“Dirty Bathrooms”

Courtyard Brunswick
Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed July 14, 2011

My bathroom was dirty from the day i walked in to the day I left. Not to mention my room was not cleaned one day

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank lenoxcircleguy

Reviewed March 30, 2011

We stay at Marriot's often enough to know that our experience here was not the norm. The room in this hotel was lovely, the service was terrible. At check-in, a gift card was not applied to our bill. In the morning, we waited 10-15 minutes to be seated in a dining area that had many empty tables and one person working. The breakfast was totally inadequate for $9.00 each primarily because the one kitchen staff could not keep up. There was certainly nothing close to ordering eggs "your way." We were lucky to get scrambled eggs. Many parents with small children stood, as we did looking at the many empty tables for what was essentially a buffet. In trying to get the room credit fixed, I stood at the front desk for 12 minutes, A staff person walking by told me that the person who should have been at the frontdesk was in the restroom. This is very understaffed hotel with staff not well versed in customer service.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank maggieofstandale
Reviewed June 14, 2010

I stayed here for a few nights while in Brunswick and I have to say they are the BEST Marriott beds I have ever had the pleasure of sleeping in. The service at this hotel is very good and the staff are very friendly and helpful to make your stay more memorable. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again if I ever return. Great job Marriott and I want one of those beds!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 4, 2010

Large, comfortable room with reading chair and lamp. Often reading chairs don't have adequate light nearby. Business center is pleasant and free. Breakfast is standard fare, but room is prettier than average. Close to highway and easy to book on name your price at priceline.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2010

We hadn't stayed in a Marriott Courtyard in a while since Marriott has so many brands it's often tough to find a distinction. This Courtyard was so very average but with one major irritant that goes on my list of 'don't stay there again'.... Noise from the people staying in the room above us. My wife and I were on the 2nd. floor. It wasn't the people's fault overhead, they were just walking across the room. The poor, and probably inexpensive, design is the problem. Long story short, if you want a Marriott property there's got to be a Fairfield nearby that will offer free breakfast and a room that might be almost equal. If you're not married to Marriott then there's a new Hampton Inn within sight that I can guarantee will be superior.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dfrith
Reviewed April 11, 2010

My boyfriend works for Marriott and we had a reduced room rate due to him being a Marriott employee. With that being said, we were NOT expecting special treatment. The location was fine for us (we planned on spending some time on St Simons Island and Jekyll Island) and the drive was approx. 15 mins. There are plenty of restaurants, shopping malls, etc around the hotel. We checked in without problems then get to our room. Let me just say that we originally booked two rooms and our second party cancelled due to a sick child. We called and requested adjoining and they said they could not do that for us...kind of disappointing but working in hotels both my boyfriend and I know that is NOT a guarantee (especially during Spring Break). We get to our room and the rooms are small...we had a king bed with a sofa pullout and once the sofa is pulled out you are like sardines in a can. Hotel itself is fairly new but little things erked us. The towel bar in the room had screws missing and was wobbly. My kids couldn't walk without it sounding like they were a herd of elephants (floors not very soundproof). Front Desk staff isn't the nicest. One of the front desk clerks was even playing on her cell phone sitting near the business center when we came down one morning. Sometimes they wouldn't even acknowledge you when you walked through the lobby. Breakfast is NOT free but is very good. Make your own waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, fruit, danish, donuts, yogurt, cereal, etc--$8.95 for adults. Breakfast attendant was super friendly on morning of 4/9/10. Our housekeepers Sheila, Tina and another lady (her name began with a C--African American woman with spiked hair on 3rd floor) were wonderful! We came back to a clean room every day! Pool was supposed to be heated but was very chilly however the whirlpool area was nice. Business center consisted of two computers and a printer. Overall a decent stay. We would stay here again if needed.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Momonthego08
Reviewed February 27, 2010

Here's my Marriott Rewards reservation details: Please note that we will assess a fee of 122.08 USD if you must cancel after this deadline.
If you have made a prepayment, we will retain all or part of your prepayment. If not, we will charge your credit card.
Nowhere on this does it say I cannot pay with cash! It also does not tell you that if you do plan on paying with cash you have to have an extra $100 deposit!!! I'm not renting a house for a week, I stayed one night and was paying in cash up front. I could have given a credit card for incidentals such as phone -- but that would have been what? $10? $25? The clerk was very rude. What if I hadn't had an extra $100 in cash? I was paying in advance!!! I was taking my daughter and her friends for a birthday sleepover and this ruined my night. I will be reporting this to the owner and to Marriott corporate. Even in Myrtle Beach they only asked for $25 deposit. They don't check your room before handing you back your $100 so what was the point anyway??? Beds were hard, bathroom was not clean and there is tons of highway noise at this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family