“Nice hotel, no WiFi on the floor I was on”

Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38)
Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is a very nice hotel and is very conveniently located off of I-95. The staff was very courteous, and the rooms and bedding were comfortable. I would stay here again if I was driving on I-95. My only minor complaint is that WiFi was not available on the floor I was on. It was late when I checked in, so this was not an issue, but it might have been if I had arrived earlier. I was given one of the last rooms in the hotel that night, which I appreciated even without WiFi. I did not have breakfast here, so I cannot comment on how it was.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
JeanMullis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38), responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

We appreciate that you gave us a nice review, thank you very much! I am happy to report the 4th floor problem with our Wi-Fi was resolved with a new access point and everybody has complimentary Wi-Fi again! This easy fix was a great relief to us, we know how crucial dependable Wi-Fi connectivity is to our guests! Please come stay with us again - we'll be ready for you!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38)

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I am a single woman so when I travel,I am picky about where I stay. I want to feel comfortable and have a restaurant on site ....I don' t like to have to drive somewhere after I have checked in. This hotel totally fit the bill! The person at the front desk was very welcoming and helpful. I had dinner at the steak house on site and met some wonderful people and had a fine dinner. My room was clean and spacious and the bed very comfortable . I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Thelma0313
JeanMullis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38), responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

I am also a single female traveler, I understand perfectly - especially if I'm in an area unfamiliar to me. We are fortunate to have a great location right here on the interstate exit so we're easy to find and do have our (local) award-winning restaurant right on property. Thank you for making this very valuable point for others and for the lovely compliment about our hotel! I will be sure to share your comments with our staff so we can all be more aware of any other special needs our single female guests may have when visiting with us!

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly and the service from both Holiday Inn and Millhouse Steak House was welcoming!!! I could tell they were glad I was there.The steak was perfectly cooked and the waitress brought it to my room as they were very busy! I'll remember this exit!!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tebo5
JeanMullis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38), responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Oh how we love guests that love us! Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this feedback - wish more people understood how important it is to let us know, good or bad, about their experience here so we know where to continue or change what we do! Our customer service comes first, otherwise we're just a building with beds and bathtubs like any other hotel. We really appreciate your compliments and hope you'll come back and be our guest again!

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Clean and comfortable. Has a great restaurant in the building so you don't have to walk or drive anywhere. Right off of I95 for easy access. The internet is spotty and you have to keep logging in but overall a really nice place to stay.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
JeanMullis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38), responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a nice review! We know you have many choices when it comes to hotels in this area, and hearing we delivered great services and amenities to you (that will cause you to choose us again!) really makes our day! Your lovely compliments will be shared with our staff today!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I just returned from a 2-night stay at this property. Once again, I seem to have bad luck with hotel desk clerks being glued to their telephones. Upon check-in, the desk clerk carried on a lengthy conversation while I just stood there. Eventually, she got off the telephone and processed my reservation. As I had requested, an upper floor room was waiting for me. It was well-appointed with every convenience, including an in-room microwave and well stocked coffee maker. For those without a laptop, this hotel has an operating business center so I was able to get on the internet from the PC in there. This hotel has a very good restaurant, which is reminiscent of the way Holiday Inns used to be before the 'express concept' took hold. Very convenient, especially the first night as I really didn't want to go back out to find a restaurant. They advertise room service available but I could never get any answer when I tried to call the extension from my room...just rang and rang. So I dined solo for dinner and breakfast. Very good quality of food.

On balance, I would recommend this hotel but caution not to expect the advertised room service feature. Parking is ample and it is right off I-95 and convenient to both nearby Georgia barrier islands.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Alan E
JeanMullis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38), responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you for a very nice compliment about our hotel! We apologize for the inconvenience you encountered regarding room service - a new phone has been purchased and installed to replace the one that had quit working and we're good to go now. Please try us again, we're looking forward to having you as our guest!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Driving from Florida to New York this was an easy place to stop when we were both bleary eyed from driving. I made a reservation while in the car and the front desk was prepared for us. Being Priority Club platinum members I expected the usual goodie bag or upgrade. When none was offered I asked if there was a status perk available. She told be we didn't have any status and were just regular Priority Club members. I informed her that we were indeed Platinum and we then got upgraded to a suite and also were able to choice to have an extra 500 points on our account. Thank you for that! My only gripe with the hotel is that the television in the living room did not work. It said that no cable TV was available. The one in the bedroom worked just fine. I called the front desk but the maintenance main said it was a cable company issue and could not be fixed. Unfortunately my husband was already sleeping in the bedroom and I was stuck without TV to watch the world series. I was bummed.... My husband complained the next morning the bed was not very comfortable but I thought it was hard but okay. All in all I would probably stay again if we were passing through.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
JeanMullis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38), responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

I'd like to apologize that you did not have a fabulous experience while you were our guest! There seemed to be a misunderstanding about your loyalty member level - you may have just reached Platinum status and it had not updated in the corporate database just yet, but I am glad we could accommodate your request to be upgraded. I appreciate your relating the issue with one tv not working and the other one working - this does not make sense to me either, and I will be addressing this with our staff to prevent this from happening again in any of our rooms. Thank you again for your feedback - it is very important to us so we can only get better!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I was on my way for a week in Florida and stayed here for the night on the way down. I stayed here last year and fell in love with the place. I didn't have a reservation, so I was hoping a room was available, and it was at a reasonable price. Check in was great, this is a great property with clean rooms, an indoor pool, and an on-site restaurant/steakhouse with good food and good prices. There are other dining options in the immediate area if you choose, but I highly recommend the on-site restaurant. Checkout was easy and fast, and I had a great, relaxing stay on my way to Mouse-Land.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
JeanMullis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38), responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Hooray! A great compliment for our hotel and staff - thank you so much! I hope we always exceed your expectations and let you kow how special you are when you return to visit. We'll be right here for you! Until next time, we wish for you safe travels and happy memories!