“Not one of the better Comfort Inns” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn I-95 North

Comfort Inn I-95 North
Ranked #20 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina
“Not one of the better Comfort Inns”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

Stayed here one night on the way home from a cruise in Florida..we stay at Choice Hotel properties alot and this is not one of the better Comfort Inns we have stayed in. Property is old, not very well maintained and other than a nearby Cracker Barrel (which we ate at and was just fine!)l, everything at this exit off I 95 looked old and somewhat dilapidated. Breakfast was ok---we just stayed overnight and left the next morning. For a stay of any length in this area, I would try hotels at another exit!.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sunsetbeachgal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Jackson, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

Second visit to this hotel and it was wonderful again! This time it was warm enough to check out the pool and it was great! Huge pool and the staff was great! Everything clean and comfy. Thanks Jen and Steve!! :-)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 933leigh1
Ann Arbor, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

The four of us had a room with 1 king and a sofabed which worked just fine for our 1-night stay before visiting Jekyll's Island. Everything was clean and comfortable, the front desk was helpful, the wi-fi was good in the room, the breakfast was fine, and the hot tub and fitness center were pleasant extras. No complaints except a somewhat high cost.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank acwolfe
Leesburg, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

I was really let down by Hotwire on this one. I use Hotwire often to get a good deal on a room. I have found that they offer good deals on 4 star hotels, but not such good deals on lower star rated hotels.

This hotel is rated a 2 Star by all travel sites. On Hotwire it was a 2.5 star....wonder why the upgrade? The hotel in my opinion is a 1 to 1.5 star hotel at best.

The hotel looks decent from the outside. My first clue that this was not going to be a good experience was when I was greeted by a hotel clerk with multiple piercings and wearing a sweatshirt instead of a uniform. She was very pleasant and as helpful as she could be. Once I found out how dirty and disgusting our room was she tried to move us but could not. Not that I had much hope that other rooms were any better.

Our room was on the 3rd floor. When we excited the elevator we were greeted by unconditioned hallways. An area that looked to have at one time housed ice and vending machines was empty. All that remained was the dirty carpet. The entire hallway was very dirty. Our room was near the end of the hall.

We were hopeful the room was in better condition then the hall, no such luck.

The room (see pictures) was not only dirty but not kept up. The lock was broken, the light had been busted, the furnishings abused. The TV outdated and we did not want to touch the remote. The carpet was so dirty that we did not take our shoes off until we were in bed. There was hair both head and pubic hair (YUCK!!!) in the bed. The sheets were stained and I had to wonder if they had been changed between visitors. We slept with our clothes on and used our own pillows. The bathroom had been updated at some point but it was still dirty. The mattress had seen better days too. We were on a road trip from Florida to DC. We arrived late...we could not sleep as the room was so dirty that we wondered if we were going to get eaten alive by Bedbugs....we left at the crack of dawn after a fitful and light sleep. Due to the condition of the hotel we skipped the complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank runningtravel2010
Tallahassee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

We arrived about 10:45 in the morning. We'd reserved 3 rooms a few days prior. We asked about early check-in. The manager, Steve, said yes. Note....we were expecting them to say no. We were prepared to do a little shopping visit St. Simons Island, but they said yes.

We checked in, put our belongings in the rooms, turned the air on and left to grab a bite. We arrive back at the hotel 2 hours later ready for a nap. 2 of the rooms were HOT. Seriously, we were sweating. We asked them to take a look at the air unit. The "maintenance man" came in the room, turned the air off and on THREE times and said "It works fine to me" Ok, we know it comes on but it blows warm air. We called the manager and told him. He said his maintenance guy says it's fine.

We literally begged him to come check it out for himself. He told us, "if you guys would stop opening the doors so much maybe the room would cool down". Sir....we were gone for 2 hours, that's MORE than enough for a hotel room to cool down. Then he said, "Well you guys just had to have early check-in. If you'd waited until out normal check-in time you would've gotten more appropriate rooms" Ohhhhhhhhh....so the rooms we are in NOW are not appropriate. We see. I told him I don't care about check-in time...I want a room with AC.

So, he offered us a refund. We were like ok. As I was walking out to check out the Ramada that's located behind them, he said he has 2 rooms that we could switch to. We checked out the rooms and decided to take them.

Next morning, I go to look out the window and I hear something crunch under my feet. Dead cockroach. He'd been dead for a while too. He was in 4 different pieces. I'm glad I had on shoes. If I were barefoot, it would've been a huge mess. HUGE!

I'm attaching pictures of the dead roach and dried food on the floor.

The beds, however, were very comfy.

Stay at your own risk. Don't say you weren't warned. :)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Lady P
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

Nope! What a find. We pulled off the road and visited a few motels: plain, expensive, dull, no energy in the staff, no feeling of welcome no presentation in the front office

Room Tip: Seriously, the room was fabulous with a separate walled-off area for TV (big flat screen) or book re...