“Great place to stay!”

Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38)
Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Aiken, South Carolina, United States
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We stayed here on our way to Tampa on a Thursday. This is a beautiful hotel in a great location. The room was spotless and lovely with a great bed. Richard (front desk) was so helpful and courteous - he even called our room to make sure everything was what we expected. It was that and more. The Millhouse Steak House is attached to the hotel and is excellent. Extensive menu and great drink specials! We got in early but it was packed before we left - surprising for a Thursday night. We will definitely stay at this Holiday Inn again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mary B
JeanMullis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38), responded to this review, April 4, 2012
Thank you! We think our restaurant, Millhouse Steakhouse is wonderful, always telling guests it's not your "typical" hotel restaurant. They're packed every night- so many locals have discovered our secret! I will be sure to let Richard know he did a good job taking care of you, and we hope you stop by on your next trip to or from Florida. We'll have your room ready for you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Winter Haven, Florida
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We stayed at this lovely inn again last night. It was again just perfect! The place was filled to capacity. We had to wait in the lobby for some friends and listened as several parties were told that they were full for the night. The staff was most polite and sympathetic to those who were unable to take advantage of this fine hotel. The room was immaculate! We wanted to switch out the decaf for regular coffee...housekeeping provided more than enough! We encountered several of the housekeeping staff on our brief visit..all very friendly in spite of being so busy! The ladies at the front desk were so aware of the needs of their guests. A gentleman was having difficulty with his luggage and all of the carts had been claimed. A man with a dolley appeared and the problem was solved...less than 3 minutes! The desk clerk called our room to make sure all was well. It was quiet! You would have never guessed that they were filled to capacity. I really can't say enough about the excellent experience. If you're in Brunswick, don't hesitate to stop here.

Room Tip: We needed a handicapped accessible room...shower/lower tub shower, etc. with two beds. This is our...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Siamese4me
JeanMullis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38), responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Thank you! Thank you! I just printed a copy of your review and posted it right by our employees' time clock! This is by far, the nicest review we've ever gotten - for you to acknowledge the entire staff & how well we handled things during a very busy time is such a welcome pat on the back after a long day! Unfortunately too often, guests aren't aware of the incredible teamwork it takes to be successful in the hospitality industry...I can't begin to tell you how proud of our staff I am and how much I appreciate your compliments. I'd like to give you a great big hug!
Lake Mary, Florida
Reviewed March 30, 2012

We stopped in for a night to break up the long drive between Tampa, Florida and Asheville, NC. Our room was ready upon our arrival and we were immediately struck by how nice the room was for a Holiday Inn. The bed was comfortable, there was a variety of pillow types, and the room was immaculant. The toiletries they provided were made by Bath and Body Works and smelled so great that I decided to actually take them home incase a guest stays the night at the house and needs some.
The location was close to the highway, but not so close you heard the traffic. It was also a short drive to any sory of dining you might want, and St. Simon Island is a 20 minute drive away. While we only stayed for one night at this hotel, I could see it being comfortable for an entire weekend.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor, on the back side of the building. There wasn't any noise problem for...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TouristaBuena
JeanMullis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38), responded to this review, April 1, 2012
We are incredibly grateful for this positive review - when we are at sold-out capacity, as we were this past weekend, it means even more to us that we have taken care of our guests as we should have. Our staff is amazing & our owners know that re-investing in our hotel keeps everything in top shape, and that keeps our guests asking "is this a new hotel?" . I'm thrilled you enjoyed the Bath & Body Works amenities! Pleae come back and visit with us again, we'll be waiting for you!
South Glens Falls, New York
Reviewed March 22, 2012

This was our second stay at this great property. We stopped on our way down to Florida and now on the way back because they really know how to "Do the Right Thing" and take care of you. From the front desk to the breakfast southern hospitality is the rule. Clean rooms, a fanstatic location and winning ways is what to expect. The Millhouse Steak House is an added bonus that will bring us back year after year. With $2.00 drink specials and an extensive menu, great service no wonder this place is packed on a Friday night. It is connected to the hotel so have fun and enjoy.

