“My Regular Stop”

Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38)
Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed June 24, 2008

This is my favorite business stop in Brunswick. What first attracted me was a most basic need -- in room wired LAN. Most of the hotels in this area use pitiful wireless. You know a geek when you see one!

Anyway, I've stayed here for over 50 nights a year two years in a row and I've seen it in all stages. This is a very busy hotel that stays full almost every night. I usually book a week in advance.

The manager, Jean, has an eagle eye for detail. For this reason, all the common areas sparkle. For instance, someone wrote on a sign in the laudryroom. I noticed it there, but didn't say anything. Imagine my suprise one stay to find the sign was replaced!

The large volume of traffic does cause an occasional issue with the room. Mostly its a poor cleanup due to rushing. Being so close to the beach a lot of the Priority Club members take advantage of the late stay.

The Millhouse restaurant serves a good breakfast and a very good dinner. Room service is quick.

As for the staff, I'm called by name even by the maids.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank marvelgoose
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38)

Reviewed April 1, 2008

While travelling from DC to FL, I attempted to catch a catnap at 3am the day before Thanksgiving, at a highway rest facility, but found the highway and off-road traffic to be very noisy, so I tried my luck at the nearby Holiday Inn, which appeared to be brand new (other adjacent hotels were being built or had just been completed). This HI had plenty of vacancies. Using my Holiday Inn Priority Club membership, I got a room for $100 for the night, and, as an added member bonus, I was able to get my choice of food and drink (FWIW, I chose an energy bar and a 16 oz orange juice the next morning).

The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. My only "complaint" is that the window curtains were something of a mystery to operate, taking me nearly five minutes to find the pull-bar hidden behind each curtain end!

A supermarket, dollar store, and Waffle House are just down the road, but I don't recommend walking, as the traffic is a bit heavy.

The staff was very nice, but, a minor "mix-up" occurred that delayed my departure from the hotel: Just before I checked-out, I took my heavy suitcase to my car, and then drove to the Waffle House for breakfast. When I came back, I found that my toiletries kit - - which I had intended to use to brush my teeth and wash up before resuming my trip to FL - - was gone! It turned out that the maid saw me take my suitcase downstairs and drive away, and, naturally, she thought I had officially checked-out! So, she took the kit downstairs to the lost and found, which, inexplicably, took them about five minutes to find! I'm not blaming the maid for her seeming diligence, but I think she should have asked the front desk whether I had checked-out, first.

Regardless, it was a pleasant stay, and I recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled solo
2  Thank skaizun
Reviewed March 19, 2008

My family and I stayed here while in town for a graduation at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center. We choose this hotel based on the Trip Advisor reviews and because it has an indoor pool that I thought my daughter could enjoy.

Upon checking in everything seemed fine, the staff at the front desk was friendly. When I went to the room that they had assigned me it was still being cleaned. So I had to go back down the lobby and get another room. I made my way to the second room and the access cards for the room did not work. So I had to make yet another trip to the lobby and get a third set of access cards for a room at this hotel. And then on the second day of the stay the access cards (both that we were given at check in) stopped working and I had to make another trip to the lobby for additional access cards. All of these trips to the lobby are not fun when traveling with a three and a half year old child.

The indoor pool was nice and clean and although it is indoors, it is not heated and the water temperature was extremely cold (low 60's). I never saw a guest in the pool the entire three days that we were there.

The room was clean and the beds were comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed January 21, 2008

I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Brunswick, GA (I-95 Property). Here is what I thought:

The hotel is located right off of I-95 (Exit 38) in Brunswick, GA. The hotel appears to be fairly new and is surrounded by a few other hotels in a hotel complex kind of atmosphere. It is located down the street from the Brunswick/Golden Isles Airport and the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center as well as 20 minutes from St. Simons/Jekyl Island areas.

The lobby area is nice containing some nice couches by a fireplace and some flat screen tv's on the wall. The lobby contains a small room that has some varieties of snacks for purchase that are paid for at the front desk. (Not a sundrie shop) Attatched to the lobby is the Millhouse Steakhouse as well as the indoor pool.

