“Great stopover!”

Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great stopover!”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

The Courtyard Marriott Brunswick is a refreshing stopover when traveling on Interstate 95. No the usual worn out and run down interstate motel that litter the highways. This place is definitely a cut above anything in the area. The staff, lobby, restaurant are great, upgraded linens, clean and spacious room with flat screen TV, excellent free Wifi. For the businessmen using the I-95 route this place is certainly worth a stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Joe M
Courtyard31525, General Manager at Courtyard Brunswick, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Guest, thank you for your nice comments. We are proud to be above of the common hotel, we are recently renovated with additional amenities than the other hotels in the area don't offer. We are glad you were able to enjoy your stay and we hope you keep coming back. Thank you for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Roswell, Georgia
Reviewed May 24, 2014

The hotel has been upgraded and is very nice. The staff was friendly and very accomodating. We arrived early and there were no rooms ready yet. We were not surprised, as it was very early. We went out for lunch and the room was ready when we returned. Even though the highway was right next to the hotel, the highway noise did not bother us at all (we were on the end of the hotel near the highway).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Barb125
Valued guest, I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us. As you mentioned we are the most recent renovated hotel in the area and we have staff that makes the difference. Also, it is good to hear you had a good night sleep, most of our guest don't have any problems even when they are close to highway like you. Thank you for staying with us and please come back to see us soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

My family and I along with some friends stayed 3 nights. We received great service and the staff was very friendly. The hotel was nice and clean. We will definitely stay again when traveling to the area. There was always staff at the front desk. The breakfast was great as well.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Hudson121
Courtyard31525, General Manager at Courtyard Brunswick, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Guest, thank you for the great review and rating. We love to see that we deliver the superior service we work for. By staying for 3 days, I am sure that you had the chance to pay attention to many details and I am glad the team was on point. Thank you for staying with us and we certainly hope to see you soon!
north carolina
Reviewed May 19, 2014

we normally enjoy staying at the courtyard, but this one from the beginning was a challenge. first there is no signage for directions, the location is behind a service station and a bowling alley, check in was ok but not very friendly. the air conditioning in the rooms was not adequate, staff was not knowledgeable in area dinning possibilities or just was not interested in being helpful. probably will not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank crock28459
Courtyard31525, General Manager at Courtyard Brunswick, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear guest, thank you for your feedback. I regret to see that your stay was not up to the excellence we strive for. I can see how the directions could be challenge. Although we normally receive a lot of praise for friendliness and attentiveness, there are times when we may fail on our goal and service. I am very interested to know more details so I can make corrections and improve. Would love if you can call me at 912-265-2644 or email me at cy.bqkcy.gm@marriott.com. Thank you for staying with us.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

