“Nice property at great price”

Courtyard Brunswick
Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Traveling on business and got this hotel at great price....super friendly & helpful desk staff. Large clean room..some road noise but not annoying. Modern room decor with comfy pillows.A well done and upscale Marriott Courtyard. A great stay for the price!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Brunswick

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were in Brunswick for a family reunion. The hotel was close to the interstate and the beach. We extended our stay because this hotel was convenient to everything. Saint Simons Island is close by and well worth a visit. We had great service at Courtyard and will definitely be back.

Room Tip: With kids, I wish we had been closer to the elevator.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We had been on the road for a number of hours and were hungry and tired. The desk clerk, Dorothy Graham, was very pleasant and friendly. She told us all the latest improvements at the Courtyard and could not have been nicer. It made our stay extremely enjoyable after a long day.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We booked online and got an excellent price, very reasonable for a Courtyard with a pool and hot tub. Tried to check in early on a Saturday, but no luck. Went sight seeing and came back at 5 to check in. Our room was on the second floor, king bed, couch, fridge, microwave. Very nice. We drove into St Simons for dinner and then rushed back to hit the pool, since they told us it closed at 8 PM. It was over run by several yelling jumping slashing kids. We said no and went to our room for a little tv before hitting the hay after a long day of driving. The next morning we got up early and headed down to the hot tub, no one around and then went to the pool. The sign said it was open until 10 PM, but front desk clerk said 8 PM. ?? Pool and hot tub were both clean, however by 9 AM, no one had been out to pick up the dirty towels from the day before yet. We checked out and left by 10. Road noise is heard, but not so much that we couldn't sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from the highway, if that's possible. Opt for third floor so you don't he...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Catching up on reviews, been awhile since my stay.

I used to travel to Brunswick several times a month and of the 7 area hotels I have stayed in this is by far my favorite. Friendly staff, (well most of them), great location, comfortable rooms. Denny’s right behind the hotel within walking distance and the market in the lobby are great if you want something late at night and don’t want to drive anywhere. Pool is nice as well as the hot tub, a little odd that the hot tub is indoors and the pool is outdoors but I believe they had the largest hot tub I have ever seen at a hotel. On one stay I had a room with a sliding door that opened to a small patio with its own chairs in the courtyard and a walkway to the pool.

Only problem I had during multiple stays was one of the waitresses, if she was working the breakfast buffet area that morning you didn’t get refills on orange juice etc. Other than that breakfast was always good. Unfortunately it looks like they did the remodel of the lobby after my last stay and replaced the buffet with the new Bistro which from my experience at Courtyard’s that have them are not as good.

I would still stay here again if I needed to go to this area but I would probably not do the stay for breakfast rate.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We recently moved to the Brunswick area and needed a place to stay while awaiting our household goods. We've stayed at Courtyards before and were pleased. The lobby area was very welcoming with couches, tv, fireplace, business center. There was a bistro there too. Everything looked clean and bright. Our room was quite spacious. The bed was comfortable, everything was in working order, plenty of towels etc. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would not hesitate to stay here again or recommend the Courtyard to others. We did not use the pool or fitness center. I did see the pool. It was small but looked clean. They also had umbrella tables and a gas grill outside for guests to use. Lots of nice touches. They also offered a nice Triple A discount.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 3rd floor facing the front of the building. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I found the decor and facilities to be very good for a Courtyard. They even offer a Starbucks coffee stand in their restaurant which was great because I have lattes everyday. I wish that they would have had more help in the restaurant during the morning as it was a long wait to get that latte.

I appreciated the fridge in the room too. The only thing I didn't like was that the electrical outlets on the nightstand went off when you turned the light by the bed off.

Staff was very pleasant.