The rooms were fairly nice. They had a tv, wireless internet access, a fridge, ironing board, iron, closet space, a small table and chairs and a self contained HVAC unit. The bed was decent and the linens appeared to be clean. The only problem with the room was that the non-smoking rooms and the smoking rooms are not seperated from each other and sometimes, the smell of smoke would creep into your room. Also, some non-smoking rooms (as mine was) smelled of smoke when I specifically requested a non-smoking room.

Parking can be limited as the hotel parking lot is combined with steakhouse parking lot which gets very crowded at night.

The indoor pool was small but appeared clean. But, if you are looking for a quiet pool atmosphere on your roadtrip, this is not the spot as their always seemed to be a lot of unsupervised children running around and in the pool area.

MILLHOUSE STEAKHOUSE: The steakhouse located in the Holiday Inn gets very crowded at night not just by guests but also by locals. It is small and has limited seating. Seating wait times the night that we ate their ranged from 15 minutes to 1 hour. It has a large menu with expensive prices. The food was okay and nothing special. If you dont want to venture out into Brunswick to look for a restaraunt, it is not a bad place to eat. But, it is not something that I would go out of my way to eat. (especially for the money)

Prices of Rooms: The prices of the rooms I felt were a little steep for what you were getting. But, in the surrounding area and with the close proximity to the airport, I-95, and FLETC, it is one of the nicer ones.

If you decide to book, dont expect 5 star. Just expect a decent hotel that might be a bit overpriced that is crowded during the nighttime.

Happy Travels!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed December 26, 2007

I was given a high recommendation of this hotel from my brother after I tried getting a room at my favorite hotel in Brunswick--Embassy Suites, Unfortunately, the Embassy Suites was sold out and there were many food reasons why this Holiday Inn was not. This hotel was expensive --$123 for a night,

Upon entering the lobby, I was impressed by the cleanliness of the lobby and the beautiful Christmas decorations. After checking inn, I specifically informed the front desk attendant that I needed a non-smoking room. She also gave us information about how the majority of the hotel is non-smoking.

When I entered the room, it wreaked of cigar smoke. I immediately requested a change of rooms which I was given quickly. The new room had a better smell--no smoke, The room was not too clean as there was pieces of small paper and much dust on the floor as well as stains on the rug. Housekeeping did a poor vacuuming job. The wallpaper and this piece of wall paper was full of mildew.

The heating system did not work properly and has to be set 0n 90 degrees to reach seventy degrees. Also, the toilet did not work properly. Every time you flushed, it sounded like a rocket taking off.

I informed the Front Desk Attendant of the problem and said she will have someone check it while I went out for dinner. While returning from dinner, the clerk told me that the Engineer checked out the toilet and said it was fine. This was not true and it was difficult to flush. I informed this too the front desk attendant again when checking out and she was not apologetic and did not care.

However, in all fairness, the design of the room is superb and the bedding is excellent

As for the attached restaurant, do not eat there because the food is gross and the service is lousy.

Stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed November 28, 2007

The perfect place to stop on our way from NY to Orlando! We drove through the night and arrived at the Holiday Inn Glyncko in Brunswick Georgia in the late afternoon. This is a very new, clean interior corridor hotel with lots of parking. The area is set back from the highway, yet surrounded by other hotels so you feel very safe. Friendly staff. There is a restaurant attached with pretty good food. However, I would not recommend ordering room service-the person who took our order over the phone also delivered it to our room and got the whole order mixed up. Kids eat free, so we were given a credit off of our room service bill for the kids. Had breakfast in the restaurant the next morning, kids eat free:) This hotel is only a 3 1/2-4 hour drive to Disney World. We will definitely stay here again when travelling to Orlando!

Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank LCNY5
Reviewed September 6, 2007

This is the nicest Holiday Inn I've ever stayed in, and I told the front desk that when we were there. The property is relatively new and in excellent shape. We had a king non-smoking room that was large and well-furnished, including a comfortable bed. The restaurant on site (The Millhouse) serves a fantastic dinner and was recommended by a local who sat next to me on the airplane. Both the steak and the pasta dishes we had were very, very good, and I would definitely eat there again. We will stay at this Holiday Inn the next time we're in Brunswick, with no hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2007