I arrived for a one night stay on my way to Orlando. When I got to my room I discovered it backed up to 95 I could hear the traffic all night. The staff cleaned the room in a hurry leaving behind two towles left on the floor. When I went down to inform the front desk there was no one around. The room was nice and we'll kept. Overall I have had better experiences at other Courtyards.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank rich w
Courtyard31525, General Manager at Courtyard Brunswick, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Valued Guest, thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it as it allow us the opportunity to correct and improve. We take great pride in our services and although we strive to deliver the best experience, there are times when we fail. I see that it was the case with the housekeeper leaving towels in your room. We regret that we didn't meet our goal and disappoint you. I would love if I can get more details about this, can you please contact me at 912-265-2644 or andres.norena@marriott.com. Thank you for staying with us!
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Whether you are a tourist, business person, or just traveling through, Courtyard by Marriott Brunswick is a great hotel. Courtyard seems to be a quality brand wherever you are, but the Brunswick Courtyard excels with friendly, courteous, and helpful staff. It is not just southern hospitality because I have stayed at other hotels in the area. The secret must be training and leadership by the local management. Whatever the explanation, it was refreshing to be cared for and treated so well. I will definitely stay there again. In fact I look forward to it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank ktaven
Dear Guest, we are pleased to see that you were very satisfied with your stay and that you will come back to stay with us. We take pride in our jobs and go over very intensive training to be up to the legendary Marriott satisfaction and as leaders of the hotel, we work to be the example of the team, so I am pleased to see you noticed the difference. Again, thank you for the nice review and hope to see you soon!
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Okay so I don't do these unless the hotel is either really terrible or really amazing... And Courtyard by Marriott in Brunswick, GA is really amazing! My fiancé travels A LOT for work and I sometimes go with him to reap the benefits. We have always been Hilton people, so much so that I went to work for the company! Upon making reservations at the one in Brunswick, we were told it was booked. So I googled the area and found Marriott. I've always seen it tucked away but never gave it a second thought. So in looking at reviews and pictures I was blown away! It looked like a resort! Bistro to boot! So I made reservations and the price was great... Which made me nervous. I've found anything that's too good to be true- is! So when I arrived I was extremely happy! The lobby was well, awesome!! And they had private booths where you could sit and enjoy you're breakfast with your OWN private t.v. How cool is that? I quickly checked out the pool area and was made even more happy! It was like a little oasis. Even had a covered area where you could eat and/or grill out. Plenty of the nice kind of lawn chairs.... Not the plastic ones like most hotels. A nice fitness room right next to a secluded but still very much on camera whirlpool...Unfortunately my fiancé just had knee surgery so we couldn't enjoy those things together. I however enjoyed them enough for the both of us! Now to the best part. When you stay somewhere for a week you start to notice employees attitudes. And this employees didn't disappoint. All of the (no exaggeration) employees were friendly and cheerful. I was surprised at how willing the housekeeping staff was willing to help with everything. And everyone, houseman included had a smile and greeted me at all times. And when I met the manager I realized why such a happy place. Andres Norena is the manager and I would see him when I would walk through the lobby and he ALWAYS had a smile on his face! Whether with guests or employees. And that makes a happy work environment. I know. When you like and respect your boss, your work reflects it. It doesn't hurt that he is easy on the eyes as well. But I am happily engaged and am going to stop there before I become single. Anyways, there are a few I would like to recognize in particular who made my stay especially fun and welcoming. Shan, Edna and Latasha were so helpful and friendly. They would stop why they were doing just to talk to me, which means a lot. They're busy ladies and they took a few moments out to make me feel at home. Another thing, the ladies were all well kept. It is a turn off to an establishment when employees are sloppy and slobs. Not here. Those ladies took pride in their uniform and job. Moving on, the rooms were well laid out, and I was surprised at how nice they were. I figured it was just another hotel room seeing that we spend a lot of time at them. I should've known by the looks of lobby that it was better than ordinary. The room was amazing. We ordered just a king standard. Nothing standard about it. Came complete with a neat couch and a cool movable desk. The bathroom was huge! And the bed comfy! As you can see by my ramblings, I fell in love with this place. Another part that I like is it's nestled away, which means it secluded. Which makes it even more like an oasis. So I hope this helps. I realize it is long and when I like something I can get carried away. However, I wanted to paint the picture so everyone could see it how I saw and experienced it. And I'm sure if it were you, you would be treated no differently. They like their job and they like their guests. It shows. I want to say thank you again to Andre, Shan, :), Edna and Latasha... Seeing you soon.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Dorian S
Courtyard31525, General Manager at Courtyard Brunswick, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Appreciated Guest, my team and I don't have enough words of gratitude for the kind and generous feedback. Our commitment and dedication is due to our passion to take care of our guest. Many times it is unnoticed, but there are times when we receive the best reward, which is the recognition from our guests for delivering that satisfaction we strive for. I share with the team and they were static to read such a nice review and hear how we accomplished our number one goal and how you described it with attention to the details. Many business travelers are becoming frequent guest at our hotel, and we are thrilled to have you both as our new regular guests. As you know, we will take care of you and truly look forward to have you again soon!
Sincerely, Andres Noreña (GM)