Room Tip: Enjoy the Millhouse connected. Join Priority Club an reap the rewards. Grocery and gas just down th...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
JeanMullis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38), responded to this review, March 25, 2012
Wow - thank you for a terrific compliment! It gives me great pleasure to share TripAdvisor reviews like this one with our staff. We enjoy guests who enjoy themselves when they're visiting with us, and we hope you've found us to be your "second home" next time you pass through Brunswick. You'll always be welcome here and we're proud to have made a new friend!
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Our family stayed at the Holiday Inn Brunswick en route from Florida to New York. We loved the hotel's southern hospitality, from a great service experience with all the staff we met to sparkling cleanliness. The hotel's public areas and guestrooms looked brand new, and they were incredibly clean and well cared for. We were checked in by Hotel General Manager Jean, and she was friendly and prompt. We toured Saint Simon Island, and the kids loved the park and beach there. For dinner, we ate at the Millhouse Restaurant, which is a local favorite that connects to the hotel and conveniently allows guests to charge to their rooms. The restaurant turned into an active live music scene, where a great vocalist and DJ were clearly attracting a local following. Some people we met at the bar told us they stay at the hotel just for the Millhouse. In the morning, our youngest daughter told us that she loved the bed and had a great sleep. She often suffers from insomnia (even in her own bed), so thanks Holiday Inn for giving us a great sleep!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
JeanMullis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38), responded to this review, February 27, 2012
It's wonderful to hear we hit a home run for you and appreciate your wonderful compliments! You are right, our restaurant, The Millhouse Steakhouse, is not your typical hotel restaurant, and we enjoy telling our guests about all the local food competition awards they've won since we've been open (since 2005)! It is always a pleasure to make our guests feel happy and comfortable, and you've made my day. Thank you so much for taking the time to let everybody know this way, and please come back again to be our guest!
Alabama
Reviewed February 20, 2012

You can't go wrong staying at this hotel. I traveled on business with my wife. She stayed and enjoyed the hotel amenities while I worked. She thoroughly enjoyed the excercise room.

The rooms were absolutely fabulous! The bed was very comfortable. I could not believe how quiet the room was. Staying there for 5 days, i expected to have some irritating noise from other guests. These rooms apparently are vell insulated. parking was very good. Most of the time I was able to park close to the entrances.

Regina was very helpful to us. She was able to recommend some of the places to visit in Brunswick and the surrounding area. She made us feel like family as she talked with us. She is truly an asset to Holiday Inn.

Make sure you visit The Millhouse Restaurant that is on site. According to the hostess, there are only 4 of these restaurants in the U.S. The food is fantastic!

Room Tip: Try staying on the 5th floor. However, ice and vending machines are only on the 4th and 2nd floors.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
JeanMullis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38), responded to this review, February 22, 2012
The satisfaction of our guests is so important to us, I can't say thank you enough for your wonderful compliments about our property and staff. We always encourage our visitors to share their comments with us regarding their stay so we can know where improvements could be made, or to continue something that's working really well. Thank you for taking the time to post such a lovely review and let us know when you're ready to come back - we're waiting for you!
Gulf Shores
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We were en route to Pawleys Island, SC and ran out of daylight. With no reservations, we were prepared for the worst. To our delight. we were warmly greeted, given a beautiful room and steered to the Millhouse Restautant which is on site and must be one of the best kept secrets of Brunswick. Our stay was so satisfying that we pulled off the road early on our return trip home just to experience the hospitality once again. I want to recognize one person in particular who was responsible for seeing that we were so satisfied that we altered our travel plans. Mr. Allen White is so focused on customer satisfaction that he is a treasure in the hospitality business. If I was in the industry, I would steal him away in a heart beat.

C, Smith

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
JeanMullis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38), responded to this review, February 1, 2012
Your compliments on our restaurant, our hospitality, and our employee, Allen, are exactly what a general manager wants to hear - you've made my day! We are grateful for any type of comment, believing both good and bad reviews help us to improve our services and know what our guests want. Thank you for being kind enough to extend a pat on the back to us, and please consider us your "second home" when you pass this way again!