The breakfast area is organized and plentiful. Our room has always been comfortable and clean. The desk clerks has been helpful with ideas for things to do in the area. We are coffee drinkers and there is always coffee on.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple