“Great front desk service.”

Courtyard Brunswick
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed June 4, 2010

Large, comfortable room with reading chair and lamp. Often reading chairs don't have adequate light nearby. Business center is pleasant and free. Breakfast is standard fare, but room is prettier than average. Close to highway and easy to book on name your price at priceline.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 27, 2010

We hadn't stayed in a Marriott Courtyard in a while since Marriott has so many brands it's often tough to find a distinction. This Courtyard was so very average but with one major irritant that goes on my list of 'don't stay there again'.... Noise from the people staying in the room above us. My wife and I were on the 2nd. floor. It wasn't the people's fault overhead, they were just walking across the room. The poor, and probably inexpensive, design is the problem. Long story short, if you want a Marriott property there's got to be a Fairfield nearby that will offer free breakfast and a room that might be almost equal. If you're not married to Marriott then there's a new Hampton Inn within sight that I can guarantee will be superior.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dfrith
Reviewed April 11, 2010

My boyfriend works for Marriott and we had a reduced room rate due to him being a Marriott employee. With that being said, we were NOT expecting special treatment. The location was fine for us (we planned on spending some time on St Simons Island and Jekyll Island) and the drive was approx. 15 mins. There are plenty of restaurants, shopping malls, etc around the hotel. We checked in without problems then get to our room. Let me just say that we originally booked two rooms and our second party cancelled due to a sick child. We called and requested adjoining and they said they could not do that for us...kind of disappointing but working in hotels both my boyfriend and I know that is NOT a guarantee (especially during Spring Break). We get to our room and the rooms are small...we had a king bed with a sofa pullout and once the sofa is pulled out you are like sardines in a can. Hotel itself is fairly new but little things erked us. The towel bar in the room had screws missing and was wobbly. My kids couldn't walk without it sounding like they were a herd of elephants (floors not very soundproof). Front Desk staff isn't the nicest. One of the front desk clerks was even playing on her cell phone sitting near the business center when we came down one morning. Sometimes they wouldn't even acknowledge you when you walked through the lobby. Breakfast is NOT free but is very good. Make your own waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, fruit, danish, donuts, yogurt, cereal, etc--$8.95 for adults. Breakfast attendant was super friendly on morning of 4/9/10. Our housekeepers Sheila, Tina and another lady (her name began with a C--African American woman with spiked hair on 3rd floor) were wonderful! We came back to a clean room every day! Pool was supposed to be heated but was very chilly however the whirlpool area was nice. Business center consisted of two computers and a printer. Overall a decent stay. We would stay here again if needed.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Momonthego08
Reviewed February 27, 2010

Here's my Marriott Rewards reservation details: Please note that we will assess a fee of 122.08 USD if you must cancel after this deadline.
If you have made a prepayment, we will retain all or part of your prepayment. If not, we will charge your credit card.
Nowhere on this does it say I cannot pay with cash! It also does not tell you that if you do plan on paying with cash you have to have an extra $100 deposit!!! I'm not renting a house for a week, I stayed one night and was paying in cash up front. I could have given a credit card for incidentals such as phone -- but that would have been what? $10? $25? The clerk was very rude. What if I hadn't had an extra $100 in cash? I was paying in advance!!! I was taking my daughter and her friends for a birthday sleepover and this ruined my night. I will be reporting this to the owner and to Marriott corporate. Even in Myrtle Beach they only asked for $25 deposit. They don't check your room before handing you back your $100 so what was the point anyway??? Beds were hard, bathroom was not clean and there is tons of highway noise at this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank bassigirl
Reviewed January 23, 2010

I would like to say that I stay out of town in hotels probably 2-3 times a week with my job. This is a very nice hotel, as it is realitively new and it is very neat and very clean. Compared to other hotels I have stayed in the immediate area, the room was small, the bed was worse than terrible as my wife and I both woke up the next morning with terrible back aches in the lower parts of our back. We both we hurting an aching the entire day. I must say that we have stayed at other hotels in the immediate area that are also new, and had much larger rooms and the beds were very very comfortable for much less. We decided upon this trip to give courtyard a try, but I can assure you we will never stay there again. To bad the hotel did not invest as much in their beds as they did making the place look nice and clean!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank OceanCity114
Reviewed October 21, 2009

I booked my trip with Government Vacation Rewards . I explained to customer service the date i wanted to go also explained to them that i did not get paid until midnight that night would the hotel wait until that time to run my debit/credit card. customer service at Gov Vac Rewards assured me that my debit/credit card would not be charged until i checked out. i ask the travel agent was she sure and she assured me that would not be a problem, she even but me on hold to double check an it was no problem. i got to my destination which was the Courtyard Marriott in Brunswick Georgia and was ready to check in which I knew i did not have enought money to cover the room until the next day or that night at 1200 which was a few hours away. The receptions at the Courtyard ran my card and it was decline, so i told here I knew it would be decline because I do not get paid until tomorrow which would be a few hours from now and I explained to her what the government travel told me. So, I was beginning to get upset knowing what was told to me and getting to the hotel and to be told I cannot stay because of lack of funds. The General manager came out and asked what was the problem and I told him what was told to me by Government Vacation Rewards he said "we are not going to let you travel back to where you just came from we are going to help you" he said whom ever told you that we won't swip your card until you leave did not tell you the truth.
Not sure what took place but, the General manager help me with my stay and i explained to him that i will get paid at 1200 midnight that night and i will pay for the entire trip. When the next morning came i paid for the entire stay.
Once checking in going to the room, it was the most beautifu stay i could of ever imagine. The staff was wonderful. I was around everyting such as shopping beaches, the Island were beautiful.I want to say thanks to everyone at the Courtyard Marriott in Brunswick Georgia. It is right off 95 south in Brunswick Georgia. A beautiful place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank satified
Reviewed December 14, 2008

I stayed at this hotel 1 day. It was very nice, up to date and modern. I would defintely stay at the hotel again. I booked my room on the hotel website. The hotel is located right off I-95, exit 38 in Brunswick. The room was without a doubt very clean.

I did not eat breakfast here. They do serve breakfast but it is not free. There is a Golden Coral down about 2 miles away from the hotel

There are plenty of restaurants in the area if you travel East of the hotel. There are also plenty of stores.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)